'The tie that everyone's already talking about'

lauriesrank

Whoever wins through to face Celtic should play the game at their own ground. Failure to do so should see them thrown out of the competition for having a ground unfit to host a match. What is the point of them being in competition if all they are concerned about is money making. If it means only a few Celtic fans get to see game, then so be it.

Thrown out? Nah.

I tend to agree with you. What's the point of letting them into the competition if they are immediately going to give up the main chance to win the tie ?

Teams should be made to stipulate what ground they are playing their ties at the very start of the competition.

Sporting competition should be more important than just trying to make a quick buck imo

Should they be fined as well?

The state our games in they should be allowed to make as much as they can by the SFA.

Whitehill moved their game with Celtic to Easter Road in the mid 90s. I'd imagine Lothian would have to do similar, with EK maybe using New Douglas Park if Motherwell at home.

As much as it would be good to keep the game at either's respective home ground, the numbers Celtic would take just don't make it practical or all that safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not really.

if they wanted the could use the enclosure and charge ?40 a ticket. personally if i was them and got thru to the next round id use that. if they want the money ect its murrayfield

Dr Ian Malcolm

Not really.

if they wanted the could use the enclosure and charge ?40 a ticket. personally if i was them and got thru to the next round id use that. if they want the money ect its murrayfield

A move won't be about Lothian Thistle making money, it's about being able to safely accommodate a much bigger crowd than their ground can realistically hold. ?40 a ticket for any Scottish Cup tie is a nonsense, never mind an East of Scotland club trying to charge it to get into Saughton. Celtic would laugh them out of any meeting.

Not a chance Saughton is equipped to host a game like that - qualifiers need permission to use their own grounds past round 4 - if Meadowbank didn't get it in the 80s then Saughton doesn't have a prayer.

Murrayfield can't be used that weekend due to Six Nations, and would be far too big anyway.

Say What Again

Not really.

They'd have to charge their own fans ?40 too, surely?

Not sure if be chuffed with that after paying a fiver in the pissing rain when they were playing Spartans. My reward for my team getting a plum tie? Nearly ten times the ticket price.

Cheers :(

LTHV - I'd take a guess they will play it at Spartans or perhaps Livingston if they want to make a few bob

Either of the non-league sides versus Celtic has all the romance of a night out in Bathgate with Subo.

Stephen Muddie

Either of the non-league sides versus Celtic has all the romance of a night out in Bathgate with Subo.

Beautiful. How romantic is a seven nil drubbing anyhow?

It's the footballing equivalent of a night out in Siglo, quick bite in Maccy D's and a hand job on the no.2

I tend to agree with you. What's the point of letting them into the competition if they are immediately going to give up the main chance to win the tie ?

Teams should be made to stipulate what ground they are playing their ties at the very start of the competition.

Sporting competition should be more important than just trying to make a quick buck imo

Quick buck , you for real ?

Whitehill moved their game with Celtic to Easter Road in the mid 90s. I'd imagine Lothian would have to do similar, with EK maybe using New Douglas Park if Motherwell at home.

As much as it would be good to keep the game at either's respective home ground, the numbers Celtic would take just don't make it practical or all that safe.

My brother played in that one, got a great photo on the Wall of him going straight through Paul  McStay.

Apart from a "typical" at the time of the draw and this thread, I haven't even thought about it.

Spoken to approx 20 people since the draw and no one has mentioned it.

Even the Celtic fan upstairs mentioned the Derby draw and said nothing about his team.

As usual, the BBC Two Cheeks obsession has resulted in more unadulterated guff.

I'm not going to be quick to write-off Killie. They've held Celtic to a draw twice this season (including coming back from behind twice in one of the games). You never know.

Bazzas right boot

The bigger issue is why do clubs prefer to give up the advantages of playing at home to make money.

The root causes are the sfa's fault and they should be held accountable for the state of the game and the fact that every club is scrambling for scraps.

Of course they should be able to move the game, the money will keep them going for years.

The sfa have destroyed the game up here, to the extent that even premier teams will give up home advantage to make money by selling out thier stadium to the of.

It's a shame, a little bit is lost, but needs must

Bazzas right boot

I'm not going to be quick to write-off Killie. They've held Celtic to a draw twice this season (including coming back from behind twice in one of the games). You never know.

Yip, be a tough game, if rangers score early then killie might be in trouble, however if killie can keep it tight I fancy them.

Drew with us twice as well after going behind. No mugs.

Kilmarnock have a history of rolling over for Rangers and have even bent over backwards to give them more tickets than their own supporters in their own stadium before.

I suspect it'll be more of the same this time around, although i'd love to be wrong.

Did Berwick not play Celtic at Tynie too?

(Leeds Unite)

Kilmarnock have a history of rolling over for Rangers and have even bent over backwards to give them more tickets than their own supporters in their own stadium before.

I suspect it'll be more of the same this time around, although i'd love to be wrong.

Was that not celtic? They gave them 3 stands and 1 stand for their own supporters.

If you have any spare cash get it on The Rangers - Locke will have his side beaten in the dressing room before KO. Sadly he is one of these football professionals that thinks the game needs The Rangers back in the top league. Would not surprise me to see them horsed by 3 or 4.

The Wrinkly Ninja

Apart from a "typical" at the time of the draw and this thread, I haven't even thought about it.

Spoken to approx 20 people since the draw and no one has mentioned it.

Even the Celtic fan upstairs mentioned the Derby draw and said nothing about his team.

As usual, the BBC Two Cheeks obsession has resulted in more unadulterated guff.

Celtic fan upstairs?

I was led to believe that godsajambo!

If you have any spare cash get it on The Rangers - Locke will have his side beaten in the dressing room before KO. Sadly he is one of these football professionals that thinks the game needs The Rangers back in the top league. Would not surprise me to see them horsed by 3 or 4.

Is that evidenced by fact?

• 2 weeks later...
Footballfirst

Good to see the SFA keeping up their fine record for excellent communication.

Hamilton has put a nice big spanner in the works re the venue for the EK v Celtic tie.

http://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/statement-east-kilbride-v-celtic/

It has recently been reported that we will be hosting the William Hill Scottish Cup 5th round fixture between East Kilbride and Celtic on Sunday 7th February.

We have a full programme of Academy, Youth and Community events already planned for that weekend and have no intention of altering our club programme and as a result will not be in a position to make New Douglas Park available to stage the tie

Footballfirst

........... and not to be outdone, the SPFL has upset St Johnstone re the League Cup semi final.

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=4036

St Johnstone FC has today received the following statement from the SPFL with regard to the ticketing for Saturday?s League Cup semi-final against Hibernian FC at Tynecastle.

?Following discussions with safety and security staff at Tynecastle Stadium and on the advice of Police Scotland, the SPFL has agreed that it will be unable to release tickets in Section N Upper of the Main Stand at Tynecastle Stadium to supporters of St Johnstone FC.

This advice has been provided for safety and security reasons and considers the available access and egress routes to and from Section N and the need to ensure segregation of supporters.

Rather than leave Section N Upper unused the tickets have now been released to Hibernian FC for sale to their supporters.?

St Johnstone FC fully understands and shares the disappointment this outcome will cause ticketless supporters and will provide a response in due course.

Sexton Hardcastle

You've got to seriously wonder what has to happen for there to be major changes at the top of the pile. It's been constant shite for a generation. Who can actually request people stand down? Apparently no one?

So the SFA choose Hamilton without consulting East Kilbride. We know this because EK said so and the SFA said we didn't need to, the rules allow us to do this.

Now we find out that they didn't even check if Hamilton was available for the game before ploughing on??

What a set of complete arseholes.

Why aren't the club's doing something about the utter incompetence in these organisations?

Also the cup game its quite apparent St Johnstone should have got one of the side stands at least.

Who decided that it was essentially a home game for Hibs?

i wish jj was my dad

I can't believe these clowns haven't been hounded out of the country yet.

Clubs have been kicked out of the cup because they haven't filed the correct paperwork but this shower seem absolutely untouchable . Unless of course they upset the bigots then the wrath of god comes down on them.

In what other industry in the universe has so many employees that are completely unaccountable for their sheer incompetence st their job? It baffles belief that no matter how many times these idiots screw up nothing gets done.

i wish jj was my dad

GFA will probably fine EK for making them look incompetent and apologise to Celtic for the inconvenience/

mahgrassyshoes

Why are they picking such small stadiums? EK have earned their day in the sun, why not give them a large stadium and let them rake it in. Set them up for life.

All that they are doing is creating a situation where demand will be far outstripped but supply.

If could make one football wish come true this season outside of Hearts it would be EK taking them to a replay at Celtic park. The money would go so far in helping the community and the club from the youngest kids right up.

Archived