'The tie that everyone's already talking about'

lauriesrank

East KIlbride or Hutchie V Celtic apparently...

I am not all that surprised, however, what utter total utter utter mince.

They should hang their respective heads in shame!

Was just saying that to the auld man. I smell a rat(boy)

SSN spent time talking to Brian Laudrop about the Celtic and Rangers ties, with no mention of the Edinburgh Derby. When they cut back to the studio the confused look on Kirsty Gallachers face said it all, with her father being a hobo she KNOWS what the tie of the round is.

I think that's fair enough - part of the excitement of the cup is really wee teams at home to big teams where something unexpected could happen.

William H. Bonney

I think that's fair enough - part of the excitement of the cup is really wee teams at home to big teams where something unexpected could happen.

The only unexpected thing that may happen at that tie is the Celtic fans might behave.

Diadora Van Basten

To be fair if you play for LTHV or East Kilbride this is probably the only chance you will ever get to be on the telly.

I quite like when top players have to play on atrocious pitches against fired up part timers. It's part of the romance of the cup.

How does that fit in with Rangers tie then?

Irrespective of that ask anyone who isnt a fan of either of those clubs and they'll say THE tie of the round is Hearts v HIbs, then prob the killie game. 

oh ah grantona

For East Kilbride and LTHV could set them up for life and if it was FA cup that Tie would be bigged up big time. What shouldnt be getting much airtime is Rangers v Killie a bog standard game in Scotland 

Guarenteed tv ties

Hearts v them - sky

Ek/lthv v smellic - sky

Rangers v killie - bbc

Despite the fact killie will lose 3-0 infrnt of 11k fans, bbc will be falling all over themselves to screen it.

Ideally.would prefer bbc to show our game. And ideally no repeats of the condescending intro sky gave the rangers v cowdenbeath game.

"Its the championship leaders v league 1 part timers cowdenbeath"

Embarresing no end.

Motherwell v Inverness (if they get through) would be a cracking tie for tv

cup holders not getting any due

A crowd of sub-3k would certainly show Scottish football in a great light!!!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Guarenteed tv ties

Hearts v them - sky

Ek/lthv v smellic - sky

Rangers v killie - bbc

Despite the fact killie will lose 3-0 infrnt of 11k fans, bbc will be falling all over themselves to screen it.

Ideally.would prefer bbc to show our game. And ideally no repeats of the condescending intro sky gave the rangers v cowdenbeath game.

Embarresing no end.

Reckon the BBC would give us another 5:30 kick off? :lol:

To be fair if you play for LTHV or East Kilbride this is probably the only chance you will ever get to be on the telly.

I quite like when top players have to play on atrocious pitches against fired up part timers. It's part of the romance of the cup.

I've played on a few in my time and you usually find that these clubs have well maintained pitches. Its not like they play on public parks as you describe.

I agree with your sentiment though. The pressure is all on the big club, romance of the cup etc.

Guarenteed tv ties

Hearts v them - sky

Ek/lthv v smellic - sky

Rangers v killie - bbc

Embarresing no end.

Rangers can barely beat Hibs and Falkirk. I'd back any SPFL team to beat them just now, even at Ibrox.

I've played on a few in my time and you usually find that these clubs have well maintained pitches. Its not like they play on public parks as you describe.

I agree with your sentiment though. The pressure is all on the big club, romance of the cup etc.

Assuming East Kilbride get through I can't see this tie going ahead at the K Park. I suspect they will go down the hill to Motherwell or maybe try and reverse it to Parkhead (can you do that?)

Reckon the BBC would give us another 5:30 kick off? :lol:

No chance Rugby kicks off at 5

Assuming East Kilbride get through I can't see this tie going ahead at the K Park. I suspect they will go down the hill to Motherwell or maybe try and reverse it to Parkhead (can you do that?)

Motherwell have a home draw it will be at Parkhead I would guess

possibly at hampden?

Living in EK I have followed EK a little bit and I actually said to my dad I wouldn't like to get them in the draw at their ground. Obviously they wouldn't match us for quality but they are a gutsy bunch and they fight for every ball. Assuming they get passed Hutchie they will give it every fibre of their being against Celtic.

Listening to their manager on the radio before the Hutchie match which was postponed the pride was bursting out of him. Couldn't be more up for it. I absolutely expect them to get through to face celtic.

Bazzas right boot

TBF, Hearts v Hibs games are quite common, That tie is a game changer for them, will set them up for years. It is quite a big deal.

Bazzas right boot

Rangers can barely beat Hibs and Falkirk. I'd back any SPFL team to beat them just now, even at Ibrox.

Been wrong before, but I reckon they'll take 3/4 of Kilmarnock, Killie will shite it and bend over.

Killie fans will be in a panic about what end to sit in.

Sky TV just want to be able to show some poor sod in the crowd getting scudded in the face by a Lidl bag full of human shite to be fair.

William H. Bonney

Sky TV just want to be able to show some poor sod in the crowd getting scudded in the face by a Lidl bag full of human shite to be fair.

I'd definitely stay at home to watch that.

Malinga the Swinga

possibly at hampden?

Whoever wins through to face Celtic should play the game at their own ground. Failure to do so should see them thrown out of the competition for having a ground unfit to host a match. What is the point of them being in competition if all they are concerned about is money making. If it means only a few Celtic fans get to see game, then so be it.

Whoever wins through to face Celtic should play the game at their own ground. Failure to do so should see them thrown out of the competition for having a ground unfit to host a match. What is the point of them being in competition if all they are concerned about is money making. If it means only a few Celtic fans get to see game, then so be it.

EK to play it at Hamilton, LTHV to play at Fester Road. Just putting it out there!

EK or LTHV would bee a romantic David v Goliath tie if it was played at the smaller clubs ground.

No chance that will be allowed due to safety concerns and the chance to get a few quid extra by switching to a bigger ground.

There is something in the back of my mind which tells me they are not allowed to reverse the fixture. Although I cant be certain about that just something I seem to remember being decided a few years ago.

I tend to agree with you. What's the point of letting them into the competition if they are immediately going to give up the main chance to win the tie ?

Teams should be made to stipulate what ground they are playing their ties at the very start of the competition.

Sporting competition should be more important than just trying to make a quick buck imo

Dr Ian Malcolm

Living in EK I have followed EK a little bit and I actually said to my dad I wouldn't like to get them in the draw at their ground. Obviously they wouldn't match us for quality but they are a gutsy bunch and they fight for every ball. Assuming they get passed Hutchie they will give it every fibre of their being against Celtic.

Listening to their manager on the radio before the Hutchie match which was postponed the pride was bursting out of him. Couldn't be more up for it. I absolutely expect them to get through to face celtic.

I wouldn't be so sure. I've seen a fair bit of them and they've lost and drawn to some pretty average Lowland League teams this season. Lothian THV are only still at East of Scotland level due to Saughton not meeting licensing criteria, and would at least be in a similar league position to EK if they were a level up. Ran runaway champions Edinburgh City very close recently. Can see a replay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dr Ian Malcolm

EK or LTHV would bee a romantic David v Goliath tie if it was played at the smaller clubs ground.

No chance that will be allowed due to safety concerns and the chance to get a few quid extra by switching to a bigger ground.

There is something in the back of my mind which tells me they are not allowed to reverse the fixture. Although I cant be certain about that just something I seem to remember being decided a few years ago.

Whitehill moved their game with Celtic to Easter Road in the mid 90s. I'd imagine Lothian would have to do similar, with EK maybe using New Douglas Park if Motherwell at home.

As much as it would be good to keep the game at either's respective home ground, the numbers Celtic would take just don't make it practical or all that safe.

Although us v Hibs is clearly the tie of the round, I agree with you in that this is the romantic tie of the round and basically what the Scottish Cup is all about :) 

(Leeds Unite)

Great result for hutchie if they get through and get a game on sky sports though.

Can't believe they've come so far, as much as I hated them at boyhood level it's great to see a wee team like that progress.

I wouldn't be so sure. I've seen a fair bit of them and they've lost and drawn to some pretty average Lowland League teams this season. Lothian THV are only still at East of Scotland level due to Saughton not meeting licensing criteria, and would at least be in a similar league position to EK if they were a level up. Ran runaway champions Edinburgh City very close recently. Can see a replay.

Their manager has admitted that the Scottish cup has decimated their league campaign. The distraction of playing against bigger clubs can be tough to shift.

for those saying they should be forced to play the game at home and not move it for the money. Moving it would provide the team with a few years worth of funding, For example exeter who nearly beat liverpool if they had won the tie in the first leg would have made enough money to cover approximately 1 months wages but the replay will give them enough money to cover a full years wages, for some smaller clubs who are struggling financially this can save them from going bust

Do you really think this? Really?!

I never agree with switching the away team to being the home team, but if, as here, a small club draw a massive one then moving it to a more appropriate setting is fine, no? And it isn't all about making money, it Is about safety, as well.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Their manager has admitted that the Scottish cup has decimated their league campaign. The distraction of playing against bigger clubs can be tough to shift.

Hmm - they were dropping points before their game with Stenhousemuir. They're a good side, but by no means a banker for this one.

lost in space

Ah, the romance of the cup........

Shows the script is written beforehand and they are incapable of relying on their knowledge of the game up here to discuss any of the draw. Piss poor really.

Whitehill moved their game with Celtic to Easter Road in the mid 90s. I'd imagine Lothian would have to do similar, with EK maybe using New Douglas Park if Motherwell at home.

As much as it would be good to keep the game at either's respective home ground, the numbers Celtic would take just don't make it practical or all that safe.

I see that East Kilbride are saying that they would want to play the tie (should they get through) at the K Park. A nice idea but it really is just a plastic surface inside a public country park. There is no internal barrier around the pitch and three sides of the park are simply mesh fence visible onto the rest of the park. It is only possible to view safely from one side of the pitch.

There is no proper road structure (over and above general country park users), limited car parking, a single entry gate with a chap collecting money, public toilets are inside the changing pavilion, etc, etc.

I love the romance but I think if EK do their sums the club could be set for years by heading a few miles down the road to New Douglas Park (or similar).

Say What Again

They should have said. I'd have let them in before me and the missus fell out tonight.

Motherwell v Inverness (if they get through) would be a cracking tie for tv

cup holders not getting any due

That has to be one if the dullest least appealing fixtures imaginable and illustrates why scottish footy needs to change in a league context...woeful cup fixture to boot...

letsalldothebeattie

I can understand the excitement around it as its either a Lowland or East of Scotland side against Scottish Champions but to basically ignore the tie of the round is just ridiculous.

Safe to say oor game will be on telly and likely the Sunday due to rugby at Murrayfield.

Celtic will of course get the compulsory cup game on tv. Seems stupid as it'll be so one sided.

We all know Rangers will get there game on the telly with around 1 thousand fans there again but I think the Dundee United v Partick game or even Pars or County v Linlithgow or Forfar would be much better viewing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can understand the excitement around it as its either a Lowland or East of Scotland side against Scottish Champions but to basically ignore the tie of the round is just ridiculous.

Safe to say oor game will be on telly and likely the Sunday due to rugby at Murrayfield.

Celtic will of course get the compulsory cup game on tv. Seems stupid as it'll be so one sided.

We all know Rangers will get there game on the telly with around 1 thousand fans there again but I think the Dundee United v Partick game or even Pars or County v Linlithgow or Forfar would be much better viewing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It IS the romance of the cup, though, and that is what it is all about. Yes, Celtic will most probably win by a fair bit, but surely we want to see different teams, different, romantic scenarios, rather than Motherwell v Inverness for the nth time?

As for Rangers being live, yes, it is very possible, but that is dictated by viewers, like it or not, the Old Firm are quite well supported in Scotland. And with Rangers apparently being on the "up" more of their fans will tune in.

There is something in the back of my mind which tells me they are not allowed to reverse the fixture. Although I cant be certain about that just something I seem to remember being decided a few years ago.

We got drawn against Meadowbank Thistle a while back, at Meadowbank and had to play the tie in Falkirk because the Police wouldn't let it go ahead at their home, we weren't allowed to play it at Tynie and H1b5 wouldn't let the game be played at the Neu Tramp.

Been wrong before, but I reckon they'll take 3/4 of Kilmarnock, Killie will shite it and bend over.

Absolutely this.

Archived