January Ins and Outs

Guess The Crowd

We sell a couple of good players now, folk will moan.

We don't sell and their contracts run out, folk will moan.

Indeed. Thankfully the directors will make the right call.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable...

We just drop first team players to let youngsters, who are clearly not even remotely ready, get a game.

Belive it or not, most of us wish to see our team win

You what mate?  

Who said anything about dropping players for the youngsters?

I said if players leave (sold), I'd prefer to see the young boys given more of a chance than sign new players.  

Hope that's easier to understand, mate. 

letsalldothebeattie

If the club is serious about moving the team forward, the following should be allowed to move on and could be easily replaced:

Hamilton

El-Hass

Oshaniwa

Pallardo

Reilly

Possibly keep

Bauben

Gomis

No way should we get rid of Hamilton, Pallardo or Reilly. Hamilton is our future no.1, Pallardo is our best central midfielder and Reilly is coming good and finding the net and as Neilson says will be a big part of the team over next couple years.

Cant argue with getting shot of Oshaniwa still yet to see what Neilson or Levein see in him. Gomis yeah I would be willing to see us lose him, Buaben I would keep though as he is a decent player to keep around

I'd like to see us sign players at the start of January as opposed to last minute deadline signings...

Think we will be looking to sign players on pre contracts. If Sow leaves in the summer, we already have a player coming in. Its about slowly building the squad from now on. Not ripping it to shreds twice a season! 

If the club is serious about moving the team forward, the following should be allowed to move on and could be easily replaced:

Hamilton

El-Hass

Oshaniwa

Pallardo

Reilly

Possibly keep

Bauben

Gomis

You want to keep Alexander a 37 year old but get rid of Hamilton who is Scotland most promising young keeper?

Also I suspect you have forgotten him but leaving Anderson off that list?

Letting Reilly go after recent displays? He's our in form striker whether people like him or not the boys on fire right now.

Oshiniwa easily replaced? Left back is one of the hardest places to find a competent player. Finding a decent full back on either side is very difficult. We need 1 as it is for cover so letting Oshiniwa go would actually be madness because we need 2 for that position while we only have 1 just now.

If any of our players move on in the Jan window, good luck to them - as long as its not to the Old Firm. 

Hearts players signing for either of them makes my blood boil, but Im pretty sure it also makes CL's blood boil as well, so it would need to be an exceptional offer for that to happen this time around.

We want to challenge the old firm, not improve them.

Wow this has become a little lively over the past couple of hours, couple of parties just finished?

upgotheheads

Hamilton

El-Hass

Oshaniwa

Pallardo

Reilly

Possibly keep

Bauben

Gomis

I think you might have got that list the wrong way round.

Do you think we need all of them?

Who would you like us to keep from this list?

Bauben

Gomis

Pallardo

Djoum

Walker

El Hass 

Swanson

Anderson

I think we have to many mediocre midfielders and the addition of Swanson was us looking for something extra in an attacking sense - but it hasn't really paid off.

Id happily get rid of at least 4 of that list and replace them with a midfielder that is a step above the decent (but not outstanding) quality we have.

El Hass might be considered a striker I suppose.

Swanson and Anderson were not on the list I was challenging and no-one would be upset if they left. El Hass was not on the list either and some of us seem to feel he needs to show what he has now or be moved on. Anyone who really believes we should get rid of Gomis, Buaben and Pallardo at this stage of the season is either under the influence or speaking as much sense as I do when farting.

Back to 2005

I'd be asking for a refund for our World Cup Star.

World Cup star. Were we not promised 2? It's a favourite of mine on vermin.net bingo.

Do you think we need all of them?

Who would you like us to keep from this list?

Bauben

Gomis

Pallardo

Djoum

Walker

El Hass 

Swanson

Anderson

I think we have to many mediocre midfielders and the addition of Swanson was us looking for something extra in an attacking sense - but it hasn't really paid off.

Id happily get rid of at least 4 of that list and replace them with a midfielder that is a step above the decent (but not outstanding) quality we have.

El Hass might be considered a striker I suppose.

Pallardo 

El Hass

Anderson

Swanson

Bring in two attacking midfielders instead please with a bit of pace and who at least appear interested in playing for the jersey.

kingantti1874

I'd like us to sign the keeper from Dundee.

unlikely due to the fee but he's a good Jambo as well.. We missed out on that one

I'd like us to sign the keeper from Dundee.

Seen him in Tesco the other day,surprisingly not that tall a guy,he is a big jambo tho.

The only players who should be allowed to go are fringe players such Anderson and Swanson, January isnt the time to get rid of multiple players, sign maybe one or two players (striker and a left back) and possibly look at some players that could come in on pre contract agreements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamboJohn1874

No way should we get rid of Hamilton, Pallardo or Reilly. Hamilton is our future no.1, Pallardo is our best central midfielder and Reilly is coming good and finding the net and as Neilson says will be a big part of the team over next couple years.

Cant argue with getting shot of Oshaniwa still yet to see what Neilson or Levein see in him. Gomis yeah I would be willing to see us lose him, Buaben I would keep though as he is a decent player to keep around

Hamilton has played a couple of times now in the first team and was simply awful. He also does not command an area and is a bit small for a goalkeeper.

Reilly is Hibs standard, nothing more and actually reminds me of Wayne Foster and is just as much of a headless chicken. I have been one of Pallardo's biggest advocates however I think he has been found out this year and has been found wanting for pace in every game.

We can do better than all of them.

Hamilton has played a couple of times now in the first team and was simply awful. He also does not command an area and is a bit small for a goalkeeper.

Reilly is Hibs standard, nothing more and actually reminds me of Wayne Foster and is just as much of a headless chicken. I have been one of Pallardo's biggest advocates however I think he has been found out this year and has been found wanting for pace in every game.

Hamilton is 6'3" and built like a WWE wrestler.

Reilly has been excellent since he came in for Juanma and has kept his place on merit.

If Pallardo was going to be "found out" it would have been in Spain against Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and co, not against the likes of Willo Flood, Josh McGennis, Murray Davidson and Billy McKay. Players have dips in form at various points due to personal issues, injuries and fitness. They do not just suddenly and miraculously become shite overnight.

Bazzas right boot

A left back that is proven at SPL level

If El Hass can deliver, we will be ok up front, if not another striker please.

A central midfielder.

Gomis/ Bauben are good squad players but if we want to move forward we need another midfielder that is better than what we have.

Think there is more to come from Reilly, Juanma, Djoum and Pallardo.

Swanson/ Anderson need to go to free up a wage, Swanson I think is decent but it is clear he is a bit part player.

Sow is a worry.

Not a complete overall but maybe 2 players this time that improve us, and then maybe another 2/3 in the summer.

A central midfielder.

Gomis/ Bauben are good squad players but if we want to move forward we need another midfielder that is better than what we have.

Swanson/ Anderson need to go to free up a wage, Swanson I think is decent but it is clear he is a bit part player.

Sow is a worry.

Not a complete overall but maybe 2 players this time that improve us, and then maybe another 2/3 in the summer.

Closest to what I think. Not sure about getting shot of Swanson just yet, but he hasn't had the impact or the game time I had hoped so far, so maybe he isn't in the plans.

upgotheheads

Deary me.

Reilly has been excellent since he came in for Juanma and has kept his place on merit.

If Pallardo was going to be "found out" it would have been in Spain against Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and co, not against the likes of Willo Flood, Josh McGennis, Murray Davidson and Billy McKay. Players have dips in form at various points due to personal issues, injuries and fitness. They do not just suddenly and miraculously become shite overnight.

yup

A central midfielder.

Sow is a worry.

Agreed.

gorgie rd eh11

:stuart:

Bowmans_Boot

The only players who should be allowed to go are fringe players such Anderson and Swanson, January isnt the time to get rid of multiple players, sign maybe one or two players (striker and a left back) and possibly look at some players that could come in on pre contract agreements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need a striker, yes, but as for the rest: no one will come in and sign Anderson (who we have been actively trying to get rid of for months) or Swanson because they haven't shown anything, and we will not sign a left back because the management team clearly believe in Oshaniwa. 

If I had one wish, it would be for us to manage to dig up a striker who could have the same impact in the second half of this season as Big Zee did last year.  Wishful thinking on my part, I know.

In terms of emptying players, only Anderson for me, and possibly Swanson if Robbie doesn't see him as being capable of doing the job for us he had hoped for.

I still harbour hopes that Juwon could yet come good for us, he has the ability, just needs to start showing some consistency.  If El Hass is fit again, then he has the second half of the season to grab any opportunity he is given to prove he's worth his place.  If neither of these guys show much in the second half of the season, then they would be on my 'get rid' list in the summer, but I would hold on to both for now.

If I had one wish, it would be for us to manage to dig up a striker who could have the same impact in the second half of this season as Big Zee did last year. Wishful thinking on my part, I know.

In terms of emptying players, only Anderson for me, and possibly Swanson if Robbie doesn't see him as being capable of doing the job for us he had hoped for.

I still harbour hopes that Juwon could yet come good for us, he has the ability, just needs to start showing some consistency. If El Hass is fit again, then he has the second half of the season to grab any opportunity he is given to prove he's worth his place. If neither of these guys show much in the second half of the season, then they would be on my 'get rid' list in the summer, but I would hold on to both for now.

This is where I am too.

Seen him in Tesco the other day,surprisingly not that tall a guy,he is a big jambo tho.

I still believe Jamie MacDonald I better.

Wee Neil or Macdonald though?

Neil. Even now. A much closer call than between Craig and Jamie though. :lol:

Your theory about Spain is a bit dubious. Do you know how many times he played against Real and Barca because those are the two teams you quote players names from? He may well have been the only player without pace in their midfield unlike at Hearts where none of the central midfield have any pace which is why we struggle because he is too much like what we have already.

We need another one if not two attacking mids with pace that can score goals, not easy to find but that is what we need other than a decent striker.

Neil. Even now. A much closer call than between Craig and Jamie though. :lol:

The post above was someone saying they'd take MacDonald over Bain the Dundee keeper was it not?

I think the Alexander-MacDonald one is tough to call, i think we could really benefit from a good solid keeper.

Bert Le Clos

Take what Neilson says with a pinch of salt. Last summer and the summer before we brought in players after he said business was done.

As for Sow, if we get offered anything decent which allows us to bring in someone if similar quality we take it.

No point keeping a player around who's pissed off because we denied him a move, or who's not trying a leg because he's worried an injury leaves him without a club come Augudt.

The post above was someone saying they'd take MacDonald over Bain the Dundee keeper was it not?

I think the Alexander-MacDonald one is tough to call, i think we could really benefit from a good solid keeper.

Shit! If so, sorry Bill! Got the wrong of the stick and my reply was dickish. Apologies.

Bert Le Clos

The fact Pallardo signed for a team in the Scottish Championship suggests he probably was found out in La Liga TBH.

The fact Pallardo signed for a team in the Scottish Championship suggests he probably was found out in La Liga TBH.

He was again regularly used in 2010?11, and Levante finally maintained its league status. On 17 June 2011 he finally cut ties with Getafe and signed a permanent three-year deal, for ?200.000.

Doesn't sound like he was "found out" tbh. Maybe he never came up against anyone as good as Willo Flood though. :D

Doesn't sound like he was "found out" tbh. Maybe he never came up against anyone as good as Willo Flood though. :D

To be honest, you wouldn't have thought so at Pittodrie, Pallardo has toiled this season since his return.

Cast No Shadow

The mutant Chernobyl child absolutely ragdolled Pie-ardo at Pittodrie.

It was embarrassing.

Pretty sure playing 81 minutes in a 1-1 draw against the 2011 La Liga Championship winners on the night they sealed the title was a doddle compared to Flood and co right enough. :lol:

Pretty sure playing 81 minutes in a 1-1 draw against the 2011 La Liga Championship winners on the night they sealed the title was a doddle compared to Flood and co right enough. :lol:

Aye he's played against a lot of good players in the past but you can't use that to excuse performances in the present.

Cast No Shadow

Our left back had a good game against Messi and co.

How do you explain that one, m8?

Aye he's played against a lot of good players in the past but you can't use that to excuse performances in the present.

A sensible point. My take on that though, is you do not just suddenly lose ability. A good player does not wake up one morning as a poor player unless he is injured, has personal issues affecting his mind set or he has fitness issues. That game I gave as an example was from five years ago, so a 30 y/o Pallardo probably is a bit slower than then, however, he proved last season and a couple of times this season that he has good performances in him. Taking all that in to account, I would say the more likely scenario is that something is affecting his performances just now, rather than he has been "found out", which would mean he has been shite all along and it somehow went unnoticed since he broke through the youth ranks at Valencia as a Spanish U21 international and proceeded to play in one of the top leagues in the world regularly. I know which I find the more likely scenario. Just like every other player who gets written off on here after a poor performance or two, despite proving their worth previously. Also to be perfectly frank, when the main poster trying to claim he is shite clearly wouldn't recognise a footballer if he was taking 30 yard pot shots at his face and hitting him each time, I begin to wonder why I even bother going to the effort to type out my reasons for disagreeing. Not you by the way, in case that wasn't obvious.

A sensible point. My take on that though, is you do not just suddenly lose ability. A good player does not wake up one morning as a poor player unless he is injured, has personal issues affecting his mind set or he has fitness issues. That gamehe sie as an example was from five years ago, so a 30 y/o Pallardo probably is a bit slower than then, however, he proved last season and a couple of times this season that he has good performances in him. Taking all that in to account, I would say the more likely scenario is that something is affecting his performances just now, rather than he has been "found out", which would mean he has been shite all along and it somehow went unnoticed since he broke through the youth ranks at Valencia as a Spanish U21 international and proceeded to play in one of the top leagues in the world regularly. I know which I find the more likely scenario. Just like every other player who gets written off on here after a poor performance or two, despite proving their worth previously. Also to be perfectly frank, when the main poster trying to claim he is shite clearly wouldn't recognise a footballer if he was taking 30 yard pot shots at his face and hitting him each time, I begin to wonder why I even bother going to the effort to type out my reasons for disagreeing. Not you by the way, in case that wasn't obvious.

No, that's a fair point, i wasn't saying Pallardo is or was shite, just struggling at the moment, he doesn't look fit to me just now, i don't know if I'm imagining it but he looks a good bit heavier than he was last season, hopefully it's just a case of him finding his feet again after his injury.

I'm disappointed Sow seems like he wants out! We take a chance on a player going nowhere and doing nothing special with his career. He is a guaranteed starter with us. He is loved by pretty much all Hearts fans. He is a standout player in this league, and he has a great chance of European football next season. Why would anyone want to leave that behind? Unless he is driven completely by money. Sow gives off the impression that he doesn't give a toss who he plays for, as long as the dosh is rolling in, and that will be why he wants a move away.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ideally, Anderson, El Hass and Swanson would all move on. I know El Hass has been injured but how long can we wait before giving up. Very much doubt there would be any takers mind you. Swanson cant seem to get fit and have an impact on the first team so would rather he tried his luck elsewhere.

Would like us to sign a left back to replace Oshaniwa in the first team and hopefully a striker who can get us 5-10 goals between now and the end of the season.

Again who was he playing alongside? They may have been the guys doing all the legwork and he did the tidying up. Totally different to the "hurly burly" of the Scottish game. In my opinion our game is too quick for a player with his lack of pace and quick thinking.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pallardo actually started the Pittodrie match very well. Unfortunately he had a very bad 5 minutes in the middle of the half that ended his involvement. Ironically it all started after his fine play saw him tripped by Shinnie who went unpunished. Fine margins

I'm disappointed Sow seems like he wants out! We take a chance on a player going nowhere and doing nothing special with his career. He is a guaranteed starter with us. He is loved by pretty much all Hearts fans. He is a standout player in this league, and he has a great chance of European football next season. Why would anyone want to leave that behind? Unless he is driven completely by money. Sow gives off the impression that he doesn't give a toss who he plays for, as long as the dosh is rolling in, and that will be why he wants a move away.

Me to but then that's football. Most players have a fairly short career and no doubt their agents keep reminding them of that fact and urging them to make as much as they can whilst they can.

Dr. Bapswent

That's football and it would be good to get used to that. We are the sort of club whereby these sorts of players will come through our doors on their journey to try and achieve bigger and better things. 

Its a shame we cant keep them, but if it means we get their services for a season or two, and they perform well, then we have benefited in some small way.

We are fans who want these players to feel the same way about the maroon jersey as we do - and realistically they are rarely going to.

So the reality is that success for us is about finding these quality player and being a good place to showcase themselves while we reap the rewards for the limited time they are with us.

I just hope we can unearth another as a replacement every couple of seasons.

Archived