Aberdeen Cup Dot Count

Mikey1874

I don't think the TV is big factor. In England cup attendances are falling away rapidly as well. I think it's partly the proportion of people who have season tickets. partly the diminishing status of cup tournaments. If nearly everyone has season tickets then when a cup game comes along its an extra expense and especially difficult for those on low incomes or with far to travel.

As an example I doubt if I will be there although i am a season ticket holder. Another ?100 on travel plus the ticket and another weekend away from my family (and missing the obligations as the sole driver to ferry my teenage kids around) is hard to justify. I'd like to be there but will probably miss it and aim for some of the league games(where I already have a ticket) instead.

Do you think the same apathy would be there if we make the final? I would say it is less to do with the diminishing status of the oldest national trophy in the world, and more to do with people being stingy and not wanting to spend any extra money.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scott herbertson

Do you think the same apathy would be there if we make the final? I would say it is less to do with the diminishing status of the oldest national trophy in the world, and more to do with people being stingy and not wanting to spend any extra money.

I'm sure it wouldn't be the same if it was a final - a trophy would be at stake therefore less people would be apathetic. The stingy (or skint people) would prioritise a cup final too. I did put status of the trophy at second  in my reasons because I think it is the season tickets for league games that is the main difference.I am pretty sure when I got my season tickets as a kid back in the 60's and early 70s that cup ties were included and if they were still then I would assume we would get a much bigger crowd.

Fxxx the SPFL

Season ticket holders should have had a discount on purchasing their seat, imo.

Hearts are obviously looking to make as much cash as possible they have reduced the prices to ?20 and ?10 remembering we have to split with the sheep. I think the ticket pricing isn't too bad but I can see from a parent with a couple of kids it could be expensive along with any travel costs. I don't think it's an easy task to get the pricing right but I would hope we can and should get a full house. As others have said a win tonight and at the weekend might boost sales.

The SFA did an outstanding job with this draw.  They clearly knew that Hearts and Aberdeen were the main threats to Celtic winning the trophy so what to do.  One option of course was to draw Celtic against one of them but there was a real threat that with Celtic being very ordinary, they would get beaten.  Plan B therefore was to draw them against each other so that 50% of the threat would be eliminated.  That represents clear-headed thinking to me and I congratulate them on the strategy.

What must drive them mad though is that a club like Clyde can toss their plan right out the window.

They have been offered a discount ?20/?10 is less than you would pay for an Aberdeen league match. Of course, non ST holders are offered the same discount too....

10.5k is actually a very healthy number of tickets sold at this stage considering it's only the 4th round of the Cup. No club gets great numbers in the early rounds of the Scottish Cups, even Quarter Finals and Semi Finals don't get the attendance numbers you would expect for the later rounds of the Cup.

I expect it to reach around 12.5-14k which will still be the second-highest attendance of the round, by quite some distance.

They have been offered a discount ?20/?10 is less than you would pay for an Aberdeen league match. Of course, non ST holders are offered the same discount too....

Hearts are obviously looking to make as much cash as possible they have reduced the prices to ?20 and ?10 remembering we have to split with the sheep. I think the ticket pricing isn't too bad but I can see from a parent with a couple of kids it could be expensive along with any travel costs. I don't think it's an easy task to get the pricing right but I would hope we can and should get a full house. As others have said a win tonight and at the weekend might boost sales.

I reckon season ticket holders should've got for ?15 and ?5. Then you'd see most season ticket seats go quickly, then open it up for non-season ticket holders at ?20 and ?10.

The price is pretty reasonable, I just see a lot of season ticket seats empty right now and find that strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't the two clubs have to agree on the pricing? Besides, are they allowed to charge non season ticket holders more for it?

I have my ticket but I know ST holders who wont fork out simply because they are tight ****s!

people still want the cup ties as part of the season ticket package, but times have moved on, bigger named player's / wages, so the old firm started the idea of cup top up's and we all followed suit and now the gates are poor, wait until the semi / final and all the no show's want a ticket, just support the club

It's more important than Wednesday nights game yet that's a seek out. Wtf is going on ffs

It's almost as if the Dundee United game is included in season tickets and the Aberdeen game isn't!

Bit of both imo.

Also there is some who just can't afford

the extra outlay after the expense of Xmas.

It's a shame that people are slagging of our fans though as all clubs large and small have difficulty selling out for Cup ties.

There is still plenty of time for folk to get tickets for this game. I haven't got round to getting my own ticket yet. I am sure there are plenty in that position as well.

If it's true that the total sold at the moment is 10000 then I will be surprised if the crowd on the day is less than 15000.

It's like a broken record....every time....!

How hard is it to understand.....people will scramble for a Cup Final ticket because...em....it's a Cup Final !

Can't see why people are getting upset as they will waltz into a Cup Final going by their posts !

Take it easy, guys, there will be a good crowd in for the sheep encounter !

oh ah grantona

Don't the two clubs have to agree on the pricing? Besides, are they allowed to charge non season ticket holders more for it?

I have my ticket but I know ST holders who wont fork out simply because they are tight ****s!

Correct Aberdeen have a say in prices and TBH its fair pricing 

2 positive results Tonight and at Killie will see other tickets snapped up 

We are actually in a bit of a slump but tonight we turn the corner 

It's almost as if the Dundee United game is included in season tickets and the Aberdeen game isn't!

Yes true but if you have a season ticket then it's all paid up. What's ?20 for a cracking game like this????????

Last night there were signs we can be a very decent side at this level...........really should have scored a few more .

This is our time to give the team the support it deserves in a competition we can certainly win.

Saturday at home with a 5.30pm kick off so lets dig deep for the ?20 or so required and back the team.

Of course there are always sacrifices after the festive season and money can be tight but if you can buy a ticket and back the team .

This could be a great match between 2 of the country's top 3 sides.

Disagree completely, however they should always get priority tickets.  Why should they pay less for the same seat as the chap next to him?  A season ticket is 19 home league games.  

scott herbertson

What's the latest dot count Clerry and gang?

Buy some more tickets and i'll do a count this evening

Disagree completely, however they should always get priority tickets. Why should they pay less for the same seat as the chap next to him? A season ticket is 19 home league games.

When you see the number of empty season ticket seats that going at the moment, I'd say it's not a terrible idea.

Or at least a cheaper phase to start.

Humiliation awaits us on and off the park for this one I'm affraid.

Dear me, did your mum eat all your rusks?

Is the ticket office open tomorrow?

Or is there any other way to order tickets before?

ticket office is open Sat 2 Jan 9am

I think the major factor here is cash. We've just had Christmas and all the expense that goes with it. Once people get paid at the end of the month ticket sales will pick up. Not everybody can afford to run out and buy tickets weeks in advance.

That's me ....just got paid yesterday and I will be going.

But let's not forget I've a direct debit for two season tickets and a debit for foh.

Not complaining it's just how it is.

That's me ....just got paid yesterday and I will be going.

But let's not forget I've a direct debit for two season tickets and a debit for foh.

Not complaining it's just how it is.

I think a lot of people fail to take that fact into account when criticising fans not buying tickets for Cup ties.

Mind you this particular tie should be worth the extra expense.

Thanks...

Where is the best place to sit in the Gorgie stand?

For me, if behind the goals I like to be at an angle to the pitch (so nearer the left or right corner) and middle row. Too low and the goals will obscure some of the action. The bulk of the middle upper seats are reserved for hospitality.

Jambo 4 Ever

For me, if behind the goals I like to be at an angle to the pitch (so nearer the left or right corner) and middle row. Too low and the goals will obscure some of the action. The bulk of the middle upper seats are reserved for hospitality.

So secton Y or W around row 15/16/17 would be decent?

scott herbertson

Thanks...

Where is the best place to sit in the Gorgie stand?

I haven't sat in that stand for years so not the best person to answer

So secton Y or W around row 15/16/17 would be decent?

W16/17 would be my choice. Get a view of the Wheatfield more, and high enough up the barrier over the stand exit tunnels won't be in your sight of view (though there's not really that many seats affected, only a handful nearby it lower down).

If you're collecting in person, you can ask to go inside and check the seats for yourself.

Still don't think it'll sell out tbh, but I think it'll get pretty close in the end after a late rush.

Our home cup crowds are terrible yet if we get to the final there will be plenty greeting about not having enough LPs.

Hearts could not give ST holders the chance to buy their own seat because there are ST holders in the Roseburn who couldn't buy theirs, which is why it was first come first served with no allocated seating.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hearts could not give ST holders the chance to buy their own seat because there are ST holders in the Roseburn who couldn't buy theirs, which is why it was first come first served with no allocated seating.

As it happens the uptake comfortably would have suited to allow long time season ticket holders their own seat. Hindsight a wonderful thing

What's the chance of a dot count on the 'Dot Count' thread?

Ps - I had a bash and got two sections through and gave up.

What's the chance of a dot count on the 'Dot Count' thread?

Ps - I had a bash and got two sections through and gave up.

Clerry needs to take control of his team.......allocate sections to individuals & he can give the final total.

If it helps, I will do the Roseburn Stand

Finished.......SOLD OUT.......over to Clerry & his team for the rest :toff:

scott herbertson

Clerry needs to take control of his team.......allocate sections to individuals & he can give the final total.

If it helps, I will do the Roseburn Stand

Finished.......SOLD OUT.......over to Clerry & his team for the rest :toff:

47 left in Section C and 40 left in Section D of the Wheatfield

I'm away for a lie down

3 more bought this morning and there were a few people in before and after me a week to go so should sell quite a few more

Archived