Aberdeen Cup Dot Count

Mikey1874

The sea of red that the Roseburn will be will give Aberdeen a big lift, no doubt. Fair play to them for bringing such numbers at the start of January, on a freezing cold day and when its on bbc.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rudeskaboyuk

I have lost count of How many times have Hearts taken massive away supports to scottish cup games only for the team to put in a terrible performance.

I think sometimes the big support might put extra pressue on the team.

I am hoping this will be the case for the Aberdeen fans today ! 

Bazzas right boot

Aberdeen were told they got 3,400.

(IveSeenTheShite kept bloody telling us)

Edit: 3,396 according to Wikipedia

He watches hibs as well?

Are people forgetting the horsing we gave them in 2006 when they brought 7000 to the game?

FarmerTweedy

The away end holds ~3,545 btw.

There are roughly that many dots on the plan, but all quotes of capacity are for lower than that.

No idea why that actually is!

There are roughly that many dots on the plan, but all quotes of capacity are for lower than that.

No idea why that actually is!

Think the Roseburn capacity was reduced about 5 years ago to around 3440 - can't remember exactly why.

Wish id got a different seat today. Looking at the count going to be lonely in my section.How many does each section hold.?

Think the Roseburn capacity was reduced about 5 years ago to around 3440 - can't remember exactly why.

2006 so we could lengthen the pitch

FarmerTweedy

The front row was removed, reducing the capacity by around 130 or so, but I think when it was built, the capacity was quoted as 3696, or something like that. As I said, the stadium plan on etickets does show about what CNS said (assuming section M has the same capacity as H, can't be sure is M isn't available to view).

heartsfc_fan

So 10,100 home fans. Not that bad.

Bet certain folk that missed it tonight were wishing they were there.

Atmosphere was decent from both sets of fans.

Geoff Kilpatrick

So where is cns now, girfuy :rofl:

He'll have his line ready. He said 13.5k and the crowd was near that.

Clue: Stop giving him the attention he so desperately needs.

Was the Gorgie half empty? Hard to judge when you're sitting in it. Main Stand and Wheatfield looked pleasingly full from where I was and I was surprised when they announced only 13,500.

heartsfc_fan

Was the Gorgie half empty? Hard to judge when you're sitting in it. Main Stand and Wheatfield looked pleasingly full from where I was and I was surprised when they announced only 13,500.

Must admit I thought it was over 14,000.

Wheatfield had a few empty seats at bottom end sections but was packed. Gorgie was perhaps 60-70% full. Couldn't tell about Main stand as I sit in section N but seemed busy enough where I was with some empty seats that would usually be full for league games.

Golden Vision

Certainly from our view in the Wheatfield quite a few empty seats in the lower Gorgie extremes. 80% I would hazard? Surprised by the official attendance figures tbh thought would be higher

Psychedelicropcircle

Looking from the main stand didn't seem like that many seats in the WF or gorgie.

Well done to all who were there live.. good atmosphere created and much of it from seeing our side on the front foot and dominating the match early.

To those who were not there you missed a cracking performance on and off the park.

PS I realise there were many various reasons for not being able to attend but it was a good cup tie atmosphere and the team gave their all.

PSS it took about 10 seconds for most to realise the game was over  :tiny:

Thought Police

I'd like to think the abusive calling out of s****bags got an extra thousand through the door

The front bits were fairly empty and the two upper end sections looked quite quiet too. Maybe 2k in the stand, so about 1500 empty seats. Looked a similar number of empty seats in the main stand too to me.

Looked more like 16000 from section n. Unless the main stand was half empty I'm sure Queen Ann must be cooking the books. ;)

Iveseenthelight... Hiya pal, hiya! How did you enjoy the game?! Ya sheepshagging roaster!!

As for CNS: I've just watched the game again having recorded it on sky+ but unfortunately for you I wasn't "embarrassed" by the crowd. In fact, I was quite proud of the Hearts support. Hope you weren't embarrassed, what with it being bigger than any crowd your club has ever produced for a BBC live fixture...

Bazzas right boot

I'm sure if we draw Hibs at home those attending today will get priority for a ticket.

Hope feckin not.

According to most hibs mean nothing, so why would we sell out?

I have a season ticket.

F u

Archived