Scott Wilson Centre Half Spotted at Tynie

JT Wooks

this could beat the mark mcghee fred:eek:

I hear it's a "done deal" with Wilson. He is our next signing. :)

Guest jackdaddy2008
Why should we go for a 31 year old defender from a First Division club when we could get a younger player who is a good prospect for the future?

Because nobody good wants to sign for us!

We are a joke of a club at the moment.

That might change if we actually get one of those things....... begins with an m? We used to have one, eh, Magenar? Wait thats not right, MANAGER!

Should/Could is not WILL.

If we start the season with the same defenders we ended last with, I will regret not signing SW for peanuts.

Also, I am pretty sure he is too good for Dunfermline, and if we are going to be as harsh to blame him for them finishing fifth in the first, then we should all tell Berra to get a grip as well eh?

Scott Wilson would be a harmless signing for the likely fee involved.

He is not our next Captain, and is a better partner for Berra than we have at the moment, 'in my opinon'.

Goodnight.

That might change if we actually get one of those things....... begins with an m? We used to have one, eh, Magenar? Wait thats not right, MANAGER!

If we start the season with the same defenders we ended last with, I will regret not signing SW for peanuts.

Also, I am pretty sure he is too good for Dunfermline, and if we are going to be as harsh to blame him for them finishing fifth in the first, then we should all tell Berra to get a grip as well eh?

He is not our next Captain, and is a better partner for Berra than we have at the moment, 'in my opinon'.

Goodnight.

If you think that no-one good would sign for us now then you are wrong. Even after Romanov sacked Burley we have managed to sign some good players. The truth is that they will sign for us if we offer them decent wages. Regardless of how poor we are at the moment, a lot of players from other SPL clubs would definitely sign for us.

I really don't understand how you use the argument of Wilson being a "harmless signing" as a reason for us to sign him. By your logic we may as well sign up all the first division players as they would not cost us much. I can't see what he'd offer to us and I'd rather give younger defenders like McGowan a chance.

I don't see him as a "harmless signing" either. I think it would do even more damage to our reputation if we signed a 31 year old from Dunfermline.

This is all assuming you are serious about this thread which I still find a little difficult to believe.

My mate spotted Scott Wilson of Dunfermline walking out of Tynecastle this avo with a couple of guys in suits then all 3 got in a mercedes and sped off!

Would be a good signing.

You are a wind up merchant. Looking at your posts you had none between February and May, then you come on with this pi!sh.

If you were not in jail, you must have been waving your flags outside Fester Road.

Horatio Caine

Yes, clearly a wind up thread.

Scott Wilson?

The only SW that should by at Tynie does the announcing.

Any other SW?

Pfft.

he's a rangers fan from granton.

As Tazio states, he was a Hibs fan. However, unlike Tazio I would say you were wrong on both counts. Scott would say he was from Wardie. ;)

I went to school with him, good player and a decent lad as far as I knew him. I think that a bottom six Premier League side would be his level.

Goodnight.

Had that opening statement not been used as Jim Jeffries greatest quality regularly this week by well known Hearts fans I would suggest a dockside smell comes from you. :) However, it is now common perception amongst Hearts fans that since we are rubbish, we should just go for anybody that is Scottish/local.

Guest jackdaddy2008

I think a few people just haven't read what I wrote.

To repeat -

"If we start the season with the same defenders we ended last with, I will regret not signing SW for peanuts."

Guest Proletarian

Just clearing a few things up folks.

Scott Wilson is murder on a football pitch, always has been since a bairn, always will be till he dies.

He only ever made it in football because grandad Tom helped to run Salvesen Boys Club and Royston Wardieburn Community Centre football teams, the two teams Scott (or Scotia as we was known as a lad) played for.

He doesn't come from Royston or Granton and doesn't hang about Javits, quite simply the youngsters there would take his trainers, expensive car and lovely tart of a wife (us older Royston Boys were in her years before him, ha ha) from him!

He came from East Pilton and went to Wardie Primary and Trinity secondary - to keep him away from us lesser humans attending Royston, Granton and Ainslie Park. Didn't help much - he's as thick as Gazza!

He was a Rangers fan (always a pleasure taking the legs away from him as he wore blue when we were young) and 'likes' the Hibs **** because most of his pals were Hobo retards.

Simply, Scott Wilson is an erse and no danger is he coming to Edinburgh's finest.

Guest JamboRobbo

Scott Wilson is murder on a football pitch, always has been since a bairn, always will be till he dies.

Should fit right in at Tynie then...Wilson and Zaliukas - dumb and dumber.

If we are signing anyone from Dunfermline we should take a chance on the other centre half Bamber. I watched him captaining the Ivory Coast in the Toulon Tournament last week and he was very impressive. Very strong and dominating and getting more confident on the ball. Would definetely improve alongside better players.

Yes you could, but you could not apply the same arguement to his time at Hearts.

Wilsons' career path after Rangers was 5 games at Portsmouth followed by 6 years of mediocrity at Dunfermline.

Pressley's career path after Rangers included becoming the most capped Hearts player EVER

There is nothing about this player to suggest that he could even be cover at centre half for Hearts.

I could maybe understand your enthusiasm for him if he'd spent the last six years at Aberdeen or Inverness or somewhere like that, but he's been at Dunfermline FFS

He's been playing in a bad team at Dunfermline for years AGREED but i reckon he'd do a job for us and would get him for peanuts! 7 Games at Portsmouth and 5 of which were MOM. harry Redknapp offered him a contract but for whatever reason turned it down! maybe for his dog! Your not a bad player if you can play 7 out of 5 games in the championship and offered a contract by the manager whojust won the F.A cup! i respect you have your own thoughts but even as cover he'd be a sensible shrewd signing!

So who would you take from Inverness then????

You are a wind up merchant. Looking at your posts you had none between February and May, then you come on with this pi!sh.

If you were not in jail, you must have been waving your flags outside Fester Road.

BLOW ME

He only ever made it in football because grandad Tom helped to run Salvesen Boys Club and Royston Wardieburn Community Centre football teams, the two teams Scott (or Scotia as we was known as a lad) played for.

He doesn't come from Royston or Granton and doesn't hang about Javits, quite simply the youngsters there would take his trainers, expensive car and lovely tart of a wife (us older Royston Boys were in her years before him, ha ha) from him!

He came from East Pilton and went to Wardie Primary and Trinity secondary - to keep him away from us lesser humans attending Royston, Granton and Ainslie Park. Didn't help much - he's as thick as Gazza!

He was a Rangers fan (always a pleasure taking the legs away from him as he wore blue when we were young) and 'likes' the Hibs **** because most of his pals were Hobo retards.

Simply, Scott Wilson is an erse and no danger is he coming to Edinburgh's finest.

Sounds like you are a bit obsessed by him and you obviously havent forgiven him for being a better player than you and back in the old days my friend!

Only a Game

So who would you take from Inverness then????

Either of their centre halfs. Couldnt even tell you who they are TBH, but whoever they are, they've recently been playing at a higher level that Scott Wilson

Toxteth O'Grady
If we are signing anyone from Dunfermline we should take a chance on the other centre half Bamber. I watched him captaining the Ivory Coast in the Toulon Tournament last week and he was very impressive. Very strong and dominating and getting more confident on the ball. Would definetely improve alongside better players.

I suggested Bamba after seeing him against the Hobos in the Cup last season when he completely negated the threat of Jones, but the suggestion was shot down in flames on the grounds that he was playing in the defence of a team that got relegated.

As you say he's a big strong lad who I reckon would do a job along side someone experienced.

Gigolo-Aunt

Not sure Rangers would have signed and played (in CL games as well) a player just because his grandad Tom opened a few doors for him.

Played against Scott Wilson when he played for Salvesen. Someone who was more physically developed than the majority of us were at a young age but he did stand out as a good player for his age group.

I suggested Bamba after seeing him against the Hobos in the Cup last season when he completely negated the threat of Jones, but the suggestion was shot down in flames on the grounds that he was playing in the defence of a team that got relegated.

As you say he's a big strong lad who I reckon would do a job along side someone experienced.

Definetely think he's getting better and the Ivory Coast are a country who are producing some top quality players.

he's a rangers fan from granton.

No he aint,he's a Hibby and if I remember correctly he was also a bit of a casual as well.

:lolpoint:

BLOW ME

Confirmed Hobo with an answer like that, Calton Hill after midnight for you.:movethatass:

Perhaps he was there changing his seat for next season.. :unsure:

I agree, he's past it now and not an improvement on what we have

Rumour has it that he's got your old seat :)

Some things cleared up but some things are still incorrect. Scott WAS a Hibs fan and only started wearing R@ng*rs stuff once attatched to the club (after turning down Tottenham) and adopted the "party line". Most of his mates were Hibs fans, and most of them were erses. Despite that, a few from "that crowd" were decent enough guys and Scott was one of them.

I know this as I was one of those younger Royston guys and "played" football with Scotia, as you rightly recall, from time to time at the Royston Wardieburn Community Centre or, when Ainslie closed and I too went to Trinity. :) He was a decent football player and far better than you give him credit for. He is NOT good enough for Hearts but he is a bottom six player as opposed to a First Division one IMO.

TheBigTeam
I'd play him alongside Berra. Has been man of match consistently since he has been at the pars and if i remeber right when he was at Portsmouth he was MOM 5 out of the 7 games he was down there! an issue over money was the reason he didnt sign for them!

Wilson and Berra.Comp to see who is the slowest.ffs

Either of their centre halfs. Couldnt even tell you who they are TBH, but whoever they are, they've recently been playing at a higher level that Scott Wilson

so if Aberdeen are interested would you take him if he signed for them?? you said in your previous quote if he was playing with Aberdeen or Inverness.

My mate spotted Scott Wilson of Dunfermline walking out of Tynecastle this avo with a couple of guys in suits then all 3 got in a mercedes and sped off!

Would be a good signing.

You been on the bevvy!?? Scott Wilson!? He made Gordan Petric look good! He's a Gloryhunter, anyone that supports either of the "biggot brothers" and comes from Edinburgh is a gloryhunter. If they are looking to sign this quality of player then i'll have made the right decision not to re-new my season ticket.

scott wilson a jambo hu neva new tht 1

Firstly: :laugh:

And secondly, its Scott Wilson the player, not Scott Wilson the announcer.

I think I translated that correctly.

Pete Seeger

Would be a good signing.[/QUOTE]

I'll crack the jokes mate.

Archived