Scott Wilson Centre Half Spotted at Tynie

JT Wooks

My mate spotted Scott Wilson of Dunfermline walking out of Tynecastle this avo with a couple of guys in suits then all 3 got in a mercedes and sped off!

Would be a good signing.

Only a Game
My mate spotted Scott Wilson of Dunfermline walking out of Tynecastle this avo with a couple of guys in suits then all 3 got in a mercedes and sped off!

Would be a good signing.

Who's place in the team would he take ?

(bearing in mind of course that he is 31 years old and unlikely to develop much further than he already has)

Ivan Drago

FWIW he was in corporate hospitality the season before the one just past and he was at a table near me. Dunno if that makes any difference but it may just be he has contacts/friends at Tynie?

Only a Game
FWIW he was in corporate hospitality the season before the one just past and he was at a table near me. Dunno if that makes any difference but it may just be he has contacts/friends at Tynie?

maybe he's a Jambo and was doing a bit of last minute renewing ?

I'd play him alongside Berra. Has been man of match consistently since he has been at the pars and if i remeber right when he was at Portsmouth he was MOM 5 out of the 7 games he was down there! an issue over money was the reason he didnt sign for them!

Guest jackdaddy2008
I'd play him alongside Berra.

By the F@*king way!

That would be a good signing, and hopefully will see Zaliukas put down or sold to Pedigree Chum.

Glad you have same opinion Jackdaddy! Cant be muc to prise him away from the Pars and would represent great value for money

Only a Game
I'd play him alongside Berra. Has been man of match consistently since he has been at the pars and if i remeber right when he was at Portsmouth he was MOM 5 out of the 7 games he was down there! an issue over money was the reason he didnt sign for them!

He'd get taken to the cleaners by even the most ordinary of SPL players (as he did the last time he played in the SPL)

We need someone as good as, if not better than Berra. Not some never has been never will be 2nd division journeyman

winston churchill
maybe he's a Jambo and was doing a bit of last minute renewing ?

he's a rangers fan from granton.

Played in champions league countless times, marked a certain Kluivert out of the game on his debut if i remember right! scottish cup and SPL winner

Yeh typical 2nd division players CV

Played in champions league countless times, marked a certain Kluivert out of the game on his debut if i remember right! scottish cup and SPL winner

He's pesh. Dunfy is his level . Never be a Hearts player.:hobofish:

davemclaren

Perhaps he was there changing his seat for next season.. :unsure:

I agree, he's past it now and not an improvement on what we have

Guest jackdaddy2008
He's pesh. Dunfy is his level . Never be a Hearts player.:hobofish:

But Karipidis and Zaliukas are better.

Only a Game
But Karipidis and Zaliukas are better.

Absolutely............10 times better..............neither of them are the answer but they are both miles better than Scott Wilson.

I cant believe Ive now posted twice on the subject of whether Scott Wilson is good enough for Hearts. Like there is any arguement about it.

Only a Game

All in the mid 90's (and Rangers won 3 points in the CL group stages that season losing twice to Ajax)

winston churchill
Correct on the 2nd point. way off on the first.

Hibs fan.

cheers taz,just had it confirmed.

i am also told, he still hangs around outside javits kebab house on west granton road with his pilton/granton chavy mates.

cheers taz,just had it confirmed.

i am also told, he still hangs around outside javits kebab house on west granton road with his pilton/granton chavy mates.

You're talking about a laddie who is so dumb he turned down a move to Germany arranged by Jorg Albert because his "dug" would have to go into quarantine.

Dunfermline is his level if he shows that lack of ambition.

Guest jackdaddy2008
Absolutely............10 times better..............neither of them are the answer but they are both miles better than Scott Wilson.

I cant believe Ive now posted twice on the subject of whether Scott Wilson is good enough for Hearts. Like there is any arguement about it.

Couldn't disagree more.

I would rather have a new Pressley (one who didn't betray the fans), but its not gonna happen, lets face it.

I think Berra and the whole defence would play better with Scott Wilson in it, than it currently does/has.

Karipidis and Zaliukas are murder. You have obviously just got used to them and Hearts having them as defenders as ok. Compared to every central defence we have had for at least 15 years, (apart from temp blips) they are the weakest, and shouldn't partner Berra.

I think Berra and the whole defence would play better with Scott Wilson in it, than it currently does/has.

Karipidis murder.

Do you watch much football?

I'm not so sure.

winston churchill
You're talking about a laddie who is so dumb he turned down a move to Germany arranged by Jorg Albert because his "dug" would have to go into quarantine.

i bet the "dugs" got javits on speed dial, on it's mobile phone.

Guest jackdaddy2008

Learning German and leaving his home obviously had nothing to do with it.

Pressley was dense, but loads of fans worship him, even though he is a traitor.

We signed Pressley from a very bad Dundee United side after he had failed to succeed in England.

I think Wilson for a season would be a fine bit of squad business, even if just as cover. We would get him cheap.

Only a Game
Couldn't disagree more.

I would rather have a new Pressley (one who didn't betray the fans), but its not gonna happen, lets face it.

Karipidis and Zaliukas are murder. You have obviously just got used to them and Hearts having them as defenders as ok. Compared to every central defence we have had for at least 15 years, (apart from temp blips) they are the weakest, and shouldn't partner Berra.

Well I think we are both agreed on the single item that we need a new centre half. But to improve the team we'd have to be looking at people like Russell Anderson or the laddie Reynolds at Motherwell. Not some 31 year old who failed at Rangers almost 8 years ago and wouldnt get a game for any of the other teams in next seasons SPL, far less Hearts. In fact I'd rather have the old Pressley (Hearts legend) than Scott Wilson.

Guest jackdaddy2008
Do you watch much football?

I'm not so sure.

So Karipidis is a player then?

Our defence was good last season was it? I don't mean average or suffice, I mean good?

We signed Pressley from a very bad Dundee United side after he had failed to succeed in England.

I think Wilson for a season would be a fine bit of squad business, even if just as cover. We would get him cheap.

Pressley is many things, dense isn't one of them.

To compare him and Wilson makes no sense. And everyone apart from Scott Wilson knows it.

Our defence was good last season was it? I don't mean average or suffice, I mean good?

Karipidis is a player. And will become more of a player as he gets more games in Scotland.

And our defence last season was a whole lot better than people think, it was a new unit replacing several years of exceptional ones.

Only a Game

The question raised was not whether our central defence is good bad or indifferent. The question raised here is would Scott Wilson improve it. The answer is a no brainer.

Guest jackdaddy2008
But to improve the team we'd have to be looking at Russell Anderson or the laddie Reynolds at Motherwell. Not some 31 year old who failed at Rangers almost 8 years ago and wouldnt get a game for any of the other teams in next seasons SPL, far less Hearts. In fact I'd rather have the old Pressley (Hearts legend) than Scott Wilson.

I agree, it would be better to have Anderson, not sure about Reynolds.

You could argue Pressley failed at Rangers!

They sold him, he failed down south, joined Dundee United did ok, moved to us, was scrutinised for at least 6 months but he proved himself.

To repeat - "I think Wilson for a season would be a fine bit of squad business, even if just as cover. We would get him cheap."

winston churchill

i am not pressleys biggest fan after the chest thumping,but to call him dense is utter nonsense.

i have always found him,soft spoken and very articulate.

Guest jackdaddy2008
Karipidis is a player. And will become more of a player as he gets more games in Scotland.

And our defence last season was a whole lot better than people think, it was a new unit replacing several years of exceptional ones.

You are joking - Petric was better than Karipidis! The big Greek disnae even know what he is!

I am sure you didn't mean it, and I am not trying to get at you, but your last sentence sounds delusional and contradicts itself.

winston churchill

i still think tall was a better player than karipidis,granted he cost us an arm and a leg.

Guest jackdaddy2008

i have always found him,soft spoken and very articulate.

So is Michael Jackson.

your last sentence sounds delusional and contradicts itself.

How exactly?

We have had exceptional central defensive partnerships for many years.

Would you care to name some bad ones? Petric aside, who you seems to find better than Karapidis which instantly makes your opinion seem ridiculous.

Only a Game

You could argue Pressley failed at Rangers!

Yes you could, but you could not apply the same arguement to his time at Hearts.

Wilsons' career path after Rangers was 5 games at Portsmouth followed by 6 years of mediocrity at Dunfermline.

Pressley's career path after Rangers included becoming the most capped Hearts player EVER

There is nothing about this player to suggest that he could even be cover at centre half for Hearts.

I could maybe understand your enthusiasm for him if he'd spent the last six years at Aberdeen or Inverness or somewhere like that, but he's been at Dunfermline FFS

rudi must stay
Pressley is many things, dense isn't one of them.

To compare him and Wilson makes no sense. And everyone apart from Scott Wilson knows it.

makes a bit of sense imo. He's nowhere as good but Wilson could definatly be a captain for us

winston churchill
makes a bit of sense imo. He's nowhere as good but Wilson could definatly be a captain for us

:hobofish:

rudi must stay
:hobofish:

i no it sounds daft but he's alot more experienced than Berra and he's Scottish, didn't we say we'd always have a Scottish captain as well

he's alot more experienced than Berra and he's Scottish

As are many players in the lower divisions.

Only a Game

This nonsense is getting far more posts than it deserves and this will be my last one on this thread.

Un Bee Feckin Leavable

winston churchill
i no it sounds daft but he's alot more experienced than Berra and he's Scottish, didn't we say we'd always have a Scottish captain as well

settle rudi.

calum elliot is a better centre forward ,than wilson is a centre half.

winston churchill
This nonsense is getting far more posts than it deserves and this will be my last one on this thread.

Un Bee Feckin Leavable

good night johnboy.

rudi must stay
As are many players in the lower divisions.

true, Wilson played in the SPL for a while though and he's a few years older than Berra too.

true, Wilson played in the SPL for a while though and he's a few years older than Berra too.

So's Andy Millen

Guest jackdaddy2008

Nah, Captain? Steady, I liked the idea for 2 reasons -

Cheap experience to partner Berra without stepping on his toes.

Decent cover if we do actually get our proper Berra partner, and as a bonus would get rid of Zaliukas, and maybe open up the right back slot for Karipidis to try?

I am not saying he is the answer to our problems, but he is a good signing in my opinion, the Hibs fan thing doesn't worry me.

rudi must stay
So's Andy Millen

aye he ain't a defender though. i don't think Wilson should be captain btw i just think if we signed him he could be captain ahead of Berra, which is why the guy was comparing him to Pressley before

Some threads on here are hard to believe. Why should we go for a 31 year old defender from a First Division club when we could get a younger player who is a good prospect for the future?

I would take an older defender if they have been playing consistently at a good level and could improve our team for a couple of years. I would not take a Dunfermline defender who has just helped his side to 5th place in the First Division.

Guest jackdaddy2008
How exactly?

"And our defence last season was a whole lot better than people think"

Sounds like you are acknowledging people think our defence was poor, but they are wrong because you think so. Delusional was a bit strong though.

Archived