***Official Xmas 2015 thread***

iantjambo

That time of year is upon us once again and I'm excited as always, I feckin love Christmas l.

What's your plans this year? How long you got off work (If it's more than a week then bite me :jjyay: ) and all that stuff.

Oh and the haters can do one :verysmug:

I like Xmas too.

I'm off from the 18th but back on the 29th. Also on call on Hogmanay.

Not bothered about that as loads of amateurs out that night.

scottish_chicP

Finish at 2 on Christmas Eve until 5 Jan.

We go to a local restaurant for Christmas dinner. 5 courses and the food is tremendous. Can't wait!

Say What Again

How long you got off work

Two days. After I had to cancel my own leave, because someone handed in their notice, left a month later, and the company hasn't replaced them in time.

For the second year running!

:furious3:

Two days. After I had to cancel my own leave, because someone handed in their notice, left a month later, and the company hasn't replaced them in time.

For the second year running!

:furious3:

That's a bit shit mate.

I've scored quite well this year as I'm only working 3 days between the 24th and the 7th (Christmas Eve,31st and the 3rd).

I love Christmas.

The elfs do all the work throughout the year but, on Christmas Eve, I do the rest.

Hope you've all been good this year.

Love, Santa.

Finish 6am on xmas eve back to work on the 28th. finish up 31st and back in on the 3rd. Decent this year with xmas day falling on the friday.

xmas day dinner at restaruant with the family table of 12. Boxing day dinner at the mothers were drink a plenty will consumed. 27th the mhanks at home. really looking forward to the 3 days. eerything else about xmas can do one.

Done at 11pm on Xmas eve, back in on the 28th, until the 31St, then off until the 5th.

Not a Xmas man, hate it tbh.

chester copperpot

Finish up on Thursday 17th December until Tues 5th January.

:pleasing:

However as I'm self employed, not much in the way of income coming in

:sad:

Hannibal Lecter

Finish work mid afternoon on Christmas Eve then that's me off until the 5th January. Off to my in laws for Christmas down south straight from work on Christmas Ever & back up the road on Boxing Day.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Finish up on Christmas Eve, back in on the 29th for a day then not back until the 5th of January.  Expecting to be asked to go in on the 4th though.

Christmas at home with the parents then going up to Perth for a house party on Hogmanay.  Should be good.

Finish up xmas eve half day. Back 29th till half day Hogmanay.

Drink wise this year will mainly be Golden Rum(s) and home made cider.

Perfect.

Салатные палочки

Finish the 24th until 5th. Looking forward to Christmas and the in between bit. Hate hogmany so glad im doing a gig with the pipe band that night, then i can enjoy ma steak pie and a good bevy on New Years Day.

maroonlegions

Kids still at that age that keeps alive their wonder and excitement in which i love.

Have four days off work, going out for lunch on xmas day with family, it's going to be great cant wait.

Seen this below and was thinking if the Mrs would like it . lol;

12308758_1655796408003286_31382243169479

Carl Fredrickson

Off from 23rd December until 6th January. 

All presents bought and wrapped. Lots of festive activities lined up including next weekend in York.

Christmas day will be at home with our 2 kids and both grandmothers. 

Really like the festive season.  :smiliz19:

Carl Weathers

I love the holidays and the inevitable boozing.

I'm not religious though, so can't get too excited about the actual day anymore.

Off for a full two weeks but only using 2.5 days of my annual leave :pleasing:

Love this time of year, frequent days out with mates, feast on Christmas day and most importantly the first that the wee one will properly understand what's going on.

• 2 weeks later...
Carl Fredrickson

Sitting watching Arthur Christmas with my 5 year old and it is so crap that it is good. 

All present bought and wrapped, did the Edinburgh Christmas on Friday - went to see Stickman which the whole family enjoyed.

Only a couple of half days at work to go.

Seeing Funbox (the Phoenix of the Singing Kettle) on Christmas eve. 

Its an exciting time for the kids and once the mother in law buggers off home on Christmas day, I can relax and enjoy it too! 

Ho ho ho 

Captain America

Finish work lunch time 23rd.

Off to see Santa and a pantomime with wife and daughter on Xmas eve.

Xmas dinner at my mums.

Boxing day with in-laws.

27th Football then my dads for dinner.

One day relaxing on 28th then back to work.

Rodger Mellie

Christmas day off for me  then back to work. The joys of working in the US! How I long for the days of 32 days AL back in my old job!!

Better call Saul

Sick fed up with shite Christmas chat !

Are you all set for xmas ?

Are you having anyone round for xmas ?

Have a nice xmas !

then then opp after xmas

Did you have nice xmas !

was santa good to you etc etc etc etc blah blah blah zzzzzzz

and don't get me started on new year chat

:raging:

Have a nice xmas !

then then opp after xmas

Did you have nice xmas !

You didn't get the must have toy did you? :(

I feel your pain, I asked Santa for Hungry Hippos one year and didn't get it.

:P

Kids still at that age that keeps alive their wonder and excitement in which i love.

Have four days off work, going out for lunch on xmas day with family, it's going to be great cant wait.

Seen this below and was thinking if the Mrs would like it . lol;

12308758_1655796408003286_31382243169479

Where can you get that hoodie?

Off 24th and back on 30th

or so I thought due to more of our staff are pissing off to the MOD I'm now off from 23rd -28th which means I have to rearrange my plans which has peeved the misses off because it has upset her plans for us.

after the city game tonight il be off work until boxing day dont know what to do with myself will prob go full degen and donk off some cash on jokerstars

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Finish on the 23rd at 5pm and off to Zakopane in Poland on Xmas eve. Christmas Day in Poland then my mates wedding on Boxing Day in Zakopane. Really looking forward to it as I love a good wedding and never been to Poland! Plus I get to wear my new kilt from 21st Century Kilts.

Back here on the 29th then a few days recovery before hitting the vodka I'll have brought back. 

Back to work on the 4th!!

Day one of the holiday, a chilled day spent with the wee one. We watched a film, went our for lunch and napped on the couch. Few beers later on once she's in bed.

Great start.

scottish_chicP

I'm most excited about time off and going out for the amazing food on Fri than anything else!

Finished work on December 10th 2010 and still off, my 3rd Turkish Christmas in 5 years, not the same though....yes they have Santa/trees/decorations out just now but its for New Year and Santa is used for that. Despite having Film on and seeing all the ads there is no build up like back home so you have to make the most of it yourself. Could be worse I could be employed. 

Daydream Believer

Finish on the 23rd at 5pm and off to Zakopane in Poland on Xmas eve. Christmas Day in Poland then my mates wedding on Boxing Day in Zakopane. Really looking forward to it as I love a good wedding and never been to Poland! Plus I get to wear my new kilt from 21st Century Kilts.

Back here on the 29th then a few days recovery before hitting the vodka I'll have brought back. 

Back to work on the 4th!!

Zakopane is my favourite place in Poland (in Europe in fact) and it's best in winter so I hope you have a great time. The Poles really know how to do a wedding too so be ready to drink your body weight in vodka!

I'm finishing on 23rd, at my girlfriends mums on Christmas eve for the full Polish 12 course job. My mums on Christmas day for turkey and have tickets for Madchester on the 26th but will bin that if I'm needing a rest. Watching the game on the 27th with a bunch of mates from down south that I haven't seen for a while. Will sort out hogmanay nearer the time and off till the 5th. Love this time of year.

Cannae stand it. Religous claptrap and commercial robbery.

This times 100. Absolutely loathe the whole shebang for these and a multitude of other reasons. Utter, utter bollocks. Can't wait until it's over.

Have a nice xmas !

then then opp after xmas

Did you have nice xmas !

This too ;)

Archived