Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

Lambert Simnel

Anyone got any experience of using ParsTV? Is it worth it for the £12? (And I realise our performance probably won't justify the money, but that's a different issue...)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• neonjambo

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TypoonJambo
Just now, Lambert Simnel said:

Anyone got any experience of using ParsTV? Is it worth it for the £12? (And I realise our performance probably won't justify the money, but that's a different issue...)

I'm not giving those slimy toads a penny. However,it's personal choice,and im not being judgemental. I'll take great delight in nicking a free stream.

letsmakesomenoise
On 27/03/2021 at 14:31, wattie exploited said:

is any one having the following problem just a black screen with a red dot bottom left of the screen  when you click on the play button for the game 

it works on my computer but not on the tv any advice would be appreciated ****ing hearts shit tv !!!!!!!!!!!! 

Yes that is exactly what I am getting, brand new Bravia TV which has worked perfectly all season until they “upgraded” the player about two games ago.  

Thankfully I can get it to work on my iPad fine, and can cast it to the tv so can get a picture but it all seems a bit convoluted.  As someone else said, the first success criteria for an upgrade is that it improves peoples viewing experience.  This hasn’t, its shit. We are paying good money for nothing now.

wattie exploited
5 hours ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

Yes that is exactly what I am getting, brand new Bravia TV which has worked perfectly all season until they “upgraded” the player about two games ago.  

Thankfully I can get it to work on my iPad fine, and can cast it to the tv so can get a picture but it all seems a bit convoluted.  As someone else said, the first success criteria for an upgrade is that it improves peoples viewing experience.  This hasn’t, its shit. We are paying good money for nothing now.

same problem here its a bit off a joke a lot off money paid for a blank ****ing screen :rifle:

been here before

Only 2 more games though and we'll never have to bother ourselves with the 24 carat horseshit that is Hearts TV again.

DesertDawg
7 hours ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

There are known issues with the browser that Sony uses in their Bravia models and streaming video so you would be best to, if you can, switch to another browser.  A statement from Hearts TV re tested browser compatibility would be useful though.   

Forever Hearts

Good to know it's not just Hearts TV that is absolutely crap. Pars TV is just as bad. 

letsmakesomenoise
33 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Good to know it's not just Hearts TV that is absolutely crap. Pars TV is just as bad. 

The whole dunfermline goal area is in the shade, you cant see whats going on.  Doesn’t really matter though, the JTees have been nowhere near it!

letsmakesomenoise
3 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

There are known issues with the browser that Sony uses in their Bravia models and streaming video so you would be best to, if you can, switch to another browser.  A statement from Hearts TV re tested browser compatibility would be useful though.   

That’s all very well, but everything was working FINE until Hearts techie gurus decided to change everything.  So, whilst I’m all for progress the very least they can do is make sure that what used to work still works!  I was the test manager for a large multinational, and believe me if I’d upgraded software without making sure that the thing still worked for existing users - regression testing - i would have had my jotters faster than Berra hoofing the ball forward in the vague direction of Boycie!

DesertDawg
54 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

That’s all very well, but everything was working FINE until Hearts techie gurus decided to change everything.  So, whilst I’m all for progress the very least they can do is make sure that what used to work still works!  I was the test manager for a large multinational, and believe me if I’d upgraded software without making sure that the thing still worked for existing users - regression testing - i would have had my jotters faster than Berra hoofing the ball forward in the vague direction of Boycie!

While I agree with you in principle, there are just too many custom TV browsers out there these days to make it economic for a small operation. Have you contacted Hearts TV support?

You could also try installing Google Chrome on your TV.  

jessnkona

I sent an email to the contacts address and the response was poor so I sent another just asking if any future games were being broadcast and mentioned that I realised that away games were under the control of the home club but a note informing subscribers of exactly what was available and what was not would be appreciated but got no response at all.

DesertDawg

Nothing new there as we've never been able to get a proper schedule.  However, Laurie Dunsmore did mention in a post earlier in this thread, that the basic plan is to stream every home game and, where possible, get video or audio from away games.

It's not satisfactory but much of the problem here is, not surprisingly, with the SPFL.  There should have been a standard set for TV streaming of this season's matches with no fans in attendance.