Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, 1874 said:

Anyone else finding the picture a bit jumpy ???

Aye, very bad for me.  Rebooted the PC just in case, and tried the different links, but they are all bad.

1 minute ago, 1874 said:

Anyone else finding the picture a bit jumpy ???

Yes, very jerky. Thought it was my setup but maybe not. Always been okay before. 

Hmm I'm not getting anything at all:

image.png.ede428ad3d8382590875c3b72d33c0d5.png

Just blank where the picture should be.

Another shocker in store...

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

That’s just our performance 😂

😃 Aye, it might not be a bad thing that I can't watch it.😃

I'm new to Hearts TV this season.

I have to say that the standard of the commentary, including Jimmy Sandison's contribution, is absolutely excellent.

The commentator focuses on picking out who's on the ball. JS makes quite pithy comments, but the focus is always on describing the play and picking out the details behind key incidents. Obviously, it's a Hearts' perspective but they are quite ready to mention decisions that the opposition should have got.

Much better than the rubbish we get on the TV.

Great stuff. I had no idea it would be so good.

But I'm looking forward to the view from my own seat again.

The White Cockade

Picture better second half 

Yes far prefer our commentators to any tv ones

obviously support Hearts but not afraid to be honest and unbiased about decisions / performances 

Alloa and Raith were decent too but Dundee boys are ridiculously biased and pathetic really

When I first logged on today at 2:40 the picture was not good. Kind of stuttered. Logged out and back in and it was fine.

Surprised by some of the comments about the commentary. I think Laurie does a great job with Jimmy pitching in. For me, my season ticket is to see the game each week and I have so thumbs up and that is THE important bit. Improvement wise being picky maybe before and after pitchside interviews would be good. Half-time is for getting more beer and crisps and a debate with your mates on the smartphone.

No disrespect to Laurie and/or JimmyI who I quite like but what fans get for what is a lot of money (approx £35.00 in my case) is very poor! Picture is no more than OK and the ‘production’ with replays, bad camera shots etc is absolutely dreadful. At one point yesterday we watched a replay of a non-event whilst the ball in real time had clearly travelled into our own danger area, think it is embarrassing that a club our size offer fans here and internationally such poor coverage. 

CornhillHearts
1 hour ago, Laurie said:

Should have this in place for the next home game 👍

Thanks Laurie, 

Hopefully improve on the frustration noted above and in turn make your job a wee bit easier. 

On 27/01/2021 at 07:51, CornhillHearts said:

@laurie

One of the best things about the raith TV footage was their screen in screen replays.

I know it's not your area but any chance you could put forward a  request for this style for replays?

Currently our one shows a replay on screen, (sometimes the full screen banner appears randomly) when the match is going on. 

👍

7 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

No disrespect to Laurie and/or JimmyI who I quite like but what fans get for what is a lot of money (approx £35.00 in my case) is very poor! Picture is no more than OK and the ‘production’ with replays, bad camera shots etc is absolutely dreadful. At one point yesterday we watched a replay of a non-event whilst the ball in real time had clearly travelled into our own danger area, think it is embarrassing that a club our size offer fans here and internationally such poor coverage. 

Agreed, I came on to post similar. The replays are really intrusive particularly when the game is going on. Watching Gnanduillet doing a warm up whilst there's action going on drives me nuts! The Raith Rovers picture in picture replays were a great solution. Otherwise it's a big thumbs up for me, I enjoy the commentary which is a Hearts perspective but not just through maroon specs, picture quality is decent and, for me, pretty reliable, I've enjoyed the match build ups and whatever is thrown in at half time as I usually log on from early pre match. Sort the replays, don't mess around with too many camera angles, jobs a good un 👍

After the nonsense of not getting the Raith Rovers game on streaming video from Kirkcaldy last week, despite it being live on Raith TV, it appears that we are getting tomorrow's game at Ayr.  I suppose that this is because of the concurrent live TV broadcast?

2 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

After the nonsense of not getting the Raith Rovers game on streaming video from Kirkcaldy last week, despite it being live on Raith TV, it appears that we are getting tomorrow's game at Ayr.  I suppose that this is because of the concurrent live TV broadcast?

Its always the same if being shown by external broadcasters 

2 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Evening DD, we can get a feed from the BBC for away games they show but not from club's doing their own coverage (same as we don't offer ours to the opposition clubs at Tynecastle).

We'll be on air early with build-up tomorrow, from 19.15 with Rob Borthwick (A View from The Terrace) joining me for commentary. 

Thanks for the update Laurie but that still leaves the question for non-terrestrial broadcast games, "Why not?"

10 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Thanks for the update Laurie but that still leaves the question for non-terrestrial broadcast games, "Why not?"

I think we do get it live if its on non terrestrial,ie sky or BT

12 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Because the clubs want to charge £xx per customer per game and therefore won’t share it with Hearts on the pre-covid basis. PPV is the main match day income at present. 

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Because the clubs want to charge £xx per customer per game and therefore won’t share it with Hearts on the pre-covid basis. PPV is the main match day income at present. 

This is true. In terms of away games generally, it's generally a facility issue. We did try it for the Cowdenbeath game at East Fife, so will maybe try it again if the opportunity arises - but there were a lot of challenges. 

Incidentally, we're on air at 19.10 tonight - with 35 mins of build up with me and Rob. 

1 hour ago, Laurie said:

This is true. In terms of away games generally, it's generally a facility issue. We did try it for the Cowdenbeath game at East Fife, so will maybe try it again if the opportunity arises - but there were a lot of challenges. 

Incidentally, we're on air at 19.10 tonight - with 35 mins of build up with me and Rob. 

And, I guess that the governing bodies have no opinions on this issue?

7 hours ago, Laurie said:

Excellent and informative commentary tonight guys particularly concerning the new subs.  

16 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Excellent and informative commentary tonight guys particularly concerning the new subs.  

Seconded. Well done guys.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

Much more intetested in a commentary free option.

Surely one of the feeds could be thus.

Can’t you just turn down the volume? 🥴

been here before
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Can’t you just turn down the volume? 🥴

Aye cause you sit at games with your fingers in your ears in total silence.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Aye cause you sit at games with your fingers in your ears in total silence.

There isn ‘t much sound if you take away the commentary I reckon. You are aware there are no crowds there? 😄

been here before
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

There isn ‘t much sound if you take away the commentary I reckon. You are aware there are no crowds there? 😄

Theres not much sounds when you go to reserve games either but people manage to cope.

There wasnt much sounds when we heard the 'theres your ****in medicine' being shouted. That turned out to be one of the biggest talking points and highlights thus far of the season.

Edited by been here before

21 minutes ago, been here before said:

Theres not much sounds when you go to reserve games either but people manage to cope.

There wasnt much sounds when we heard the 'theres your ****in medicine' being shouted. That turned out to be one of the biggest talking points and highlights thus far of the season.

Fair enough. 🤣

12 minutes ago, been here before said:

A few drop outs, green screen flashing up, jerky picture...

Another quality production.

Jerky picture seems fixed thankfully as it was pretty bad.

Edited by 1953

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Better now after they brought it down for a while. 

Probably just switched something off then on again, that's what I would have done 😚

19 hours ago, jdl2002 said:

Any body know if i can cast off the ipad to tv? I usually watch one the ipad, but curious to see what its like on 65in screen?

Been some problems with some casting attempts but you can only see what happens with your own equipment.

STOP PLAYING SO MANY ****ING REPLAYS!!!!!
WATCH THE ****ING BALL

KEEP THE COVERAGE ****ING SIMPLE

HONESTLY IT'S LIKE HAVING SOME DAFT ***** ALWAYS WANTING TO GET BY YOU EVERY 30 SECONDS SO YOU CAN'T WATCH THE GAME!

YES I AM SHOUTING. BEEN SHOUTING AT THE TV TOO! FFS

KEEP REPLAYS FOR HIGHLIGHTS PACKAGES!