Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

credit card
16 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The fact it worked on other devices suggests something device specific. 🥴

Possibly, or probably but then had they tested it first they would have known that TVs with certain browsers will now no longer work. In essence here is an "improvement" that doesn't improve. Hands up who wants that? 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, credit card said:

Possibly, or probably but then had they tested it first they would have known that TVs with certain browsers will now no longer work. In essence here is an "improvement" that doesn't improve. Hands up who wants that? 

It’s virtually impossible to test on every make/type of device and there will generally always be some which don’t behave as expected. However, given the widespread ownership of Sony TVs you would expect it to work and, if not, a lot more people having the same issue as you. Hope you get it resolved before the next home match.  

Hey folks,

Sorry to hear about the issues on Saturday, I'm not sure what happened in the first half but I know there was a problem that affected some of those who were tuning in. I'm afraid I don't have much more info than that. I know that sounds like a bit of a cop-out, and I hate to use the "not my area" excuse, but I genuinely don't know any more than that I'm afraid. It will be looked at though, which usually happens after the weekend (so hopefully whatever it was is isolated and ironed out before next time). Doesn't help any of you that had issues, I get that, so it's not meant to act as any sort of consolation/solution - I just didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring the problems posted above!

One thing I was told was looked at ahead of Saturday, and was implemented, was the quality of the picture - which was put out in 1080p and I had a few people get in touch during the game to say it made a noticeable difference. Again, that's not to overlook the aforementioned issues - I realise if the stream goes down completely it doesn't matter whether it's 1080p or 720p! We also had a chat about improving the directing/production a few weeks ago, after some issues at the Morton game, and I think we managed to address them for the Dundee and Ayr matches (so the graphics, camera shots/close ups, editing, replays etc). Again, I had a fair bit of feedback during the last couple of games and it seemed to down well on the most part (for some reason the opposition fans especially seem to like the wee extras - but obviously our main audience are the Hearts fans and that's who we want to keep happy!). I don't control the replays, but I do speak to the director during the coverage, so I can feed back when certain things aren't working. We did try the "replay + live match footage" combo for Dundee (suggested within this thread), and although some people really liked it we also had quite a few who did not - so it was dropped for Saturday and instead there was just more of an effort made to avoid any replays when the ball was in play. 

Anyway, again I don't want to seem like I'm ignoring the issues that caused a few people to lose the stream altogether in the first half on Saturday - I don't have enough information to give a proper response on that and as I'm not employed by the club I don't want to act like I'm giving an official response or anything along those lines. I do know that lots of feedback/reports were received by those dealing with it at the club though, so it wasn't ignored. But for the other areas, ones I am more involved in on a matchday and have some influence on (the pre-match content, discussion, commentary etc), I'm always happy to get any feedback and I try to take things I see on here, or Twitter, into account when planning ahead for the next game. I'm in regular contact with a few fans who tune in (some ST holders, some international) and I have a wee scan of JKB and the other forums (P&B, or the opponent's forum if they have one). Give me a shout if there is anything I can assist with or if you have any feedback. 

Cheers,

Laurie 

I'll post this in here and the Brora match thread too:

Unfortunately there won't be any Hearts TV coverage of the Brora match. Obviously Brora have taken up the PPV option so it would have only been audio anyway, however the decision has been made to not cover the game. 

The good news with the PPV option is you'll still get a Jambo on commentary, as Iain Auld will be doing the coverage - I'll be tuning in myself actually! 😀 

been here before
1 hour ago, Laurie said:

I'll post this in here and the Brora match thread too:

Unfortunately there won't be any Hearts TV coverage of the Brora match. Obviously Brora have taken up the PPV option so it would have only been audio anyway, however the decision has been made to not cover the game. 

The good news with the PPV option is you'll still get a Jambo on commentary, as Iain Auld will be doing the coverage - I'll be tuning in myself actually! 😀 

Thats not unfortunate in any way.

Tommy Brown
On 13/03/2021 at 18:18, Marvin said:

I can vouch for that and it's cheaper than ppv

You've shouldn't really be telling people your doing that

:whistling:

Tommy Brown

Thanks for your update @Laurie.

You do seem to be trying your best for us and thanks.

There is always a but!

You say you speak to others behind  the scenes. Its the controllers of the stream that we really need answers from. Can you please get them to post on here. Explain whats gone wrong. Its really frustrating when it all goes tom tit during the game.

Is there browsers or players best avoided.

credit card
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It’s virtually impossible to test on every make/type of device and there will generally always be some which don’t behave as expected. However, given the widespread ownership of Sony TVs you would expect it to work and, if not, a lot more people having the same issue as you. Hope you get it resolved before the next home match.  

Cheers. You would like to think that of Sony Bravias. Mine is a 2021 model which you would guess would be one that would work. My Dad's is 2019. Fingers crossed for the next game.

1 hour ago, credit card said:

Cheers. You would like to think that of Sony Bravias. Mine is a 2021 model which you would guess would be one that would work. My Dad's is 2019. Fingers crossed for the next game.

You probably need to reflash the operating system, if you have a usb connection it's easy peasy.

credit card
On 15/03/2021 at 20:29, neonjambo said:

You probably need to reflash the operating system, if you have a usb connection it's easy peasy.

It's up to date so hopefully it's at Hearts end and it will be OK. Got an LG in our Bedroom so if all else fails will use that.

Tommy Brown
8 hours ago, credit card said:

It's up to date so hopefully it's at Hearts end and it will be OK. Got an LG in our Bedroom so if all else fails will use that.

I'm curious about tv browsers now.

I had to replace my TV pre Xmas.

I got a JVC with Amazon Fire TV built in.

So its got Amazon Silk browser, which works OK, Saturday game i could not Full Screen though. I do have buffering  issues though even with Virgin 100mb bband hardwired from router.

Tried to install Chrome but unable.

Alloa away would not work as soon as the game started  had watched some highlights  before it. Had to use Chrome on my laptop.

Forever Hearts
On 14/03/2021 at 14:32, davemclaren said:

Aw, diddums. 🤣

You really think it's funny that people are paying good money for a crap service? 

davemclaren
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

You really think it's funny that people are paying good money for a crap service? 

No , I think It’s funny being called a plum. 

been here before
5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Thats pretty much where Dave comes from. Works for him so anyone else with problems then its entertaining and obviously a problem with their equipment. This despite god knows how many acknowledgements of 'technical issues' week in and week out.

Dave sees Hearts TV a bit like Russia Today, faultless and unquestionable.

He's set himself up as a shite maroon Putin. He's all over folk every week telling them the fault is theirs, dissent or questions will not be tolerated.

Hearts TV good- your end, bad.

Edited by been here before

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, been here before said:

Thats pretty much where Dave comes from. Works for him so anyone else with problems then its entertaining and obviously a problem with their equipment. This despite god knows how many acknowledgements of 'technical issues' week in and week out.

Dave sees Hearts TV a bit like Russia Today, faultless and unquestionable.

He's set himself up as a shite maroon Putin. He's all over folk every week telling them the fault is theirs, dissent or questions will not be tolerated.

Hearts TV good- your end, bad.

Not at all, I accept sometimes it’s Hearts TV’s fault. Not always though. 😎

все хорошо

been here before

Its Comical Dave...

CqrKIj7UkAA8a-G.jpeg.jpg.c37338d5918570e071c8f4402a71687c.jpg

"Hearts TV is good... there are no issues with Hearts TV. The problem is with you".

davemclaren
Just now, been here before said:

Its Comical Dave...

CqrKIj7UkAA8a-G.jpeg.jpg.c37338d5918570e071c8f4402a71687c.jpg

"Hearts TV is good... there are no issues with Hearts TV. The problem is with you".

Very original. 😄👍

maroondevo52

I've watched every game on my laptop with very few problems until last Saturday.

I saw almost nothing of the game, total waste of time, freezing every few seconds, blank screen.

Tommy Brown
18 hours ago, maroondevo52 said:

I've watched every game on my laptop with very few problems until last Saturday.

I saw almost nothing of the game, total waste of time, freezing every few seconds, blank screen.

Out of interest, what is your set up

Tv/laptop/ipad

Browser

Internet supplier and speed

Did you try to other devicies?

maroondevo52
4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Out of interest, what is your set up

Tv/laptop/ipad

Browser

Internet supplier and speed

Did you try to other devicies?

My Laptops a MacBook Air

Chrome Browser

Virgin Media M500 Fibre Broadband

I haven't tried any other devices, like I said I've had no problems until last Saturday. I tried to watch it on hesgoal but the problems were the same.

I watched the Partick friendly stream on Sunday with no problems.

• 2 weeks later...
wattie exploited

is any one having the following problem just a black screen with a red dot bottom left of the screen  when you click on the play button for the game 

it works on my computer but not on the tv any advice would be appreciated ****ing hearts shit tv !!!!!!!!!!!! 

wattie exploited
11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It will be a blessing if it doesn't work today Wattie. 

true but we are due a performance 

25 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

is any one having the following problem just a black screen with a red dot bottom left of the screen  when you click on the play button for the game 

it works on my computer but not on the tv any advice would be appreciated ****ing hearts shit tv !!!!!!!!!!!! 

Clearly that's a problem at your end.  Are you using different browsers on your computer and TV?

wattie exploited
6 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Clearly that's a problem at your end.  Are you using different browsers on your computer and TV?

chrome on my computer and its a sony tv but it worked for the first 6 games and nothing has changed settings wise 

17 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

chrome on my computer and its a sony tv but it worked for the first 6 games and nothing has changed settings wise 

Can you change the browser on your TV to Chrome or something else?

wattie exploited
34 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Can you change the browser on your TV to Chrome or something else?

i tried to but nothing happened so just watching it n the computer 

A couple of weeks ago replays were put in their own box so you didn't miss any of the action.

Not sure why they reverted back to the full screen replays.

1 hour ago, neonjambo said:

A couple of weeks ago replays were put in their own box so you didn't miss any of the action.

Seems that a lot of fans didn't like it NJ.

8 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Seems that a lot of fans didn't like it NJ.

Surprised at that it doesn't interfere with the live stream and you have the option to watch both.

With this set up we will eventually miss a goal scoring opportunity or a controversial decision.

An example from today match was Ross Stewart kicking the ball up the park late on and we got a replay, when the ball was probably near their 18 yard box.

1 minute ago, neonjambo said:

Surprised at that it doesn't interfere with the live stream and you have the option to watch both.

With this set up we will eventually miss a goal scoring opportunity or a controversial decision.

An example from today match was Ross Stewart kicking the ball up the park late on and we got a replay, when the ball was probably near their 18 yard box.

I saw that one too but it also happens pretty regularly on broadcast TV.   

3 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

i tried to but nothing happened so just watching it n the computer 

This isn't a new problem and occurs with a lot of streaming video.  For a long time a couple of years back I couldn't even log in to Hearts TV with an Amazon Firestick but it worked fine on Chrome on my desktop PC.  I can log in these days on my Firestick running Firefox but you have to jump through a lot of hoops to get there and some frames are still not correct.  I figured that it was just easier to watch on my PC with its' 32" display where I've had few problems.

15 hours ago, neonjambo said:

Hey NJ, we got some negative feedback about the boxed match action replays so they reverted back. I did raise the issue of replays happening over match action and I think the director we've had for the last couple of games (who I think does a good job) has generally been avoiding putting any up when crucial things are happening on the park (although I'm not always looking at the screen so don't see everything that goes out). 

55 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Hey NJ, we got some negative feedback about the boxed match action replays so they reverted back. I did raise the issue of replays happening over match action and I think the director we've had for the last couple of games (who I think does a good job) has generally been avoiding putting any up when crucial things are happening on the park (although I'm not always looking at the screen so don't see everything that goes out). 

The picture in picture thing needed some work. It really didn't look good!

But I must say I was impressed with the coverage on the whole yesterday. The camera work seemed to have improved. They were capturing the right areas of the pitch, cutting to close shots and different camera at the right time, not showing pointless clips of the bench etc. It felt much more professional than it has all season. So at least something at Hearts is improving...!

Tommy Brown

I had to log out and try again at start of 2nd half. Buffering  made it unwatchable. 

My mate lost his stream a few times.

Black screen.

Just wish the streaming team would answer to this thread.

Laurie does his best, but admits he doesn't have the technical know how.

It's not his job to answer technical questions. 

Forever Hearts

For the first time this season my stream was faultless yesterday, unlike the impostors in maroon masquerading as footballers. 

On 28/03/2021 at 03:36, Tommy Brown said:

I had to log out and try again at start of 2nd half. Buffering  made it unwatchable. 

Black screen.

That's a local issue at the receiving end as many of us had a flawless stream.  I've experimented with Hearts TV reception for 4 years now and get the best results on a Windows 10 PC with the Google Chrome browser.

Have you had any luck contacting support for assistance on the Hearts TV home page?  

TyphoonJambo

So, confirmed by Laurie last night on the big Hearts zoom chat, not even getting audio on Saturday. Hopefully there will be some streams available. 

Unknown user
On 28/03/2021 at 11:36, Tommy Brown said:

Black screen.

On 29/03/2021 at 20:57, DesertDawg said:

That's a local issue at the receiving end as many of us had a flawless stream.  I've experimented with Hearts TV reception for 4 years now and get the best results on a Windows 10 PC with the Google Chrome browser.

Have you had any luck contacting support for assistance on the Hearts TV home page?  

This is the core of the issue, the streams are fine when they leave the servers, or everyone would be going tonto.

And that means it's a local issue.

It could be other users on your network, it could be that your area is overloaded at that time, maybe your router's shit - I had to replace the one I got with Virgin. It could be that you're on 5khz wifi and too far from the router or that you have too many tabs open or bloatware on your computer.

It's a big, complicated picture when you're streaming live, but the one thing you can be sure of is that the streams are fine when they leave the servers.

Tommy Brown
23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

This is the core of the issue, the streams are fine when they leave the servers, or everyone would be going tonto.

And that means it's a local issue.

It could be other users on your network, it could be that your area is overloaded at that time, maybe your router's shit - I had to replace the one I got with Virgin. It could be that you're on 5khz wifi and too far from the router or that you have too many tabs open or bloatware on your computer.

It's a big, complicated picture when you're streaming live, but the one thing you can be sure of is that the streams are fine when they leave the servers.

Cheers Smithee

Harry Potter

A wee tip, i logged in to my laptop and pc in bedroom prior to brora game, logged out on both but was unable to get game on 40 inch tv, obviously only 2 devices allowed to enter game.

On 28/03/2021 at 16:37, Laurie said:

Hi Laurie, thanks for getting in touch, Personally I didn't see any issues with the previous replays.

I may have been to focused on the match, I'm really thankful you understand the issues and keep us updated.

Yes, we are so needy and the issues shouldn't be on your shoulders.

Thanks again.

Jay.

Dunfermline don't allow access for away commentators, so we won't have any coverage tomorrow - audio or video.

I was going to open that sentence with "unfortunately", but I'm not sure if that's accurate right now! 😆

Lambert Simnel

Anyone got any experience of using ParsTV? Is it worth it for the £12? (And I realise our performance probably won't justify the money, but that's a different issue...)

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Lambert Simnel said:

Anyone got any experience of using ParsTV? Is it worth it for the £12? (And I realise our performance probably won't justify the money, but that's a different issue...)

I'm not giving those slimy toads a penny. However,it's personal choice,and im not being judgemental. I'll take great delight in nicking a free stream.