***Official Kilmarnock v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Opposition view here - looking forward to this one.

Hard to tell where the real Killie are. The worst I have possibly ever seen us in the first few games. There's the slightest chink of light now though. Greg Kiltie is looking dangerous, Magennis is a handful and Hammill has remembered how to play football. Massive change from the start of the season is Craig Slater being fit. He has bossed the midfield in the last few games.

For tomorrow night though, McHattie is out and our regular (rubbish) right back in Westlake too. So an unfamiliar defence is likely. You'll probably be facing:

Ridgers

O'Hara Findlay Ashcroft Smith

Slater Hammill

McKenzie Higgingbotham Kiltie

Magennis

I wonder if it might be a game of two dodgy defences. Both teams have potential in attack and potential to arse it up in defence. My prediction is 3-2 Hearts.

Really enjoy your posts.  St Johnstone thrashing Rangers International at Ibrox is the clearest indication yet of how big a step this league is for us.

Although I have predicted a 3-0 win for us, that is unashamedly based on sheer optimism.

I like Killie, always have, and was there when they snatched the league from us.  Was also there when we pinched the League Cup from them.

I regard Killie as a sleeping giant and wish you and them well.

Not tomorrow though.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bilel Mohsni

Really enjoy your posts. St Johnstone thrashing Rangers International at Ibrox is the clearest indication yet of how big a step this league is for us.

Although I have predicted a 3-0 win for us, that is unashamedly based on sheer optimism.

I like Killie, always have, and was there when they snatched the league from us. Was also there when we pinched the League Cup from them.

I regard Killie as a sleeping giant and wish you and them well.

Not tomorrow though.

All nice sentiments Doug, but have to ask you about the sleeping giant comment. They used to be a sizeable support but even after winning the Scottish Cup in 1997 and their recentish (2012?) League Cup win, they have failed to bring the fans through the gates and still rattle around that good sized stadium of theirs. I think there comes a point when you no longer call it sleep and accept those fans have gone.

If Robbie picks players to play in familiar positions then we'll win.

If players are all over the place we won't. And questions will be asked of his management.

We really need to win this trophy. Its been far too long.

Not much to play with in defence, so they'll have to work hard at gelling better and individually improve.

Would like to see a middle to front 6 of:-

Nicholson. Gomis. Pallardo. Walker.

Swanson.

Sow..........more width, coming from deeper a bit later and get Swanson working off Sow.

In the Scotsman Robbie is going to name a "strong" team,news for you Robbie,any cup game with the chance of a quater final at stake you should always name our strongest 11 and stop treating the fans that are making the long journey and financial outlays with the utter contempt of pissing about with the team and formation.

All nice sentiments Doug, but have to ask you about the sleeping giant comment. They used to be a sizeable support but even after winning the Scottish Cup in 1997 and their recentish (2012?) League Cup win, they have failed to bring the fans through the gates and still rattle around that good sized stadium of theirs. I think there comes a point when you no longer call it sleep and accept those fans have gone.

If they can get a decent competitive side together and keep it, I'm sure the crowds will come back.

Would love to see a really competitive league again like the one Killie won.  That season it was Killie, Hearts, Hibs and Dunfermline all the way with the OF not in the picture.

Brilliant.

Isnt this the diddy cup and arent we concentrating on winning the league ?

That's what i thought, doubt we can win the league and the league cup.

All I will say just now is that under no circumstances should our midfield lose the battle. If we can't dominate the middle of the park I will be really concerned.

Northwich Jambo

I never understand this " wee/diddy" cup mentality , last time I checked we have 3 chances of success before season starts , win the league ( not going to happen ), win Scottish Cup or win league cup.In that order obviously ,I would take a league cup final win before any second place in the league etc, even if that meant a brief excursion into Europe...

Silverware in what ever shape or form is where we should concentrate on winning ..Tonight is huge and a bigger game than Saturday (IMO )..

The pipe dream of league success is well and truly over for this season, cups now the priority. King is our best player on plastic pitches so should/must start.

**** the league cup, we've got bigger fish to fry, hope we get beat and get that distraction out the way.

Just use this game for experimenting I'd say.

Aye not arsed about seeing Hearts win silverware anyway. Just because Hibs won this competition a few years back we shouldn't devalue it, agreed its not as big a deal as the Scottish Cup or perhaps to some not as big a deal as finishing 2nd or 3rd in the league but most of us have only seen Hearts win 3 trophies in our lifetime

An important game, for a number of reasons. First and most importantly, it's a chance to get into a quarter final away to Celtic.

We need a confidence booster and we need to see what lessons Robbie has learned from the recent run of defeats, so will be interested to see the line-up, hopefully with players playing in their right positions.

No predictions till I see the team, but confident of a win.

All roads lead to Gorgie

3-2 With Paterson getting the winner in the last minute. We will miss a penalty whilst 1-0 up and Killie will then score a quick double and things will look bleak but King will rescue us with a goal and assist for Swanson's first score for the club. Then enter Paterson with a blockbuster finish. Watch this space. Reading that again I should say King will open the scoring then assist the second. Crystal ball a bit out of focus.

Aye not arsed about seeing Hearts win silverware anyway. Just because Hibs won this competition a few years back we shouldn't devalue it, agreed its not as big a deal as the Scottish Cup or perhaps to some not as big a deal as finishing 2nd or 3rd in the league but most of us have only seen Hearts win 3 trophies in our lifetime

It was a pop at those with that kind of attitude. Sarcasm if you will.

3-2 With Paterson getting the winner in the last minute. We will miss a penalty whilst 1-0 up and Killie will then score a quick double and things will look bleak but King will rescue us with a goal and assist for Swanson's first score for the club. Then enter Paterson with a blockbuster finish. Watch this space. Reading that again I should say King will open the scoring then assist the second. Crystal ball a bit out of focus.

Would that not means it finishes 4-2? If King, Swanson and Paterson score after we are 1 nil up?

Jambof3tornado

I never understand this " wee/diddy" cup mentality , last time I checked we have 3 chances of success before season starts , win the league ( not going to happen ), win Scottish Cup or win league cup.In that order obviously ,I would take a league cup final win before any second place in the league etc, even if that meant a brief excursion into Europe...

Silverware in what ever shape or form is where we should concentrate on winning ..Tonight is huge and a bigger game than Saturday (IMO )..

No diddy cups, hardly a bustling trophy cabinet.

In it to win it.

In the Scotsman Robbie is going to name a "strong" team,news for you Robbie,any cup game with the chance of a quater final at stake you should always name our strongest 11 and stop treating the fans that are making the long journey and financial outlays with the utter contempt of pissing about with the team and formation.

Is that not more case of the Scotsman asking a leading question due to us resting players for the petrofac and teams across the UK treating cups with disdain? Not sure Neilson ever said he wouldn't play a strong team in cups this season. In fact i remember him saying quite the opposite. 

BRAVEHEART1874

I think we will win this especially with Rodgers in goal but are we allowed to be confident and not just accept a top 6 place at best ;)

All roads lead to Gorgie

Would that not means it finishes 4-2? If King, Swanson and Paterson score after we are 1 nil up?

Doh, that's why I corrected my first attempt and said King would open the scoring and then lay on our equalizer. I will take 4-2 though.Thumbs up.

Think we should play the defense we want to play against tic,give them more game time to "gel" looked like a bunch of strangers on Sunday.Nicholson King hopefully starting.2-3 THE FAMOUS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alexander

Paterson

Ozturk

Augustyn

Rossi

Buaben

Gomis

King

Swanson

Nicholson

Sow

That'll be the team, a team that can win imo.

Alexander

Paterson

Ozturk

Augustyn

Rossi

Buaben

Gomis

King

Swanson

Nicholson

Sow

Strong team. More than good enough to win

tartofmidlothian

Alexander

Paterson

Ozturk

Augustyn

Rossi

Buaben

Gomis

King

Swanson

Nicholson

Sow

Pretty good team IMO. Well balanced, which is most important. Pallardo, Walker and Juanma all on the bench and getting a break for the weekend?

I'd like to see Hamilton get some game time, I reckon he's at a stage where we have to know he's okay to come in for a few games if necessary. It'd be good to see McGhee give Augustyn more time to freshen up too, but I guess we don't want to play our reserves.

Pretty good team IMO. Well balanced, which is most important. Pallardo, Walker and Juanma all on the bench and getting a break for the weekend?

I'd like to see Hamilton get some game time, I reckon he's at a stage where we have to know he's okay to come in for a few games if necessary. It'd be good to see McGhee give Augustyn more time to freshen up too, but I guess we don't want to play our reserves.

I think it would be good to give Augustyn a rest and play McGhee. Think he's still a bit rusty after his op

Alexander

Paterson

Ozturk

Augustyn

Rossi

Buaben

Gomis

King

Swanson

Nicholson

Sow

Yes this is the team. I think it is important we keep the same back 5 to grow an understanding and soon please.

Going for 1-3 Paterson, King & Sow

I thought Mcghee might get a game but when i think about it it's probably best to stick to the same centre half pairing if that's what we're going to go with for the majority of the season, they've been all over the place so surely the more they play they'll start to improve together.

So liking amnesiacs team. That's a winning team, but the big question what team will Robbie chose he's so unpredictable ? Hope he's reading kickback

Will be interesting to see how our defence cope with Josh Magennis. I've seen him a number of times and the likes of Eggert Jonsson and Darren Barr dealt with him comfortably so it'd be a bit disappointing/concerning if he proved a handful for our current lot.

Really hope we go with a strong team

tartofmidlothian

I thought Mcghee might get a game but when i think about it it's probably best to stick to the same centre half pairing if that's what we're going to go with for the majority of the season, they've been all over the place so surely the more they play they'll start to improve together.

Yeah, good point. As long as rustiness and not fitness is Augustyn's issue.

I think we'll see Hamilton, McGhee and McKirdy:

Hamilton 

Paterson 

McGhee

Ozturk

Rossi

Gomis 

McKirdy

Nicholson 

Swanson

King 

Reilly

I felt confident against Aberdeen and that didn't go to plan. Good news is that i don't feel confident for tonight so hopefully we will walk it. A moral boosting performance and a clean sheet would be great.

Archived