***Official Kilmarnock v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

**** it, bring it on I say.

Reckon if we lose to GL'S Killie we're allowed to call it a crisis. I don't think we will, though. 1-0 or 2-1 to us, a nervy but solid performance.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we'll turn up tomorrow, better standard of player than Killie and we should be making latter stages of the cups.

But since I am on kickback i'll say we'll get horsed 3-0

I'm already dreading it going to penalties and Ridgers saving two or three and then Hamill scoring the winner and kicking the advertising hoardings in celebration.

But I'll go for 4-2 Hearts, after extra time.

Goals from Swanson, Nicholson, King and Juanma. 

Looking forward to it.

bumped into Pallardo in Asda and he was down in the dumps. Was gutted about the result on Sunday. Asked him about his ankle said everything feels good. He wasnt sure if he is playing tomorrow night yet.   If he feels down in the dumps hopefully he can right some wrongs from sunday tomorrow night. 

Anyone traveling to this one (or Parkhead on Saturday for that matter) by car / bus should be aware there were 45 minute delays for roadworks on the M8 on Sunday. If it's as bad still then the A71 might be a better bet.

We have a team full of players that can beat any other team in Scotland, where they players are told to play is what is stopping us from winning.

We will almost certainly concede, I just hope Juanma, Sow, Walker and either King or Nicholson are all in a scoring mood.

4-1 Hearts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrew, on 22 Sept 2015 - 8:04 PM, said:

Can people stop quoting this clown? Defeats the purpose of having him on ignore.

:2thumbsup:

I'm just not feeling confident at all. We really need to get back doing the simple things like playing striker up front and wingers out wide. If we do that we will get the result.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rest for Walker, Buaben, Juanma, and maybe Ozturk a must IMO.  Hopefully game time for Oshaniwa, Augustyn, Pallardo, and Gomis.

Could easily see McGhee, King, and maybe Smith getting the start.  I expect Swanson will be in at the #10 too.

Opposition view here - looking forward to this one.

Hard to tell where the real Killie are. The worst I have possibly ever seen us in the first few games. There's the slightest chink of light now though. Greg Kiltie is looking dangerous, Magennis is a handful and Hammill has remembered how to play football. Massive change from the start of the season is Craig Slater being fit. He has bossed the midfield in the last few games.

For tomorrow night though, McHattie is out and our regular (rubbish) right back in Westlake too. So an unfamiliar defence is likely. You'll probably be facing:

Ridgers

O'Hara Findlay Ashcroft Smith

Slater Hammill

McKenzie Higgingbotham Kiltie

Magennis

I wonder if it might be a game of two dodgy defences. Both teams have potential in attack and potential to arse it up in defence. My prediction is 3-2 Hearts.

Hard to tell where the real Killie are. The worst I have possibly ever seen us in the first few games. There's the slightest chink of light now though. Greg Kiltie is looking dangerous, Magennis is a handful and Hammill has remembered how to play football. Massive change from the start of the season is Craig Slater being fit. He has bossed the midfield in the last few games.

For tomorrow night though, McHattie is out and our regular (rubbish) right back in Westlake too. So an unfamiliar defence is likely. You'll probably be facing:

Ridgers

Slater Hammill

Magennis

I wonder if it might be a game of two dodgy defences. Both teams have potential in attack and potential to arse it up in defence. My prediction is 3-2 Hearts.

Not bad.  I think if we play both Gomis and Pallardo we'll overrun the midfield, but I haven't seen Slater so can't comment there.  (And the idea of Hammil remembering how to play football is too hard for Hearts fans to imagine, have to see that for myself to believe it.)

Game of dodgy defences is probably right, and we may even be playing a number of reserves there.  If our defensive midfield clicks and Killie is as porous at the back as you suggest, we might run up quite a few.

Confident in this one but quite sure we're not above a loss.  I'll go for 4-2 Hearts.

Rest for Walker, Buaben, Juanma, and maybe Ozturk a must IMO.  Hopefully game time for Oshaniwa, Augustyn, Pallardo, and Gomis.

Could easily see McGhee, King, and maybe Smith getting the start.  I expect Swanson will be in at the #10 too.

Oshaniwa still suspended

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Amazing how we seem to find teams getting their shit together. Kilmarnock did hold Celtic another hard game. We need to up our game and find some discipline

Oshaniwa still suspended

Is that because LC and league are both SPFL?  Thought he would have been suspended for Celtic instead.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Is that because LC and league are both SPFL? Thought he would have been suspended for Celtic instead.

Violent conduct carries through all competition's

Private Womble

I think we'll bounce back tomorrow but I also wouldn't be surprised with a defeat. Could go either way, sure I'll get off the fence tomorrow.

Guest C00l K1d

**** it, bring it on I say.

Reckon if we lose to GL'S Killie we're allowed to call it a crisis. I don't think we will, though. 1-0 or 2-1 to us, a nervy but solid performance.

Why would it be a crisis if we got beat in the league cup?

tartofmidlothian

Why would it be a crisis if we got beat in the league cup?

I'm being partly sarcastic, but Killie were a laughing stock until a couple of weeks ago. Getting beat by them would be significantly more concerning than ICT or Hamilton, never mind Aberdeen.

tartofmidlothian

Ridgers

Slater Hammill

Magennis

Good info, Mitch.

Just looking at your squad, by the way. Since when was Conrad Balatoni with you lot? What do you make of the rest of your ex Hearts players?

Guest C00l K1d

I'm being partly sarcastic, but Killie were a laughing stock until a couple of weeks ago. Getting beat by them would be significantly more concerning than ICT or Hamilton, never mind Aberdeen.

Would maybe say it's slighty concerning if we got pumped of them in the league, but the league cup really doesn't matter and i don't think it's a problem at all if we fail to win.

Gary locke will be doing his utmost to try and get one over on us and neilson will probably use it as a further opportunity to tinker some more.  Might see Oshiniwa get a run on the right wing if we're lucky.

Genuinely couldn't care less about the result, whether we win or lose. 

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Would maybe say it's slighty concerning if we got pumped of them in the league, but the league cup really doesn't matter and i don't think it's a problem at all if we fail to win.

Gary locke will be doing his utmost to try and get one over on us and neilson will probably use it as a further opportunity to tinker some more. Might see Oshiniwa get a run on the right wing if we're lucky.

Genuinely couldn't care less about the result, whether we win or lose.

Oshaniwa is suspended isn't he?

**** the league cup, we've got bigger fish to fry, hope we get beat and get that distraction out the way.

Just use this game for experimenting I'd say.

the Hearts way

**** the league cup, we've got bigger fish to fry, hope we get beat and get that distraction out the way.

Aye, cos we're forever winning trophies.

bumped into Pallardo in Asda and he was down in the dumps. Was gutted about the result on Sunday. Asked him about his ankle said everything feels good. He wasnt sure if he is playing tomorrow night yet.   If he feels down in the dumps hopefully he can right some wrongs from sunday tomorrow night.

Did he have his shoes on the right feet ?

1-1 with extra time

Yep. My water tells me we are going out on penalties and Hammil is going to get it right up every last one of us in attendance.

I really hope Neilson uses this game as an exercise in getting the first team back up to speed rather than a blend of younger players for development/experience purposes.

We really need our best team on the pitch (whatever that is) in preparation for Celtic. Other than possibly Walker if he still having bother - I'd start with Nicholson and King

So

Alexander

Paterson

Ozturk

Augustyn

Rossi

Pallardo

Gomis

King

Swanson

Juanma (or Sow, not fussed but not both)

Nicholson

Ridiculous that any Hearts fan would be non plussed by winning this game. I hope that Neilson and Levein are of a completely different mindset. There is no reason why we can't have a run in this and there is an opportunity to bring in substantial monies from a Semi-Final and Final. Its not like we have a huge number of games and our young players have had little experience of the latter stages of cup competitions.

From a football perspective we should be going back to basics and see in this as an opportunity to both tighten up at the back and get some kind of continuity/communication and get back to attacking with the verve we were in the first few games. As JammyT says above we should be playing a very strong lineup and giving guys like Augustyn and Pallardo the opportunity to get up to speed. Nicholson and King should undoubtably be in Neilson's thoughts (personally I would leave out Sow) and play them both as well as Walker and Juanma.

If we play a strong lineup and get the attitude right its a game we should certainly win.

Archived