Klaxon! Arnaud Djoum signs on the dotted line (title edited)

jambo191

Neilson's Shank

Lets see what the trial brings, RN & CL know what they are looking for and if he fits the bill they will offer him a deal, if not it will be thanks but no thanks.  That's football

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Malinga the Swinga

Another humpty no-mark with zero experience of competing well in this league.

Disappointing.

what a well thought out and constructive post, considering it is written by a humpty no-mark

Cast No Shadow

what a well thought out and constructive post, considering it is written by a humpty no-mark

Sorry, what facts in my gold-standard posting do you not like?

The fact nobody has heard of him or the fact he has no experience whatsoever at this level?

The fact nobody has heard of him or the fact he has no experience whatsoever at this level?

Gold standard.

Cartoon-Character-Mutley-Laughing.gif

Bit harsh to brand him a humpty because he hasnt played at this level and nobody has heard of him?

You need to be utterly top drawer and known around the world to be a competent SPL player, everyone knows that.

Are there no Scottish players available who are just a good though? All for decent foreign players but is he any better than our young players we have coming through?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Are there no Scottish players available who are just a good though? All for decent foreign players but is he any better than our young players we have coming through?

Danny Swanson

Cast No Shadow

You need to be utterly top drawer and known around the world to be a competent SPL player, everyone knows that.

You don't, obviously. This just makes it a bigger gamble.

Fairly simple stuff.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He breaks up play then. Played at a decent level. If he adds a bit of depth, assuming he trials well, helps the squad

Malinga the Swinga

Since you ask, I didn't like the fact that just because you haven't heard of him, and he hasn't played in Scotland before, you mark him down as a humpty no-mark. Was Rudi well known to you before he joined, was Zal, was anyone of loads of players who we signed in the past.?

He may be good, he may not be, so why not just give him a chance.

Seymour M Hersh

All you've posted is your shitey opinion not facts.

Fairly simple stuff.

Who is available in Scotland that we should have approached?

I partially agree with what you are saying, it's worked wonders for Aberdeen who haven't made any real exciting signings but have built a squad full of proven SPL players.

I think we need a balance of imports and those that have done it here before.

Cast No Shadow

Since you ask, I didn't like the fact that just because you haven't heard of him, and he hasn't played in Scotland before, you mark him down as a humpty no-mark. Was Rudi well known to you before he joined, was Zal, was anyone of loads of players who we signed in the past.?

He may be good, he may not be, so why not just give him a chance.

Zal. :rofl:

Players like Skacel had proper pedigree and it was obvious most of the players we were signing early under Romanov would be good given the silly money getting thrown about.

All you've posted is your shitey opinion not facts.

Wait, so people do know who he is and he has played well in the Premiership before?

Hearts cast eye over trialist Arnaud Djoum

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-cast-eye-over-trialist-arnaud-djoum-1-3889646

1614771985.jpg

Belgian midfielder Arnaud Djoum is on trial at Hearts as head coach Robbie Neilson searches for a new midfielder.

The 26-year-old is a free agent after leaving the Polish club Lech Poznan two months ago. He is training at Riccarton under the watchful eye of Neilson and his coaching staff, who will decide whether to offer him a contract.

Djoum plays as a central midfielder but can also operate in defence. He is 6ft tall, born in Cameroon but holds a Belgian passport having previously been on the books at FC Brussels and Anderlecht.

He also played for Roda JC in the Netherlands and the Turkish club Akhisar Belediyespor and has represented Belgium at under-19 and under-20 level.

Neilson revealed to the Evening News this week that he is keen to recruit another midfielder following last week?s capture of Danny Swanson. He will look at Djoum?s fitness and ability before deciding whether he deserves a deal at Tynecastle.

Good pic of him in action right enough.

We failed to hit a single shot on target in our last game so to improve that were signing

a holding midfielder /Defender to improve things,he might be better than the 5 we already have.

Generic Username

We failed to hit a single shot on target in our last game so to improve that were signing

a holding midfielder /Defender to improve things,he might be better than the 5 we already have.

I'm sure I remember Cowdenbeath signing 10 goalkeepers after we horsed them last season.

No wait.

No I don't.

Hearts cast eye over trialist Arnaud Djoum

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-cast-eye-over-trialist-arnaud-djoum-1-3889646

1614771985.jpg

Belgian midfielder Arnaud Djoum is on trial at Hearts as head coach Robbie Neilson searches for a new midfielder.

The 26-year-old is a free agent after leaving the Polish club Lech Poznan two months ago. He is training at Riccarton under the watchful eye of Neilson and his coaching staff, who will decide whether to offer him a contract.

Djoum plays as a central midfielder but can also operate in defence. He is 6ft tall, born in Cameroon but holds a Belgian passport having previously been on the books at FC Brussels and Anderlecht.

He also played for Roda JC in the Netherlands and the Turkish club Akhisar Belediyespor and has represented Belgium at under-19 and under-20 level.

Neilson revealed to the Evening News this week that he is keen to recruit another midfielder following last week?s capture of Danny Swanson. He will look at Djoum?s fitness and ability before deciding whether he deserves a deal at Tynecastle.

Willie Collum has just seen this photo and made a wee note of how to spell his name...

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Willie Collum has just seen this photo and issued a retrospective red card for the challenge

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

FTFY

I'm sure I remember Cowdenbeath signing 10 goalkeepers after we horsed them last season.

No wait.

No I don't.

And your point is?

Toxteth O'Grady

No wait.

No I don't.

Maybe they wouldn't have got relegated if they did though!

jamboinglasgow

ah yes, we have been quite attacking in front of goal in the games before that, scoring 2.5 goals a game in the league before ICT (with second most goals scored in the season so far.) But because of one bad game then it means we are useless shooting in front of goal and need an attacking player. 

A couple of morons aside, I'm sure Hearts fans will welcome this guy if he signs.

Good luck to him in his trial.

If anything is need in the midfield is someone with bite and guile coupled with a forward thinking attacking nounce. This guy looks like he may have it.

And in the six previous games we scored at least 2 in each. Looks like more of a box-to-box midfielder, which is something we actually need rather than yet another attacking midfielder.

ah yes, we have been quite attacking in front of goal in the games before that, scoring 2.5 goals a game in the league before ICT (with second most goals scored in the season so far.) But because of one bad game then it means we are useless shooting in front of goal and need an attacking player.

So you think we need another defensive midfielder?

We scored 21 goals in the 8 games prior to the ICT game.

Generic Username

No wait.

No I don't.

And your point is?

That your point is more ridiculous than buying driving lessons for a cat.

jamboinglasgow

Well Robbie wanted someone versatile which is what we are getting, I could see him competing with Pallardo, allowing Gomis to be pushed further forward to compete with Buaben. 

Anyway, see the Sun are reporting that he is poised to sign for us.

A couple of morons aside, I'm sure Hearts fans will welcome this guy if he signs.

Aye every player seems to have them, they're just sitting waiting on an opportunity to post. Supporters, so called!

Looks to me like exactly what we need to give us balance - we've got wingers/quasi-wingers all over the place - no strength in depth through the middle.  

Hope he signs and is ******* magic for us.

How many defensive midfielders do.we have exactly Mckirdy and Pallardo? Prince is box to box and Gomis pulls the strings in a holding role ya tit! Good luck to the boy we need midfield cover was evident last Friday!

We've got so many options for the midfield 2 that we had to start a 17 year old there in our last game and had to play Jordan McGhee there when Buaben got injured at Ross County.

What's yours. You never have a positive word for the club.

Not alone either, we seem to have several posters with similar curious opinions...

Who are our defensuve midfielders? Gomis, Pallardo and mcKirdy are deep lying midfielders who set the tempo. Prince is more forward thinking. We don't have a true defensive mid, which is why Ozrurk and McGhee have been played in that sitting role recently.

McKirdy isn't ready physically for the role IMO.

Buaben and Pallardo have had injuires this season so it only leaves us with Gomis.

We're light in this area.

sadly the volume of morons seems to be increasing rather rapidly!

Fairly simple stuff.

Enlighten us... why is it a bigger gamble? I would agree that plucking a random foreigner from a random league would be a gamble. But having a boy who has played most of his football in Holland I might add, come in for a training trial period, would seem like manageable risk to me! 

I could name you a whole team of duds who we have signed from other Scottish/English or BIG European teams for good money, with recognisable names and pedigrees, they all turned out to be sh*te! Even b4 the Romanov era!

in fact I will... Which of the following had you not heard of b4 they came to Hearts...?

Craig Nelson, Gordan Petric, Jeremy Goss, Vincent Guerin, Derek Ferguson, Brian Hamilton, Hugh Burns, Glynn Snodin, Kevin Twaddle, Leigh Jenkinson, Justin Fashanu

Archived