Klaxon! Arnaud Djoum signs on the dotted line (title edited)

jambo191

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't fill me with confidence either way.

Most 'Klaxons' this season are utter horseshite.  We waited on the edge of our seats for Juwon ffs :facepalm: - utter brutal player.

He played 4 games at a world cup ffs,the rest of his career doesn't matter......

Anymore pishy ex Dundee Utd boys kicking about?

To think there is some pricks on here slate Lockes transfer dealings.....How ****ing hard can it be to find

a decent attacking centre midfielder.

Malcolm Tucker

He played 4 games at a world cup ffs,the rest of his career doesn't matter......

To think there is some pricks on here slate Lockes transfer dealings.....How ******* hard can it be to find

.... nah, you're definitely at it. Surely.

He Who Cannot Be Named

To think there is some pricks on here slate Lockes transfer dealings.....How ******* hard can it be to find

We already have 3 ACM's. As well as Walker who can play there. You're aff yer nut aren't you?

Clark Griswold

:cornette:

Walker has to play more centrally and be the focal point of our attacks, no. 10 role. As for pishy ex Utd players, they seem to do not too bad for us.

We already have 3 ACM's. As well as Walker who can play there. You're aff yer nut aren't you?

I said a decent one.

He seems to tick all the boxes

Arnaud Djoum?

He is more of a defensive minded midfielder but looks like he could play in a 4 man midfield. 

Played for Roda in Holland and a Turkish side. Every chance it could be an agent Levein has dealt with already going by the countries he and other signings have been based in (Ozturk, El Hassanoui, Augustyn, Anderson)

There could of course be no link to Lech Poznan at all however he looks most likely if it is the case

Ah, the 5 in 7 stat. Many realise we've not performed too well this season and improvement is required. That's for another thread though.

Does not help that our best midfielder in Pallardo and first team defender blaze are out. The team has had another shake up as well and the players need time to adapt and settle.

Anyways,back in topic. I hope we not sign S Roberton but if we do then i trust levien and robbies judgement

That's the only thing you couldn't really slate Locke for.

As for the rest of your ramblings - :cornette:

Would much rather see us sign a striker than a midfielder. Fridays instance of no Pallardo or Gomis is unlikely to happen many more times this season and we still seem a bit light up top.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbie-neilson-targets-another-midfielder-for-hearts-squad-1-3889106

Robbie Neilson targets another midfielder for Hearts squad
2607166709.jpg
Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson feels his squad needs more cover in midfield
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
10:03Thursday 17 September 2015

HEARTS are targeting another new midfielder following the capture of Danny Swanson, the Evening News can reveal.

Head coach Robbie Neilson is scouring the free-agent market hoping to sign a versatile central midfielder, who can also cover other positions.

Swanson became Hearts? sixth signing of the new season last Wednesday, following Blazej Augustyn, Gavin Reilly, Juanma Delgado, Igor Rossi and Juwon Oshaniwa. However, Neilson?s recruitment is not finished. He explained today that there is still room for one more new arrival in midfield.

?I do think we need to add one more to the squad. I?m looking for somebody in the midfield area, a bit of a utility player who can cover several positions,? he said. ?That would give us some cover because we don?t have a huge squad. We?ve picked up a few injuries recently and we don?t have the same size of squad as some of the other clubs in the league. We have to make sure that the players we sign can cover different positions.

?We?ve got an eye on a couple of players but it?s getting them in that?s the problem. I?ve spoken to a few but I don?t want to just jump in and take anybody. There are players out there who we could sign today but it has to be the right one. We aren?t going to waste money. I?d rather wait and, if one comes up, great. If not, we?ll just wait until the January transfer window opens up.

?I?ve been looking for the last month, really. I had a little bit of money to use and we brought Swanson in. I always hoped to get another one in as well but it?s just getting the right player. I don?t want to waste money because it?s important we don?t make the wrong decision. Whoever comes in has to give us good value.?

Neilson felt a lack of experienced midfield cover was exposed on Friday night in the 2-0 defeat by Inverness. Morgaro Gomis missed the match due to a family bereavement, whilst Miguel Pallardo was an unused substitute having just recovered from an Achilles injury. That left 17-year-old Sean McKirdy to partner Prince Buaben in the central area.

?You see from the game on Friday that we missed Morgaro and we brought Sean in ? a 17-year-old boy making his first league start. That?s great for him and great for the club, I just think we need a wee bit more strength in there at the moment,? continued Neilson.

?Sean has a bit more development time to come. We?ll get him in and out of the team this season but I don?t think he?s ready to be a full starter week in, week out. We need some extra bodies in there and I think one more will do us.?

Hearts have disciplined Oshaniwa for his red card in the Highlands, with Neilson branding him ?silly? for lashing out at the Inverness forward Tobi Sho-Silva. The Nigerian was dismissed for violent conduct and now misses Sunday?s match against table-topping Aberdeen and next Wednesday?s League Cup tie at Kilmarnock.

?It?s been dealt with internally. Juwon understands what?s happened and we move on now,? explained Neilson. ?I spoke to him about it. He?s just been silly and he knows it?s something you just can?t do. He?s learned his lesson because he?s going to miss out on two big games.

?We play Aberdeen on Sunday in a massive league game, so he?s punished himself. Every player wants to play in big games that are on TV. Juwon is trying to get himself into the Nigerian national team and his national coach will be watching the game, but he?s not involved. That?s probably the biggest punishment he can get.?

The videos online are all very encouraging

He looks really decent - strong, reads the play well, makes good tackles, sees the right pass and has an eye for goal.

Only thing that worries me is the comments underneath the video that say "Welcome to Partizan Belgrade - 1 month ago"?

~

?

He looks really decent - strong, reads the play well, makes good tackles, sees the right pass and has an eye for goal.

Only thing that worries me is the comments underneath the video that say "Welcome to Partizan Belgrade - 1 month ago"?

~

?

This boy looks absoloute pony which will problaby mean we will sign him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Messi not available this afternoon?

Folk still watching youtube videos to rate a player, you know you could make lewis stevenson look good in a nice little montage.

Agree with that.

That Malonga boy scored about 10 goals for Hibs last season. Put that in a 2 minute YouTube video, and he probably looks great.

Folk still watching youtube videos to rate a player, you know you could make lewis stevenson look good in a nice little montage.

Agree with that.

That Malonga boy scored about 10 goals for Hibs last season. Put that in a 2 minute YouTube video, and he probably looks great.

I'm waiting for the Football Manager stats...everything else is pish.

:muggy:

Julien Brellier

I'd take Rhys McCabe. Cracking player on the ball and can play full back as well as attacking or holding midfield where he would normally play. Free agent, 23 yrs old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some utter drivel being posted on here. .. if you don't like what's happening at the club or on the pitch. ..don't come to games, actually think a lot of the quarter wits on here have never set foot inside Tynie !

Some utter drivel being posted on here. .. if you don't like what's happening at the club or on the pitch. ..don't come to games, actually think a lot of the quarter wits on here have never set foot inside Tynie !

If you don't like whats being posted on KB don't post on KB.

I'd take Rhys McCabe. Cracking player on the ball and can play full back as well as attacking or holding midfield where he would normally play. Free agent, 23 yrs old.

Didnt he go to the same club as Black?

Your right,but a 35 minute video made this this boy look an average footballer.

I don't think he signed, still without a club.

He was on trial at Dunfermline recently don't know if he was offered anything or he is looking for higher league and money.

Julien Brellier

He was on trial at Dunfermline recently don't know if he was offered anything or he is looking for higher league and money.

I seen that. Think he was maybe being offered training facilities as his cousin plays for Dunfermline. Strange one that he hasn't managed to find a club yet. Reckon he could be a real find if given the opportunity.

Say What Again

Hearts cast eye over trialist Arnaud Djoum

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-cast-eye-over-trialist-arnaud-djoum-1-3889646

1614771985.jpg

Belgian midfielder Arnaud Djoum is on trial at Hearts as head coach Robbie Neilson searches for a new midfielder.

The 26-year-old is a free agent after leaving the Polish club Lech Poznan two months ago. He is training at Riccarton under the watchful eye of Neilson and his coaching staff, who will decide whether to offer him a contract.

Djoum plays as a central midfielder but can also operate in defence. He is 6ft tall, born in Cameroon but holds a Belgian passport having previously been on the books at FC Brussels and Anderlecht.

He also played for Roda JC in the Netherlands and the Turkish club Akhisar Belediyespor and has represented Belgium at under-19 and under-20 level.

Neilson revealed to the Evening News this week that he is keen to recruit another midfielder following last week?s capture of Danny Swanson. He will look at Djoum?s fitness and ability before deciding whether he deserves a deal at Tynecastle.

If you don't like whats being posted on KB don't post on KB.

That makes no sense! So if a mate buys a brand of beer I dont like,  instead of telling him I dont like it, I should stop buying beer?

People are allowed to comment and many do.

You nor I do not have to like the post but should respect that there will be differing views on JKB as there is in life whether it be politics, sport or even religion.

If you don't like what's posted then read it and move on as life is too short......................or of course debate the points made.

Probably something to do with the age of the posters. Take a few of the old guys out(inc. me) and from the quality of some posts the average age must drop to about 8 and 3/4. The 3/4 is important because it's almost another year.

I have no idea whether this guy is any good but I'd be interested to hear what made him look "pony" in that video?

Probably something to do with the age of the posters. Take a few of the old guys out(inc. me) and from the quality of some posts the average age must drop to about 8 and 3/4. The 3/4 is important because it's almost another year.

A tad unfair on us educated young men.

~

?

Seems to get his foot on the ball a decent amount, looks comfortable in possession, and there's some good video of him closing down on defence.  My biggest concern is that in the 20 minutes of highlights I skimmed through I didn't see one real defence-shredding pass.  If he's as good on defence as he looks and isn't too expensive, good be a good signing.  Probably would have helped to have had him on Friday.

Archived