United and Jackie McNamara

Craig Gordons Gloves

ahh ok, laptop broke a while back so been relying on ps4 internet app :facepalm::D

Aw that's a nightmare! My laptop is in dire need of repair so often do the same. Just checked and our wage costs costs for this year were expected to be 4.5 million but are now forecast to be 4.6 million. That will be comfortably third biggest.

http://cdn.heartsfc.co.uk/assets/downloads/AGM%202015%20Key%20Slides.pdf

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aw that's a nightmare! My laptop is in dire need of repair so often do the same. Just checked and our wage costs costs for this year were expected to be 4.5 million but are now forecast to be 4.6 million. That will be comfortably third biggest.

http://cdn.heartsfc.co.uk/assets/downloads/AGM%202015%20Key%20Slides.pdf

total staff wage or player wage?

chuck berrys hairline

Can see us having a lot more staff on our books than Dundee Utd. I'd wager player wages accumulate around 3m making us 4/5th largest in the league. This points to us over performing and ahead o's scheduled.

Watt-Zeefuik

Can see us having a lot more staff on our books than Dundee Utd. I'd wager player wages accumulate around 3m making us 4/5th largest in the league. This points to us over performing and ahead o's scheduled.

Indeed.  I think we budgeted for top six and are top three.  I think United budgeted for top three and are averaging a half a point a game.

Looking at 1st Team Squad only. DUFC 29 vs HMFC 21. That's possibly a big start in terms of annual outlay. albeit no idea on individual wages.

The Thomson family have provided the Dundee United fans with an unsustainably financed club for many years. The umbilical cord has been severed and it's poverty and shite all the way for them. They did well enough out of it while it lasted.

I just hope they have a temporary recovery next season to **** up Hibs.

Hungry hippo

Utd should have banked with HBOS, ..............like hibs did.

They forgive debts of up to ?5mill.

They did and reached a similar agreement to Hibs.

Bowmans_Boot

Hope it works out for them - they are one of the few Scottish clubs I dont really have any bad feeling towards at all. 

Dagger Is Back

Find it very difficult to work up any bad feelings about Dundee Utd. Got a few mates that are Arabs and wouldn't like to see them going into admin.

We suffered big time and I wouldn't like to see that happen to any Scottish club. Well OK then, maybe three or four.

Bowmans_Boot

Find it very difficult to work up any bad feelings about Dundee Utd. Got a few mates that are Arabs and wouldn't like to see them going into admin.

We suffered big time and I wouldn't like to see that happen to any Scottish club. Well OK then, maybe three or four.

Agree with this, but only three clubs. Well, Dundee wouldn't exactly cripple me, so four, yeah :) 

FenderJaguar7

Hope it works out for them - they are one of the few Scottish clubs I dont really have any bad feeling towards at all.

After everything we went through I just keep my mouth shut with these things, end of the day it's the fans that suffer.

Apart from Rangers - **** them

SectionDJambo

They signed Rudi Skacel, after being part of the block to us getting him back, when we were on our knees, if I remember correctly. Thomson wasn't for giving us too much scope then. Trying not to be bitter, but it is strange how things can turn round in football, in such a short space of time.

Now it's hard to see how they can remain big players in the top league, given the support they get in Dundee. Similar to Aberdeen, in that they harvested quite a lot of support from our area when Hearts and Hibs were going through bad times. That period has long gone, so there is every chance they will slip back to their status of the 60s. They certainly have a big job on to avoid relegation this season.

If anything Dundee United will have higher non playing staff costs given Thompson takes 150k a year, David Southern will be on a good wage and Jackie McNamara was getting extra money in addition to his basic salary which would have come under staff costs. Compared that with Ann taking nothing at the moment.

Apart from Levein and Neilson I cannot see any of our other non-playing staff being on a good wage.

We in all likelihood have by far the third highest budget and chat of us having similar budgets to other teams in the league bar the two obvious exceptions seems bizarre.

Archived