Preston North End Pre Season

KingsknoweKid

Disappointing to reckon only 1500 tickets sold if true! Thought we would take a lot more than that!

Can't understand why there would be disappointment at 1500 going to an away friendly.

Too much hype about attendances home and away leading to unrealistic expectations of what we should take to away grounds...that in turn leads to feelings of disappointment when there should be none.....1500 is a great support to take.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PortsmouthJambo

Well based on the fact we took around 2500 in 2006...not far and a good day out!

Be one of there biggest away supports of the season,be surprised if Everton bring that next sunday.bet a lot of other teams wished they could get 1500+ away supporters to come to an away game.

We are on the 17:53 back to Edinburgh and don't want to miss it. Will I be able to walk back from the stadium in time after the game or should I try and get a taxi?

Any advice appreciated.

We are on the 17:53 back to Edinburgh and don't want to miss it. Will I be able to walk back from the stadium in time after the game or should I try and get a taxi?

Any advice appreciated.

From memory I think it was about a 20 minute walk but may take longer if the police try to control the crowd

From memory I think it was about a 20 minute walk but may take longer if the police try to control the crowd

Cheers for the reply. Should make it in plenty time.

Lancashire_Lou

Preston is the absolute armpit of the north west

You've spelled 'Blackpool' wrong.

Lancashire_Lou

If you power walk! It's a bit of a trek.

Can't understand why there would be disappointment at 1500 going to an away friendly.

Too much hype about attendances home and away leading to unrealistic expectations of what we should take to away grounds...that in turn leads to feelings of disappointment when there should be none.....1500 is a great support to take.

I think it ls a decent crowd too.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Suns out here in Preston :thumbsup:

It's out here in Derbyshire, too :2thumbsup:   Bringing a mate north today for his first Hearts match, and he's dead excited. Maybe it's the thought of a few pints in Preston, though ;) Better do well or it'll be more than a bit embarrassing for me in our local on way home, Preston not thought highly of here in Man City/United country!

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Sunny here in Stockport :) heading for breakfast soon then for the train.

Could well be on the same train (12.16) from Piccadilly :2thumbsup:

My wife's at work in Hazel Grove, gutted that she can't come to the game today.

For those not familiar with the area, Hazel Grove is a suburb of Stockport.

It's nice to think I might meet some Jambos at Piccadilly Station today instead of some noisy reds and blues!

duckandcover

Well based on the fact we took around 2500 in 2006...not far and a good day out!

You're joking :lol:

It's a friendly and there will be pay at the gate. Preston only gave us 1500 up front

Heartsfc_1874

Just off train , walked to the twelve tellers for breakfast . Police outside bars already and are in/out vans watching fans

Could well be on the same train (12.16) from Piccadilly :2thumbsup:

My wife's at work in Hazel Grove, gutted that she can't come to the game today.

For those not familiar with the area, Hazel Grove is a suburb of Stockport.

It's nice to think I might meet some Jambos at Piccadilly Station today instead of some noisy reds and blues!

Hazel Grove is where we are :) my brother stays here.

Think we're getting the 1103 from hazel Grove and think the train from piccadily is about 1145.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Hazel Grove is where we are :) my brother stays here.

Think we're getting the 1103 from hazel Grove and think the train from piccadily is about 1145.

I'll arrive at Picaadilly about 11.45ish, will prob try to catch an earlier train unless ticket is for a specific one. Your brother stays in a nice part of town, some nice houses in Hazel Grove :) Enjoy the match :walk_man:

AllyjamboDerbyshire

2 scousers taking in thier first game today :thumbsup:

That's the great thing about having a game down here, the chance to take a mate, or mates, to see the Jam Tarts, hopefully get them more interested in the club and Scottish football :2thumbsup:

maroonlegions

Some people had too much to drink already

Is that you in your avatar picture.   :laugh4:

PortsmouthJambo

It's a friendly and there will be pay at the gate. Preston only gave us 1500 up front

PortsmouthJambo

We did take 2500...so not much of a joke really

We_are_the_Hearts

I know quite a few folk who would have been there but cant because of holidays, weddings or parties, me included. No surprise in pre-season

Back to 2005

The police are advising 2 pubs for hearts fans to use. The Vic near to the train station & The Twelve Tellers on Church St

I presume advising means telling...

Anyone in sumners in? Worth heading over? Is it the one in watling street road?

Sumners beginning to fill up , good pint although plastic tumblers

Preston Jambo

29 degrees here in Bavaria but gutted not to be in Preston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grumpyjambo

Sumners beginning to fill up , good pint although plastic tumblers

Cheese burger and chips 4 quid

Folk moaning at a 1500 away support for a friendly :lol:

what we had at Raith game last week

very good turnout today

saving my pennies for Dundee and Dingwall

portobellojambo1

The total crowd today was around 4,000 apparently. Lucky if there were 1500 Preston fans there which suggest around 2,500 HMFC fans, although the away stand looked to be more full than it was in 2006.

Was a good day out spoiled to an extent by what can only be described as a rather lackadaisical performance on the park. I think people are possibly now beginning to understand that the step up from the championship to the premiership is larger than many imagined and we have a fair bit to go yet before we can start thinking about winning cups and pushing Celtic for the league title.

Seymour M Hersh

The total crowd today was around 4,000 apparently. Lucky if there were 1500 Preston fans there which suggest around 2,500 HMFC fans, although the away stand looked to be more full than it was in 2006.

Was a good day out spoiled to an extent by what can only be described as a rather lackadaisical performance on the park. I think people are possibly now beginning to understand that the step up from the championship to the premiership is larger than many imagined and we have a fair bit to go yet before we can start thinking about winning cups and pushing Celtic for the league title.

I'm sorry but how on earth can you make that statement after watching a pre season friendly?  I wonder what you said last year after Dundee and Cowdenbeath beat us? Didn't turn out too shabby for us did it? Maybe we should wait until we've played 5 or 6 league games before we proclaim we're ****ed! 

portobellojambo1

I'm sorry but how on earth can you make that statement after watching a pre season friendly?  I wonder what you said last year after Dundee and Cowdenbeath beat us? Didn't turn out too shabby for us did it? Maybe we should wait until we've played 5 or 6 league games before we proclaim we're messed! 

I didn't say we were messed SMH, my thoughts on the coming season is and always was I'll be happy if when it is over we are still in the top division, as to me that in itself represents progress. And it wasn't a personal statement as such it was a reflection on what others were saying in discussion, just general thoughts as people express on here, some think we will do well others think it will be a lot more difficult than last season. Whatever your thoughts on that doesn't make you right or wrong at this stage, and certainly my thoughts on looking at staying in the top division as progress were made before today and weren't really swayed in any way by today.

Lancashire_Lou

It'll take you less than an hour to walk it. Police will probably put buses on tbh.

I did say they'd put buses on!

Archived