Preston North End Pre Season

KingsknoweKid

The Great Khali

The Vic opposite the stations main entrance now opens for breakfast at 10am I think & is usually the 'away' pub nearest there. It's just been taken over by the folk who have The Variety.

Cheers m'dears :thumbsup:

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leave station - turn right on Main Street and walk about 5 - 10 mins max

Pubs open at 10 - can't recall names

My Plan :

Saturday ;

5:20am - wake up

5:35am - shower

5:55am - dressed

6:10am - cup a tea /milk 2sugars

6:25am - get in taxi

6:30am - pick up a mate

6:45am - arrive at Waverley station

6:52am - board train to preston

9:15am - arrive in preston

9:30am - breakfast somewhere

10:30am - pub

14:00pm - leave pub

14:40pm - arrive at ground

15:00pm - watch the famous

PUB afterwards

Sounds like a page from Adrian Mole, Lets hope its a perfect day.

Lancashire_Lou

I love a good footy trip; just remember that I do that same journey (in reverse) each time I go to Tynecastle! 

disgruntledfan

My Plan :

Saturday ;

5:20am - wake up

5:35am - shower

5:55am - dressed

6:10am - cup a tea /milk 2sugars

6:25am - get in taxi

6:30am - pick up a mate

6:45am - arrive at Waverley station

6:52am - board train to preston

9:15am - arrive in preston

9:30am - breakfast somewhere

10:30am - pub

14:00pm - leave pub

14:40pm - arrive at ground

15:00pm - watch the famous

PUB afterwards

Wheres the daily toilet visit for a number 2 about ? (this vital omission could add another 15 mins to your itinerary schedule)  :toilet:

Dalstonjambo

I love a good footy trip; just remember that I do that same journey (in reverse) each time I go to Tynecastle!

Ha ha. Was thinking the same. Preston only 2 and a half hour train from London so a relative home game for me

Jack Torrance

Anyone know if you can pay at the gate? We happen to be heading to Blackpool for a few days on Saturday. Might try to persuade the others to head through before we get to our B&B.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Anyone know if you can pay at the gate? We happen to be heading to Blackpool for a few days on Saturday. Might try to persuade the others to head through before we get to our B&B.

I phoned PNE earlier, there is a ticket window just next to the away stand which is open to all away fans.

This happens for every game.

Heartsfc_1874

Wheres the daily toilet visit for a number 2 about ? (this vital omission could add another 15 mins to your itinerary schedule) :toilet:

Train journey

IS there loyatly points assigned for this fixture if you get tickets through Hearts?

yes Rob... 4 loyalty points

Southport_Jambo

Arriving in Preston just before 10am; bit of breakfast before or after meeting uncle, then to the nearest open (and serving) licensed premises to wait for brother and dad. Considering it's just a friendly, I'm rather looking forward to it.

Jack Torrance

I phoned PNE earlier, there is a ticket window just next to the away stand which is open to all away fans.

This happens for every game.

Brilliant. Thanks buddy.

Gear shifting this weekend.

ROBBIE NEILSON wants Hearts to up their game in their last two pre-season friendlies against Preston North End and Everton.

The head coach admitted matches up until now have been solely about fitness but stressed that a stern test awaits for his players against both English sides. Hearts play Preston at Deepdale this Saturday followed by Everton?s visit to Tynecastle a week on Sunday. They then head into competitive fixtures, starting with a League Cup tie at home to Arbroath on Thursday, July 30. Then comes the first league game of the season against St Johnstone on Sunday, August 2.

Neilson watched a young Hearts team draw 1-1 at Cowdenbeath last night and explained that friendlies now become more meaningful as the new season approaches. ?The first part of pre-season is just playing games to get game time,? he told the Evening News.

?There isn?t really a lot of focus on it, although we work hard in training. We?re mixing and matching in games, bringing boys in and playing people out of position. It?s difficult to get any rhythm as it?s really just a fitness exercise.

?Now we really start gearing up. We?ve got Preston on Saturday, then there?s full week to go to the Everton game. Then we start building towards the first game of the season.

?We will get a good test from both Preston and Everton. There?s a lot of quality down in England and it will be a test in both these matches.

?The first game of the season is the most important, so it?s about getting there in the best condition we possibly can.

?I?m only taking 18 players down to Preston. I?d rested about eight of them last night and the night before.

?We used about 22 boys against Stirling and Cowdenbeath so I?m cutting it right down now as we?re gearing up for the first-team games.

?The squad will become solely a first-team squad because Jack Ross is taking the under-20 players up north.?

Folk were also asking about Gomis and Prince,

"A 1-1 draw against Cowdenbeath saw ten teens in total feature, all of whom played against Stirling Albion 24 hours previously. More experienced figures like Morgaro Gomis and Prince Buaben will now return to the squad for friendlies against Preston and Everton over the next two weekends."

Possibly already been mentioned but any boozers willing to serve all the jakeys arriving before 10 am? Asking for a friend...

Lol

Heartsfc_1874

So really your 18 players are :

Starting XI :4-3-3

Alexander

Paterson

Ozturk

Augustyn

McHattie

Gomis

Pallardo

Buaben

Nicholson

Walker

Sow

Bench :

Hamilton

McGhee

L.Smith

Anderson

King

El Hass

Reilly

heartsfc_fan

Alexander

Paterson

Ozturk

Augustyn

McHattie

Gomis

Pallardo

Buaben

Nicholson

Walker

Sow

Bench :

Hamilton

McGhee

L.Smith

Anderson

King

El Hass

Reilly

Oliver might have a shout of the match day squad. And the Nigerian left back (if he does eventually sign).

We_are_the_Hearts

Alexander

Paterson

Ozturk

Augustyn

McHattie

Gomis

Pallardo

Buaben

Nicholson

Walker

Sow

Bench :

Hamilton

McGhee

L.Smith

Anderson

King

El Hass

Reilly

Oliver will be in and imagine one of Oz, prince or gomis will miss out

portobellojambo1

Where you headed before the game John?

Breakfast first, and then the boozer, unless said boozer does liquid/food combo breakfasts (truth is I don't think we have decided yet, we will play it by ear once we arrive).

lancashire_lad

Preston is the absolute armpit of the north west

It's not quite that bad Robbie - I take it you have not sceen Burnley and Blackburn close up lately?

By the way the local Preston newspaper (Lancashire Evening Post) claimed you had only sold 1,300 tickets by Tuesday night. Surely that can't be right ?

- http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/national-football/jambos-visit-pne-with-a-taste-for-success-1-7360119

Neilson's Shank

It's not quite that bad Robbie - I take it you have not sceen Burnley and Blackburn close up lately?

By the way the local Preston newspaper (Lancashire Evening Post) claimed you had only sold 1,300 tickets by Tuesday night. Surely that can't be right ?

- http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/national-football/jambos-visit-pne-with-a-taste-for-success-1-7360119

Better than Wigan for sure, the walk from North West to Wallgate is only bearable due to Galloway the bakers!

Be around the 2000 mark travelling down I'd have thought. Not shabby for a friendly. Give us a European game down there and we'll make Manchester 2008 look like a Sunday school picnic.........lol

We_are_the_Hearts

Be around the 2000 mark travelling down I'd have thought. Not shabby for a friendly. Give us a European game down there and we'll make Manchester 2008 look like a Sunday school picnic.........lol

I went to liverpool on my old boys LPs as i never had enuf and now i have 140 so we could have took a lot down there, liverpool end was funny whenwe scored :-)

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Breakfast first, and then the boozer, unless said boozer does liquid/food combo breakfasts (truth is I don't think we have decided yet, we will play it by ear once we arrive).

No worries mate. :thumbsup:

Auld Reekin'

Not even in a joke, please...

No worries mate. :thumbsup:

like Iain says Rikki, we've nowt concrete decided other than getting breakfast when we arrive at 9.15.

any tips from someone with local knowledge would be welcome mind  :2thumbsup:

Siphiwe Tshabalala

like Iain says Rikki, we've nowt concrete decided other than getting breakfast when we arrive at 9.15.

any tips from someone with local knowledge would be welcome mind :2thumbsup:

Not a problem John!

I think the Corn Exchange, which isn't too far from the train station, could be a good shout for food and a drink, it's pretty big inside and I think it may serve early!

Not a problem John!

I think the Corn Exchange, which isn't too far from the train station, could be a good shout for food and a drink, it's pretty big inside and I think it may serve early!

that's where we were 'herded' to by the polis in 2006....... don't think it opens till 11am anyway.

probably going to twelve tellers for breakfast as it's not too far from the train station, unless we see an alternative on route.

Ron Burgundy

Preston is the absolute armpit of the north west

You have not seen much of the North west.

portobellojambo1

that's where we were 'herded' to by the polis in 2006....... don't think it opens till 11am anyway.

probably going to twelve tellers for breakfast as it's not too far from the train station, unless we see an alternative on route.

Is the Grey Friar not closer John, come out the station, turn right then head up Corporation Street towards the Friargate (A59). Could be 6 in half a dozen mind you.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Just aswell going Twelve Tellers John, cheap booze and big breakfast!

lancashire_lad

Not a problem John!

Corn Exchange opens at 11am on a Saturday - with doorman - home fans only pub now.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Corn Exchange opens at 11am on a Saturday - with doorman - home fans only pub now.

Ahh fair enough! Anywhere you would recommend on a Friday night?

kylelauren01

On last couple of performances, wouldn't be surprised if Sean McKirdy travels ahead of Anderson.

Ron Burgundy

I'm really looking forward to it, be better if it was gonna be brilliant sunshine buy hey ho.

lancashire_lad

Ahh fair enough! Anywhere you would recommend on a Friday night?

i like Church Street on a Friday night, a lot of pubs/clubs on the way up to Preston Jail.

Starting at the Twelve Tellers (Witherspoons) try the Baws Paw (very cheap) and the Old Dog Inn (open untill 6am)  and across the road is Barneys bar and the 55th Division Club (an ex servicemens club, very pro Loyalist) - if you carry on your reach the Jail - they do a very good B&B I'm told - and all rooms have Sky TV now!

I'm really looking forward to it, be better if it was gonna be brilliant sunshine buy hey ho.

My thoughts exactly.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

i like Church Street on a Friday night, a lot of pubs/clubs on the way up to Preston Jail.

Starting at the Twelve Tellers (Witherspoons) try the Baws Paw (very cheap) and the Old Dog Inn (open untill 6am)  and across the road is Barneys bar and the 55th Division Club (an ex servicemens club, very pro Loyalist) - if you carry on your reach the Jail - they do a very good B&B I'm told - and all rooms have Sky TV now!

Need to try a few of them! I only usually go up Roper Hall way on a Friday night.

Nucky Thompson

It's not looking too bad. Sunshine mostly with the chance of showers for a wee spell in the afternoon and 19 degrees

LeylandJambo

Can anyone local to Preston recommend any decent town centre car parks?

Fishergate next to the train station or st. Georges just off lune st

Hope you travelling Jambos have a great time in Preston.

3-1 Hearts.

PortsmouthJambo

Disappointing to reckon only 1500 tickets sold if true! Thought we would take a lot more than that!

Archived