Who's your choice for manager?

Sconnie

Who's your favoured choice for manager?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who's your favoured choice for manager?

• Billy Davies
    • Craig Levein
    • Jim Jefferies
    • Derek McInnes (St Johnstone/Other)

Glamorgan Jambo

From down south in order

Robero Martinez - of Sky Spanish Football coverage and Swansea City fame - as well as him being a great young coach it would get it right up the Jacks who would then hopefully quickly drop back into league 1.

Boothroyd would be a good shout for a couple of seasons.

Alan Irvine's done okay at preston after a disasterous start to the season under Paul Simpson

I agree with a previous poster, we are going to end up with Frail, because he will be all that is available on short notice. Every one else is going to want to negotiate control, and that will take if the McGhee fiasco is any guide untill seaon 2010/2011.

stevie1874
Vlad should go all out and get neil warnock,he will get these non triers and those who dont care about playing for the jerseys sorted out and put a bit of fight back in the the team:pray:

Agree he'd have that useless lump of a centre forward he sold us shipped back down south pronto...I also like the idea of ince ,but lets get away from scottish managers that have this inbred inferiority complex when it comes to the old ****

John Hughes ? Is he some obscure English second division manager ?

I'm typing this knowing that you cant possibly be hoping for that Neanderthal retarded lover of Hibernian, hater of Hearts, who can hardly string two words together and thinks tactics are a small minty sweet you get in a plastic box. The John Hughes who manages Falkirk !?!?!?

Strip all the Hoboness away and you have a good motivator and a manager who is respected by his players.

We are back to square one. Forget all the tactics bulls**t or getting a deep thinking manager, lets get someone in who`ll get us pumping again and also being a plain and simple, proper run club.

I`m not saying Hughes is the man, but we really need to take small steps again.

And if you know yer history, a Hibs legend used to manage Hearts so why worry about Hughes?

Strip all the Hoboness away and you have a good motivator and a manager who is respected by his players.

We are back to square one. Forget all the tactics bulls**t or getting a deep thinking manager, lets get someone in who`ll get us pumping again and also being a plain and simple, proper run club.

I`m not saying Hughes is the man, but we really need to take small steps again.

And if you know yer history, a Hibs legend used to manage Hearts so why worry about Hughes?

Could Hughes really attract quality players though? If you had to choose between two clubs that were managed by Hughes and Davies, who do you think you would pick?

His interviews can be terrible aswell.

"Gowzer!!!"

ScottishSandstorm

I say:

Big Sam*

Boothroyd*

Clarke*

Warnock

Ince*

Grant*

Scala

Coyle*

Davies

Levein*

Chisholm

Valdas*

Robbo/Elvis*

Ferguson*

JJ

McGlynn

Banks

Robbie Williamson

*=not going to happen

Buffalo Bill

I've been thinking about this all day.

I really want us to get Billy Davies now.

Billy Davies for manager!

Buffalo Bill

Bert Le Clos

For me, Billy Davies should be our number one priority. I think he would come if he was offered the job and given assurances about team selection. McGhee didn't site that as a reason for rejecting Hearts so perhaps Vlad is now willing to give the right man full control of team selection.

I would take Scala or Warnock with some hesitation. Scala has been out of work for a long time and although Warnock gets a lot out of players I'm not sure he is tactically astute (did he not sign Nade?!).

Don't want back Jefferies or Levein. They've had their time, don't play good football although I can see why some would want them back.

Paul Ince is a decent shout if we are willing to take a gamble, has got his previous teams playing decent football, takes no pish and must have good connections through his playing days. The other option would be to try and entice a decent assistant away from a club.

Don't think Paul Sturrock is a strong enough character, don't want Holloway or Robson and no other high profile names would touch us with a barge-pole, employed or not.

Billy Davies is our man.

merseyjambo

TBH I'm not sure I would want Davies but Preston fans thought he was a good 'un so I'll bow to their better knowledge.

Personally I would go for someone like as has been mentioned, Martinez or someone like Geraint Williams, Simon Grayson, Owen Coyle, Paul Trollope, Danny Wilson, Martin Allen, Steve Tilson or Darren Ferguson

All highly respected managers in the lower leagues in England. Their sides play decent football and its mot a step to the past in the form of Levien or Jeffries.

I have nothing against either if them, but I think we need a fresh start manager wise. Lets face it those 2 candidates flopped in England.

The names mentioned have eyes for a decent player, contacts with EPL clubs for possible loan players and are used to working with limited resources

I also like Brian Laws and Gary Johnston but don't think we could get either of them.

All managers have to start somewhere so those who look down on lower league football as a step down, think again. SPL clubs outwith the Bigot Bros would filter from the top half of the Championship to half way down League 1

If this is to be a fresh start for HMFC we need an outsider to come in and take charge of the team from scratch

Archived