Who's your choice for manager?

Sconnie

Who's your favoured choice for manager?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who's your favoured choice for manager?

• Billy Davies
    • Craig Levein
    • Jim Jefferies
    • Derek McInnes (St Johnstone/Other)

So who is your favoured choice now that McGhee isn't coming? I'm going to include a poll with the names that I've seen mentioned quite a lot.

It's Billy Davies for me.

maroonlegions

CL orJJ, but has the damage been done by vlad in all his meddling in team affairs , this will not go away and i feel quality managers are just to nervous to come to us.:mad:

Anyone, as long as I like them and I have heard of them!

I'm the same tbh, but my preferred option would be Davies. I think we're all agreed we'd be happy with anyone who isn't part of the pyramid!

WorldChampions1902
Don't care any more.

The purple guy in you Avatar would appear to 'fit' the bill. :rolleyes:

John Findlay

I would still try and tempt Aidy Boothroyd away from Watford. I think he and Hearts could be ideally suited.

John

Craig Levein was always my first choice and I would be on the phone to him today if I was Vlad.

Failing that I wouldn't hesitate to get Jim Jefferies back.

My biggest fear is we will end up with another foreign puppet from Vlads pyramid and very little will change.

Hagar the Horrible

So long as they are Celtic minded......(ops sorry i just had a delusion of austerity!):confused:

Given the choice then in order of realistic to who i want is:

Davis

warnock

Big Sam

JJ

CL

Jose

Arsene

KK

Fabien

Sir Alex

Baxter (just to see if this guy is not a figment):P

bean counter
I would still try and tempt Aidy Boothroyd away from Watford. I think he and Hearts could be ideally suited.

John

Thats my choice but I don't think we would succeed

Went for JJ, but would would love any of the 3 tbh.

I've also fancied Scala as well.

I voted for JJ... not because he is the one I would want the most but he is the one who I think we still have a chance of getting..... For me its looking a little like JJ or bust on the manager front.

http://scotsport.podbean.com

Harry Kinnear

Any body who can restore some pride, decent football and Fortress Tynecastle> Voted Davies, if we get 3 good seasons out of him before McCoist gets found out at Ibrox...

I voted Davies.

I would like Levein too, but that is never going to happen.

That said, i would also be happy with JJ!

I just really hope that we had not put everything on getting McGhee and now we are having to start afresh in our search.

Well, if anyone from Hearts views Kickback then it's pretty clear who they should be looking at!

mundojambo
Billy Davis. CL has done the dirty on us once.

CL didnt do the dirty on us, he saw vlad and ran a mile, and it turned out he was right to do so

Nucky Thompson
CL didnt do the dirty on us, he saw vlad and ran a mile, and it turned out he was right to do so
He ran about 3 months before Vlad came:rolleyes: Allegedly He was doing the dirty on his wife and couldn't get out of town quickly enough:cool: But it's easier just to give Vlad the blame.

Buffalo Bill

Billy Davies, now that MM is out of the running.

I think he would do a fine job.

To be honest, I'd be happy with any decent Scottish or British manager.

I have to say I'm gutted the McGhee thing never worked out.

Buffalo Bill

Maroon 1874
I've said it before and I'll say it again, NEIL WARNOCK.

I hear ye OJ, with you all the way on this one, McGhee would have been good, but for about a month or so I've had my resevations about him and the other wannabe weegie Davis,

They would stick it up HMFC at the slightest glimpse of the OF`s knickers anyway*

*does not make me a vladsheep

FTH

Goose Baxter
So long as they are Celtic minded......(ops sorry i just had a delusion of austerity!):confused:

Given the choice then in order of realistic to who i want is:

Davis

warnock

Big Sam

JJ

CL

Jose

Arsene

KK

Fabien

Sir Alex

Baxter (just to see if this guy is not a figment):P

You would offer the job to me? is this due to my expert managerial experience in football manager?

Cut The Crap

Vladimir Romanov to scramble out of his hole and take his rightful place in the dugout.

Vladimir Romanov to scramble out of his hole and take his rightful place in the dugout.

now that is a nightmare scenario,with little Rodders as his No 2,jeeso and to think that could actually happen:eek:

Rudi Hates Hibees

Voted Davis but failing that I would be happy with Jefferies and Locke as his assistant!

So who is your favoured choice now that McGhee isn't coming? I'm going to include a poll with the names that I've seen mentioned quite a lot.

Not a lot of choice at the moment, all the best ones are in jobs but i'd probably go for Neil Warnock, reluctantly Billy Davies, I wonder why no-one's came in for him though....strange! Maybe they know something we don't?

Only a Game

Since we dont have the five months it takes to persuade someone to leave his current job, lete alone the 8 days it takes to interview him., I suppose we should be looking at someone who doesnt have a club. Billy Davies for me.

The important thing is we MUST get right on to this, THIS week, and get it tied up before 30th June.

Absolute disaster in store for next season IMO if we dont have a manager in the next 4 weeks.

David O'Leary. Experienced and has previous dealing with eccentric chairmen.

oh please no. why do you think he's not working............he's clueless.

Paul Ince.

Shocked to say but I agree with siege.

I do think we are a trophy too late for him though, I suspect he will be on the radar of far more attractive clubs than us. Of all the serious names mentioned in the last six months, Ince, Mikhailichenko, Davies and Warnock were personal choices. Only one of them (IMO) is currently available.

As long as it isn't....

Williamson

Hughes

Boothroyd

Butcher

or a pyramid appointment

I would suggest that the manager need not be British nor have British football experience.

He need only have a good coaching cv, be fluent in English and hate the Hibs from the moment he gets the job.

My choice for manager would be Craig Levein or John Hughes.

Yes, i typed John Hughes.

I would suggest that the manager need not be British nor have British football experience.

He need only have a good coaching cv, be fluent in English and hate the Hibs from the moment he gets the job.

I would agree.

Only a Game
My choice for manager would be Craig Levein or John Hughes.

Yes, i typed John Hughes.

John Hughes ? Is he some obscure English second division manager ?

I'm typing this knowing that you cant possibly be hoping for that Neanderthal retarded lover of Hibernian, hater of Hearts, who can hardly string two words together and thinks tactics are a small minty sweet you get in a plastic box. The John Hughes who manages Falkirk !?!?!?

shaun.lawson
John Hughes ? Is he some obscure English second division manager ?

I'm typing this knowing that you cant possibly be hoping for that Neanderthal retarded lover of Hibernian, hater of Hearts, who can hardly string two words together and thinks tactics are a small minty sweet you get in a plastic box. The John Hughes who manages Falkirk !?!?!?

Funny how Falkirk have improved every single season under him, isn't it? And it may be worth reminding you that John Robertson, not the most articulate guy either, grew up as a lover of Hibernian too - not that it did us any harm when signing him!

Mark my words, Hughes has a big future ahead of him: he's a very promising young manager.

Vlad should go all out and get neil warnock,he will get these non triers and those who dont care about playing for the jerseys sorted out and put a bit of fight back in the the team:pray:

shaun.lawson

By order of preference, and bearing in mind that Levein won't join us, and we don't have a cat in hell's chance of getting Ince (whose next move will almost certainly be to an ambitious Championship club, or maybe even a struggling EPL one):

Jim Jefferies

Billy Davies

John Hughes

Steve Clarke

Ian Holloway

Martin Allen

I'd be ok, though not exactly shouting from the rooftops, with any of the above. However, I would not be ok with:

Gordon Chisholm

Billy Reid

Peter Grant

Stephen Frail

Another recruitment from the axis of gash.

I thank you.

Not Davies. He always seems to be complaining and have a chip on his shoulder about not getting the breaks. He couldn't stand it at Hearts and I couldn't stand his greeting face.

Craig Levein won't leave Dundee United at the moment because of the emotional strain in would put on him due to Eddie Thomson's medical condition.

I'm not sure about Billy Davies. I've got the feeling he would be up and away once a suitable offer for his services came in from England.

The club ( and Romanov) need to re-build their credibility. We need a long period of tranquility and the headlines being made on the football field and not off it. To that end surely what we need just now is Jeffries back for a couple of years with a groomed successor as his assistant. This would allow the manager (and his successor) to really build for the future. What we don't need is another fiasco which would make it even harder in the future to attract quality players and quality staff to the club.

Personally, I'm quite happy the MM declined the job - if his heart wasn't in it - he's not what we need.

Archived