Ryan McGowan

alicante jambo

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Real Maroonblood

Slapping wee Sam in the nuts was literally below the belt though!!

He played well in a very poor united side.

As I said on another thread out of the Joey Barton School of Muppets.

I like Ryan McGowan and would be a useful squad player. Certainly would enhance our squad options as well as bring an excellent attitude to the squad.

However Patterson for me is far superior in all aspects of the game.

Paterson might end up playing centre half but its not really a comparing of right back and centre half.

I was never that impressed by McGowan at Hearts. I don't know if that is McGowan settled as centre half for Dundee United now or he was just covering.

Jambof3tornado

As I said on another thread out of the Joey Barton School of Muppets.

Not really. Bit of banter between pals. No more no less.

Limited ability is as nice as you could put it. Paterson will be a much better player than him once he improves defensively, he is already better than McGowan in all other aspects. Strange that anyone would want him back as I don't think he would get a game.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Limited ability is as nice as you could put it. Paterson will be a much better player than him once he improves defensively, he is already better than McGowan in all other aspects. Strange that anyone would want him back as I don't think he would get a game.

He'd get a game alright. The guy is a very good player at this level. I liked him at Hearts, but he has grown a lot since, as you would expect when a player plays against guys like Sterling in European ties and looks good against Holland in the World Cup.

The Real Maroonblood

Not really. Bit of banter between pals. No more no less.

Of course it is.

Anyone else people would be over it like a rash.

He's really not played at centre half that much. Therea been a lot said recently about centre halves re Scotland, Jordan McGhee not being ready etc - a lot of debate re centre halves taking longer to develop.

Maybe Ryan is just at the start of finally developing as the centre half people said years ago is his position.

As things stand, McGowan is miles ahead of Paterson. Paterson is younger and will no doubt keep improving and play at a higher level though.

RM is obviously the (much) more experienced of the two but Paterson is clearly the better footballer and more versatile. Nothing against RM but Paterson simply offers more , even at this early stage of his career , and will hopefully go on to greater things.

kingantti1874

Limited ability is as nice as you could put it. Paterson will be a much better player than him once he improves defensively, he is already better than McGowan in all other aspects. Strange that anyone would want him back as I don't think he would get a game.

Why are we all so sure Paterson will improve defensively? He's not that young and he's had a lot of games? I'm not entirely convinced he will ever be a right back... More a right sided midfielder.. He's better going forward that's gowser and has all the attributes to be a better player but he isn't at this precise moment

ChunkyCharlie

He's really not overrated.

Won the Scottish cup with a Hearts team that had the best defence in Scotland, and has played at a World Cup against the likes of Robben, Xavi and Sanchez.

Paterson is pretty much a younger version and will get to that level one day. McGowan's a better player but they're both extremely athletic footballers.

He hates Hibs too.

You really do talk some shite! How did we have the best defence in Scotland? Seriously?

You really do talk some shite! How did we have the best defence in Scotland? Seriously?

The Zal and Webster partnership had a fantastic defensive record

Excluding Celtic and Rangers,we conceded the least goals that season. Just stating the facts.

ChunkyCharlie

The Zal and Webster partnership had a fantastic defensive record

Yes I agree however he didn't say partnership.

ChunkyCharlie

Excluding Celtic, we conceded the least goals that season. Just stating the facts.

And Rangers? And 1 less than Motherwell? Hardly best defence in Scotland though. Good but let's be realistic.

Bungalow Bill

I'd take Gowser back in a heart beat. I'd play him centre half, it would also be good to have someone seriously challenging Paterson too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bungalow Bill

Just me that thought he was a torn faced moaning **** on Sunday then? :lol:

Think so. I was at the game and thought he acted like any other centre half.

Think so. I was at the game and thought he acted like any other centre half.

Was at the game too in the lower section and I just felt like he was unecessarily getting involved with everything, trying to get our players in trouble, moaning at the ref all the time. Very clever though because he had Juanma biting every time.

He'd walk into our side and probably be my pick for captain.

Very good player.

All about opinions. Imo he wouldn't get anywhere near a fullback or central defensive berth for us.

Thankfully we've moved forward.

Slapping wee Sam in the nuts was literally below the belt though!!

He played well in a very poor united side.

Especially when the last two subs were having to be made.

I love Ryan McGowan's attitude and because of this he has had a very good career so far. He has limited ability and is very slow. Would have him in my team for his effort and desire alone. Paterson for me as way more potential than McGowan had at that age.

Archived