Get Billy Davies NOW !!!!

Eggo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Captain America

May be wrong with this, but heard chelsea backroom staff were being cleared out after Grant left y not give Steve Clarke a go as manager, sure could get him for 350k that we reportedly offered MM. or Grant himself

May be wrong with this, but heard chelsea backroom staff were being cleared out after Grant left y not give Steve Clarke a go as manager, sure could get him for 350k that we reportedly offered MM. or Grant himself

No thanks.

exactly what it says on the tin!!!!

Let's hope it stays in the tin with the lid firmly closed!

crazy_jambo_2006

I don't want Billy Davies. Not good enough (although admittedly better than what we've had lately).

JJ or CL - unless we still can get McGhee obv.

...or failing that, get Steve Clarke now!

I know I've said it before but I've just got a gut feeling it would be a bold appointment and he might well come.

Great coach with something to prove. Has effectively managed the CFC egos this season. On his way to Championship or League 1 top job, but with what we're offering, he may well be interested.

Just a thought.

brellierlegend

I would take Steve Clarke anyday of the week after the experience he must have gained working with JM.

However, I think more realistically we should go for Jefferies. I do not think Hearts are going to be able to have major transfer budgets and I do not think we are going to have massive wage bills much longer so JJ may be the man as he is good at working on a shoestring budget!

FOX HUNT FOR DAVIES

27th May 2008

Billy Davies is ready to turn his back on the maddest job in football at relegated Leicester.

Davies is clear favourite to be offered the chance to become owner Milan Mandaric?s sixth Foxes manager in 15 astonishing months.

But with the clear directive to win two successive promotions and on half the money he earned at Derby, Davies may well give it a swerve.

Mandaric wants to be back in the Premier League in three seasons ? but is actually looking to do it in two and Davies could view it as the job which could severely damage his chances of getting another should it go wrong.

The omens aren?t good. Mandaric has already sent Rob Kelly, Nigel Worthington, Martin Allen, Gary Megson and Ian Holloway through the revolving door at the Walkers Stadium.

Mandaric said: ?This has to be the right decision. It?s the most important one I have had to make.

?The aim is to bounce back to the Championship right away and then go for the Premier League. I had a three-year plan to go to the Premier League ? now it?s a two-year project.?

But with Mandaric only looking to pay around ?250,000 a year, Davies may well see it as too big a risk for too little reward.

But Mandaric added: ?I?m determined to get the right man. The others have not worked out as I would have wanted, but I?m not going to look back ? only forward. That?s the only direction for this club.?

Former Wycombe boss Paul Lambert is also in contention.

Seymour M Hersh
I don't want Billy Davies. Not good enough (although admittedly better than what we've had lately).

JJ or CL - unless we still can get McGhee obv.

Surely his record is at least on a par with McGhee's? Apart from having no history of shafting clubs (a la Steve Bruce).

Seymour M Hersh
NO NO NO BILLY DAVIES NO!!!!!:mad:

Why not? What is the massive difference between him and Mark McGhee?

Why not? What is the massive difference between him and Mark McGhee?

Davies has had a wee bit more success in England,so I dont really know where they are coming from.

Howzitgawn?

Darth Sidious

Billy Davies, has been waiting in the Balmoral for the call. He has achieved more in the English game than McGhee ever has and he definitely is not waiting it out for less money at a smaller club for the Celtic gig.

Seymour M Hersh
Billy Davies, has been waiting in the Balmoral for the call. He has achieved more in the English game than McGhee ever has and he definitely is not waiting it out for less money at a smaller club for the Celtic gig.

What's he doing in a boozer in Dalry road?:confused:

He has too much of the Tommy McLean about him for my liking:p

He's always struck me as a kind of sad parody of Moyes. Total arrogance without real results.

He has too much of the Tommy McLean about him for my liking:p

I agree. I just don't like him.

A mate of mine at work is a Preston fan and he raves about him though...

Billy Davies would be a good choice. Two successful spells in England, and good knowledge of both the Scottish game and the lower leagues in England, where there are plenty of bargains to be found. It doesn't matter whether you like the manager or not, if he brings success then that's all that matters...if you like him then that's a bonus!!!

Steve Clarke would be great, can't see it though, he might be outwith Romanov's budget now with the silly money that's being thrown around down south.

Billy Davies - no thanks. For the money he's wanting we'd be better off with a young manager from the SFL IMO.

exactly what it says on the tin!!!!

And what if he doesn't want to come either.

The pyramid is still waiting to be unleashed.

For those that don't want Billy Davies, how about Steve Frail?

Thought not :rolleyes:

I'll take anyone with a bit of experience who speaks english at the moment.

At the outset I always wanted Davies more than MM who must be showing loyalty to a club for the first time in his career. End the cringe worthy chase for MM and appoint Davies now.

Anyone wanting Davies can forget it,for the Scotland job he wanted full control of everything with his own staff,like the dictator is going to allow that

Is this the same Billy Davies that Motherwell fans were happy to get rid off? It's a shame Hearts didn't fight for Neil Warnock when they had a chance, typical of us, if we don't lose out on promising players, we lose out on potentially good managers! We'll probably end up with some no-mark eastern european again! I hated the thought of Billy Davies when his name first came up last season, i don't know if it's worth giving him a chance or not, I'm undecided, desperation maybe?

I can't believe that people wouldn't want Billy Davies, especially some of the comments about him not being good enough. He was excellent in the Championship with Preston and Derby and that's the sort of level we're at right now.

Ok Derby got humped in the Premiership but I have heard it mentioned he actually has a better record than his successor Paul Jewell (and in less games!).

I'd take him in a flash.

ToadKiller Dog

Get him in now ,is a bit over the top ,would hope at least he is one of the potential names put forward ,when the taking heads get together to plot there next move.

Buffalo Bill

Davies was my second choice after McGhee.

Now he is my first.

I'm gutted about McGhee, but I'd be delighted if we got Davies now.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

I read on here a while back some quotes from a player at Davies' time at Preston.

He spoke very highly of Billy Davies' methods.

Buffalo Bill

Pistol1874

I would take Billy Davies. Good manager and a victim of his own success at Derby.

His way of talking about Billy Davies as a third person also makes it feel like two managers for the price of one.

Preference now is Jefferies, Robbo and Locke though (like the hun set up). Just a thought too; if we got Levein we could probably look forward to cheering him back into the dug out about December by the time the GFA have punished his honesty. We need someone who can influence things properly from the outset, I don't want next season starting or ending like the last one.

Preference now is Jefferies, Robbo and Locke though (like the hun set up).

I know it's a bit sentimental but I wouldn't be too unhappy with that.

Only a Game
THAT'S SHEER DESPERATION IMHO!!!!

True, but I think we are now desperate, or pretty close to it.

I've never actually liked the boy on a personal level (too much of a wee moaning Weegie gobsheeite for my liking) but he does have an impressive record.

A poor second to McGhee in my opinion but heard from a reliable source Vlad had paid him a retainer some months ago not to take another post until the end of the season. Hedging his bets, presumably. We'll see.

Do The Dance
Davies was my second choice after McGhee.

Now he is my first.

I'm gutted about McGhee, but I'd be delighted if we got Davies now.

Buffalo Bill

You are speaking my mind there, it is exactly the way I feel on the matter.

Go Davies. ;)

I've never actually liked the boy on a personal level (too much of a wee moaning Weegie gobsheeite for my liking) but he does have an impressive record.

My main worry is he'd sign Stephen Pearson :(

He's probably better than half of our team right enough.

Do The Dance
My main worry is he'd sign Stephen Pearson :(

He's probably better than half of our team right enough.

Ugly as anything, but would be a very, very good signing for us right now.

Ugly as anything, but would be a very, very good signing for us right now.

Pearson is very ugly. That can't be denied. I don't think he's as good as Andy Driver can be though.

My concern is BD would now be a very public 2nd choice. I am not sure he would come now. He many fancy another go at the championship. Think he would do a decent job though and likely be the best of the candidates.

Only a Game
Pearson is very ugly. That can't be denied. I don't think he's as good as Andy Driver can be though.

As much as I dislike religion being brought into football, and as much as I despise sectarianism on both sides, and especially our side. A man who repeatedly shouted "IRA" into a microphone will play for Hearts only in my absence.

Rudolf's Mate

I think maybe that's it on the head for me.... I can't stand the man! He's right up there with Danny McGrain for me!!!

Ray Winstone

I would take Billy Davies in a heartbeat.

Would have probably favoured him over MM - origionaly.

Rudolf's Mate
As much as I dislike religion being brought into football, and as much as I despise sectarianism on both sides, and especially our side. A man who repeatedly shouted "IRA" into a microphone will play for Hearts only in my absence.

Not one for posted twice in a row, but is this true??? I've always like Pearson as a player however if this is true I hope he gets shipped off to Baghdad!

Only a Game
Not one for posted twice in a row, but is this true??? I've always like Pearson as a player however if this is true I hope he gets shipped off to Baghdad!

I'm sure if you dig around You Tube or the like, you'll find the evidence.

Archived