Get Billy Davies NOW !!!!

Eggo

Hawick Jambo

Please not BD, yet another OF apologist who would be off to the Huns if they ever considered him decent enough to appointment, which they don't.

Am I the only one who see BD as a younger cross between Tommy Maclean and Craig Brown ? (Shiver)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buffalo Bill

Come on Vlad, you know it makes sense.

Billy Davies for manager!

Buffalo Bill

Come on Vlad, you know it makes sense.

Billy Davies for manager!

Buffalo Bill

Get that in your signature below QPR, someone from Hearts might take notice!

My oldmans very anti-BD but id take him ahead of CL or JJ & BB.

Get the finger oot Vlad and get him signed.

Victor Meldrew

I'd take Davies now. I'd have preferred McGhee, but Davies is probably the best candidate for us at the moment.

He did very well in the Championship (unlike a certain Mr Levein!) and I think would do a good job for us. OK, so he's a Hun, but so was Doddie.

I wouldn't want Steve Clarke as our manager. Neither, I suspect, would anyone else at Dens on 3rd May 1986. Nobody in that team of St. Mirren cheats should be allowed within a country mile of Tynecastle.

I'd take Davies now. I'd have preferred McGhee, but Davies is probably the best candidate for us at the moment.

He did very well in the Championship (unlike a certain Mr Levein!) and I think would do a good job for us. OK, so he's a Hun, but so was Doddie.

I wouldn't want Steve Clarke as our manager. Neither, I suspect, would anyone else at Dens on 3rd May 1986. Nobody in that team of St. Mirren cheats should be allowed within a country mile of Tynecastle.

Couldn't agree more.

Rod.

I don't want Billy Davies. Not good enough (although admittedly better than what we've had lately).

JJ or CL - unless we still can get McGhee obv.

Did you want McGhee?

Davies achievements more than stand up to anything McGhee has achieved!

Davies got a PReston into the play-offs on a shoe string budget and got Derby up on a small budget too. Wasn't given the financial backing going up and Derby were obviously going to struggle!

Ask the Derby and Preston fans what they think of Davies.

Ask the Leicester, Wolves, Brighton fans what they think of MCghee!

It's a simple choice. You don't need to ask a club for permission to speak to him, you don't need to offer compensation. All you have to do is get in touch with his agent and organise a meeting, it shouldn't take more than a few days.

I'm sure I seen somewhere that he was going to Everton as Assistant. I am not sure what is the more desirable prospect for him.

May be wrong with this, but heard chelsea backroom staff were being cleared out after Grant left y not give Steve Clarke a go as manager, sure could get him for 350k that we reportedly offered MM. or Grant himself

Both prefearable to Billy Davies IMHO :cool:

I'll take anyone with a bit of experience who speaks english at the moment.

That rules Davies out then!!!

Seriously tho, I'd definately take BD.

Greedy_Jambo

I don't want really want davies. I don't really want a manager who was sacked from his last job.

We need someone that has a proven record.

I don't want really want davies. I don't really want a manager who was sacked from his last job.

Most managers in the world would have been sacked at Derby. He done well at Derby until the board didn't back him when they won promotion.

He's got a good record and he speaks his mind.

Greedy_Jambo

Well i'll take your word for that.

What happens when he dissagree's with the hearts board though? vlad will have his head and we'l be back to square one.

My first choice was Craig Levein and still is, although i didn't like what he said in the paper today.

Only a Game

If we get a manager in who hasnt been sacked before, he'll more than likely not be experienced enough for the job.

Well i'll take your word for that.

What happens when he dissagree's with the hearts board though? vlad will have his head and we'l be back to square one.

My first choice was Craig Levein and still is, although i didn't like what he said in the paper today.

I doubt he'd disagree, he didn't at Derby and just got on with the job. I remember watching the game when Derby won promotion and I liked what he was all about, he can talk a good game.

You'd probably have to hear the audio of what Levein said, he could have been laughing when he said it's a pain. Eddie Thompson gave him a DoF role and put him on the board to try and keep him longer IMO. It'll be a tough choice for him, he's built up a relationship with Eddie Thompson who probably only has a few months left to live and his favourite club are after him to manage them with a great offer.

Now, that probably is a pain in the @rse!

Greedy_Jambo

My da's just told me the headline on tonights news is "shock return for craig levein"

he's saying it should be on bbc 1 at 6.45. :)

hopefully its not all the stuff we've already heard.

I would take Billy Davies in a heartbeat.

Would have probably favoured him over MM - origionaly.

That makes two of us!

Buffalo Bill

A very close poll on The Terrace has Billy Davies (116) just four behind Craig Levein (120).

JJ well behind in third.

Buffalo Bill

Pants Shaton
A very close poll on The Terrace has Billy Davies (116) just four behind Craig Levein (120).

JJ well behind in third.

Buffalo Bill

I think those voting in the poll are also considering who is more likely to accept the job. Levein won't - otherwise he'd be miles ahead.

Davies just doesn't impress me. Guys like McGhee, Levein and Burley present themselves well and come across as articulate and intelligent. Davies, by comparison, seems like a wee Weegie ned who got lucky.

Buffalo Bill
I think those voting in the poll are also considering who is more likely to accept the job. Levein won't - otherwise he'd be miles ahead.

Davies just doesn't impress me. Guys like McGhee, Levein and Burley present themselves well and come across as articulate and intelligent. Davies, by comparison, seems like a wee Weegie ned who got lucky.

He record in the Championship is more impressive than his persona, granted.

I think he went to Preston and Derby and made them good teams, building a good atmosphere at both clubs. I also think he was perhaps a victim of his own success at Derby.

Weegie Ned or not, if he did the business at Hearts, would that bother you?

I have to say I could live with it.

Buffalo Bill

No Nonsense

I think he went to Preston and Derby and made them good teams, building a good atmosphere at both clubs. I also think he was perhaps a victim of his own success at Derby.

Buffalo Bill

Spot on buddy. He paid the price for making Derby too good too quickly. He prematurely got them to the Premiership and they were like a fish out of water. I'd take BD- any similar speedy rezerection of Hearts would be more than welcomed!

Fourcandles
Did you want McGhee?

Davies achievements more than stand up to anything McGhee has achieved!

Davies got a PReston into the play-offs on a shoe string budget and got Derby up on a small budget too. Wasn't given the financial backing going up and Derby were obviously going to struggle!

Ask the Derby and Preston fans what they think of Davies.

Ask the Leicester, Wolves, Brighton fans what they think of MCghee!

I agree, however his 'unfortunate' personality is seen by many Hearts fans as more important than the on field results achieved.

For me his overall career record is better than McGee and therefore a better candidate.

:cool:

Buffalo Bill

At Preston did he not just take over from where Broon left off, and achieved little. Does anybody know exactly what he has achieved as a manager, certainly at Motherwell there was nothing to write home about.

Billy Davies's managerial career

Team From To Games Won Lost Drawn

Derby 02-06-2006 26-11-2007 P69 31 24 14

Preston 29-08-2004 02-06-2006 101 45 21 35

well 14-10-1998 18-09-2001 123 41 51 31

Charlie-Brown

Davies would be my personal least favoured choice, I think he's a good enough manager but I just don't think he's a HEARTS manager......

Boaby Ewing
Davies would be my personal least favoured choice, I think he's a good enough manager but I just don't think he's a HEARTS manager......

Why not?

I think he'd fit the bill quite nicely.

portobellojambo1
My concern is BD would now be a very public 2nd choice.

Does that not potentially cover whoever may be considered for, or is considering, the job though Dazo, on their part there will be an element of "it wasn't really me they wanted but.......".

I haven't really checked into Billy Davies' managerial record in any sort of depth, so have no idea if he would be the correct choice, but I suspect we may be getting to the stage where beggars cannot be chosers.

I don't imagine he has even been considered, not honestly sure he would even consider us, but I look back at the time Sam Allardyce spent at Bolton, and someone like that, not necessarily him, is the sort of person I see as being needed by HMFC just now. He pulled in a lot of players from the continent who I hadn't really heard of, mixed them up with some experienced pro's and got the very best out of them.

Charlie-Brown
Why not?

I think he'd fit the bill quite nicely.

Maybe I can't get past thinking he's a wee hun scrote who I don't like very much....that apart I do concede he's a decent enough football manager :)

Buffalo Bill

Is Billy Davies favourite to get the job?

Buffalo Bill

Charlie-Brown
Everytime I look at Bill Davies I think of Tommy McLean.

400x400_BillyDaviesNew.jpg_969744_mclean300.jpg

Yes me too.....both ex-Rangers players (& fans), both ex-Motherwell managers.....both quite good managers at other clubs - not certain they are our sort though.

Boaby Ewing
Maybe I can't get past thinking he's a wee hun scrote who I don't like very much....that apart I do concede he's a decent enough football manager :)

Ha, fair enough - I can't really disagree with your description, but I'd still take him.

With Osama bin Laden taking pre-season training if needs be.

Drylaw Hearts
Yes me too.....both ex-Rangers players (& fans), both ex-Motherwell managers.....both quite good managers at other clubs - not certain they are our sort though.

Our sort ?

;)

Charlie-Brown
Our sort ?

;)

Yes 'our sort' Jeffries, Levein, Robertson, Mackay, H.Smith, Locke, Pressley, Frail, etc etc HEARTS men.

Patrick Bateman

I have a bad, bad feeling about Billy Davies. If he wasn't a football manager, you'd expect him to hang around Queen Street station in a shell suit, asking random folk for "bus money".

LarrysRightFoot

Billy Davies is my number 1 choice for manager and has been from the start.

Not that this means anything but although I would have taken McGhee i just couldnt picture him as hearts manager in my head. I can with Davies though and i think he would be like a breath of fresh air at Tynecastle. Also if we got him (and kept him for a reseasonalbe period of time) it would defenitly show that Vlad has changed.

Charlie-Brown
I have a bad, bad feeling about Billy Davies. If he wasn't a football manager, you'd expect him to hang around Queen Street station in a shell suit, asking random folk for "bus money".

ten boab fur wur buz ferr?

You'd think being a good businessman :rolleyes: that Romanov would see the best option available and that is Billy Davies. No need to approach a club and no compensation needed, and he's probably the best candidate.

Cant see it anywhere else so apologies if has been posted, but BD is now favourite for the Leicster job........Mandriac or Romanov...hobsons choice if ever there was one:)

vegas-voss
Cant see it anywhere else so apologies if has been posted, but BD is now favourite for the Leicster job........Mandriac or Romanov...hobsons choice if ever there was one:)

Darren Feguson knocked Leciester back saying how would i want that job they have been through 6 managers in about 2 years.I think Davies may feel the same if not he must be desperate and if he can be tempted to work with Mandaric in league 1 then surely he could be tempted to work at Hearts.

On a personal level, I really can't stand Billy Davies - something to do with that horrible weegie voice...

However, from the limited knowledge I have of English football, it seems he has done well down south, so may well be a good candidate.

As has been said above, it wouldn't matter that I don't like him, if he starts delivering results...

Guest casper
Billy Davies is my number 1 choice for manager and has been from the start.

Not that this means anything but although I would have taken McGhee i just couldnt picture him as hearts manager in my head. I can with Davies though and i think he would be like a breath of fresh air at Tynecastle. Also if we got him (and kept him for a reseasonalbe period of time) it would defenitly show that Vlad has changed.

Davis would be my first choice too.

I see him as similar to Burley having spent a lot of time at similar top of the Championship/bottom of the EPL clubs. I think he could have a similar impact at Burley and would do a great job at Tynie.

I can't believe some of the ridiculous reasons being given on here for why we should overlook Davies. "He sounds like a ned", "he looks like Tommy McLean". Quite frankly who cares? The ONLY thing that matters is his record as a manager. And that stands up very well against any of the other candidates being discussed. I'm afraid we're not in a position to be as picky as some people seem to think. If we don't move fast for Davies someone else will and I think in 6 months time we'll regret it.

I can't believe some of the ridiculous reasons being given on here for why we should overlook Davies. "He sounds like a ned", "he looks like Tommy McLean". Quite frankly who cares? The ONLY thing that matters is his record as a manager. And that stands up very well against any of the other candidates being discussed. I'm afraid we're not in a position to be as picky as some people seem to think. If we don't move fast for Davies someone else will and I think in 6 months time we'll regret it.

Your 100% correct although his weegie voice does do my head in.

Wee point here though and I posted this before. On checking wiki which I presume is accurate on this occasion, he has only had three jobs. Well, Preston and Derby and after leaving well in 2001 he did not take up the PNE job for three years so what did he do in between? Incidentally did he not manage and leave well when Boyle placed the club into administration? Anyway he gained the Derby job after doing fairly well at Preston but then after going up with derby contributed to them going down although after seeing how they faired after he left you couldnt just blame him. Point is there is no great pedigree really but his experience to date and the fact he has managed in both scotland and England would suggest he is worth a chance taken on him. The bigger question would be is he still really interested cos when unemployed managers start knocking us back we KNOW we are in trouble.

Your 100% correct although his weegie voice does do my head in.

Wee point here though and I posted this before. On checking wiki which I presume is accurate on this occasion, he has only had three jobs. Well, Preston and Derby and after leaving well in 2001 he did not take up the PNE job for three years so what did he do in between? Incidentally did he not manage and leave well when Boyle placed the club into administration? Anyway he gained the Derby job after doing fairly well at Preston but then after going up with derby contributed to them going down although after seeing how they faired after he left you couldnt just blame him. Point is there is no great pedigree really but his experience to date and the fact he has managed in both scotland and England would suggest he is worth a chance taken on him. The bigger question would be is he still really interested cos when unemployed managers start knocking us back we KNOW we are in trouble.

If he knocked us back then things would look pretty grim. Unless of course it was because he had something else lined up. But at least that way it wouldn't have to be played out in the papers. We need to ensure that we don't get another public KB in the way we did with McGhee. Or we will be even more of a laughing stock than we already are. Having said that though. It's not my main reason for favouring Davies. I still think his record is at least as good as Levein's or Jefferies. I do tend to think that managers who have done well in the championship are the way to go. As IMHO if you take the OF out of the equation I think the championship is a higher standard than the SPL.

I would take Billy Davies in a heartbeat.

Would have probably favoured him over MM - origionaly.

Me too.:)

record as manager

little over 40% success rate

Managerial stats

As of 17 November 2007.

Team Nat From To Record

G W L D Win %

Motherwell October 14, 1998 September 18, 2001 123 41 51 31 33.33

Preston North End August 29, 2004 June 2, 2006 101 45 21 35 44.55

Derby County June 2, 2006 November 26, 2007 68 31 20 15 45.58

Overall October 14, 1998 Present 292 117 95 81 40.06

Jam Tarts 1874

Here is Billy Davies again asking for that 'phone call from today's Evening News:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/-Billy-Davies-admits-hes.4131318.jp

By BARRY ANDERSON

BILLY DAVIES would welcome discussions with Hearts about the managerial vacancy at Tynecastle.

Davies stressed today that he has not applied for the position but is open to an approach from the Edinburgh club following the collapse of their move for Mark McGhee earlier this week.

Out of work since leaving Derby County last November, the 43ADVERTISEMENT-year-old hankers after a return to football and is keen on the prospect of revitalising Hearts' fortunes next season. He told the Evening News: "I would be very keen to listen to Hearts. That applies to any club because, out of courtesy, I would listen to any club at whatever level. If it was right, the terms were right and the club was right, then, of course, I would consider it.

"My track record speaks for itself. I've got no intention of applying for the Hearts job or any other job. People know what my record is and they know what type of manager I am. My pedigree is quite clear, they (Hearts] either want that type of manager or they want something different.

"If any interested party wants to speak to me, I will listen to them and then make a judgement from there. At the moment there has been no contact from Hearts. I'm very open-minded. I have no preference as to where the next job may lie, whether it's Scotland, England or abroad.

"I'm happy to listen to what people would have to say and only once I sit down and look at the club, the people at the club and the whole package would I make a judgement on my future."

Davies, who managed in the SPL for three years with Motherwell, led unfancied Derby into the English Premier League a year ago. He left just six months later after criticising the board for lack of investment in the squad.

He has recently been linked with the managerial position at Leicester City as well as a possible move to Everton as David Moyes' assistant.

"There has been contact from other people with regards to possible jobs coming up and possible new adventures for me," continued Davies. "I don't intend to dive into anything. I'll take my time and make sure my next move is a very good career move for Billy Davies."

marshallschunkychicken

He'll consider any job, but won't demean himself to apply to any job?

And he speaks about himself in the third person.

What an arrogant t***pot.

:sad:

Archived