What are the "must visit" stadiums in the world?

Sydney

Watt-Zeefuik

Would love to go to the Azteca some day.

Aside from that many of those mentioned: Anfield, San Siro, Nou Camp, Westfalonstadion.

Camp Nou - been there! :)

One thing that sticks out is a picture in the museum of the day Rangers won the Cup Winner's Cup (yes it was there!). I speak pigeon Spanish but the caption underneath was simple to interpret:

"The day Glasgow Rangers wrecked the Nou Camp!"

Catholic hating team at the World's biggest catholic club? Shock horror.

?Hated by everyone, then as now!

It would have been funny if it hadn't already been done.

who said it was ment to be funny

who said it was ment to be funny

:D

Not me. :o

Dalkeith Jambo

Been to the camp nou but it was just the tour so was empty. A bit run down looking but still very impressive due to its size.

Always wanted to do a few city breaks and take in some games at the major european stadiums. Will get round to doing this one day!

Simon Inglis 1990 book 'The football grounds of Europe' is a great read if you're interested in stadia for social / historical / engineering stories, although an update is sorely needed. I like Rennes stadium myself. Changed a lot between 94 and 04. From tarpaulin roofs that made a racket in the rain, to wooden cantilever beams now. Never seen either those things anywhere else. 

End of the day, it's only exciting and meaningful when it's Hearts on the pitch though!

Archived