What are the "must visit" stadiums in the world?

Sydney

Ok, so it is stadia for the picky, but which stadiums are the "must visit" ones?

For me (in the UK only) they include:

Tynecastle (Edinburgh)

Celtic Park (Glasgow)

Old Trafford (Manchester)

Millennium Stadium (Cardiff)

Wembley (London)

Anfield (Liverpool)

St James Park (Newcastle)

Where else is a "must visit"?

Parc Des Princes

Allianz Arena

Nou Camp

Juventus new stadium

Galatasaray

alicante jambo

Bernabau is a must never seen anything like it.The new camp is nice aswell.Tynecastle worth a visit cracking wee stadium which according to a lot of professional players is the best stadium to play in for atmosphere.

Goldstone Wonder

The Guiseppe Meazza (San Siro) is in dire need of a refurb but it's pretty special. In terms of size it makes Celtic Park look like Brockville.

jamtartan74

Never been, but San Siro would be on my list of stadiums I'd love to visit.

its nice to look at but it was a dump inside it when I went with scotland a good few year back.

Buffalo Bill

Bernabau is amazing, breathtaking.

Would love to sit in the back row of Valencia's Mestalla stadium too, the steep stand that runs the length of the pitch.

Away from football, there are a couple of mind-boggling NFL stadia. 

Been to a few good ones

Tynecastle, Maracana, Nou Camp, Anfield, Estadio De Luz,Millenium, Wembley,Hampden,

The Maracana? For the history of the place if nothing else.

I was pretty underwhelmed by it. Atmosphere was a little flat. Someone did get shot as we left the stadium, mind.

La Bonbonera was an amazing experience, though.

Signal Iduna (Dortmund) also, went to a derby match v Schalke, it was immense.

This. The Westfalenstadion (I dont like the new name) is one of the worlds greatest. Not just the stadium, but the whole matchday experience is incredible

Been mentioned a few times but dortmunds stadium really is incredible, Azteca in Mexico city is something else as well!

Would love to sit in the back row of Valencia's Mestalla stadium too, the steep stand that runs the length of the pitch.

I've recently sat near the back row in one of the corners there, atmosphere was amazing and I'm hoping I can see a champions league Tie next season

After going to a Scotland game in the San Siro in 2005 or so, it got the wow factor for me.

Best stadium I've been in.

jimmy the jambo

As much as it pains me to say it seeing I also support Liverpool,I really like the Emirates (Arsenal),the supporter facility's are second to none & nothing we can dream about in Scotland,as someone else said the Bernabau,never seen 10's of thousands of supporters at a ground two hours before a game,I guess the weather helps.

Stade de France - France v Scotland,Faddy goal,only the 19th May 2012 can top it for sheer joy.

I honestly think Tynecastle is up there too,nothing wrong with the old lady for atmosphere etc.

Goldstone Wonder

Going to a game at La Bombonera is something I would love to do.

would love to go to the Boca/River Plate Derby.

Goldstone Wonder

Stade de France - France v Scotland,Faddy goal,only the 19th May 2012 can top it for sheer joy.

It was at The Parc des Princes. What a night that was.

Funnily enough, I thought about San Mames.

Seen it described as the emirates but with atmosphere, sure sid lowe wrote a good piece on it for its first game.

Been to a few over the years but the top two are the Maracana for its vastness and Braga for its bizarreness.

Frank Sidebottom

Done the Maracana twice before it was redone for the World Cup.

San Siro should also be on the list.

Jambos_1874

Bernabeu would be amazing and I am desperate to get there at some point this year.

In terms of non-football terms Fenwy Park is absolutely brilliant and well worth a visit.

Personally I wouldn't say the Parc des Princes is a must visit stadium. Just another soulless concrete bowl, not helped by the fact that Ligue 1 action is usually terminally dull. Probably the best atmosphere it's seen was Scotland's win there. Didn't go to when Hearts played there.

The Stade de France on the other hand despite it's size is much better. Well worth it on big international nights or even for the egg-chasing.

My half sister

Bet Butler stadium

Palmerston

Seriously ~ Olympic Stadium Berlin the old Wembley and Annfield Park, Stirling

jimmy the jambo

It was at The Parc des Princes. What a night that was.

I really should know better seeing I was there,that's for the reminder.

Would love to sit in the back row of Valencia's Mestalla stadium too, the steep stand that runs the length of the pitch.

The Dallas Cowboys stadium looks incredible. Would love to go to a game at one of the big college stadiums too. Michigan gets crowds of over100,000 for some games which would be an amazing experience.

fspkUmV.jpg

The New Inonu (The Vodafone Arena), Besiktas' new stadium.

The stadium apparently cost ?80,000,000 to build, and Besiktas are getting ?145,000,000 for naming rights (though this included shirt sponsorship etc,). Basically it's already paid for itself almost twice over.

Central park

Cliftonhill

Gayfield

It would have been funny if it hadn't already been done.

Boco Juniors is like the old Tynecastle, only more so. So steep and compact, is unbelievable. Even when empty ...

Monaco's Stade Louis II is extremely impressive.

Really? I suppose because it just never looks full.

Been to the bernabeu, old trafford, nou camp and stade de France.

Stade de france is the best for facilities by a mile, but it's located in dodge city.

The bernabeu however is just awesome, even if real did lose to getafe. Not sure why the top tier needs heaters though.

Would love to do la bombanera

I suppose it depends what you are visiting a stadium for.

If its for a game atmosphere then some are better than others.. if its for the 'beauty' of a stadium then again they can differ.

The Allianz arena in Munich with its full colour changing exterior is an excellent stadium.

Santiago Bernabeu in Madrid needs no real explanation as does the Camp Nou in Barcelona though that needs some refurbishment.

Wembley, San Siro and the Emirates are nice to visit.

On the right match day Anfield is terrific for atmosphere and it will be interesting to see what the rebuilding brings.. looks a huge size increase with the building behind the current stand well underway and the clearance of a lot of the surrounding housing.

Been to Athens and Olympiakos stadium inside is great on a match day but lots of waste ground outside so not that impressive as a stadium.

Twickenham as a stadium was great as is the Millenium stadium in Cardiff and its location helps too.

Of course watching Hearts in places like the Parc de Princes and the Olympic stadium in Munich never mind Feyenoord have the personal memories as well

Emirates is good tbf, went there for Scotland v Brazil. Decent.

Wembley was good but I can't really remember much of it haha.

Been to NFL in Jacksonville and in Tampa. Both excellent stadiums and a brilliant day out.

Was at the Bernabeu for a Real, Athletico derby at the hight of the Galacticos, sat not far from Posh, albeit she was in a glass box in the corner. Awesome stadium although you end up ankle deep in nut shells that every second person seemed to be scoffing all game. Doing the stadium tour the following day they had squads of guys out hoovering them all up.

Was at the Camp Nou when Barcalona played Real Madrid, also an awesome stadium

Anfield watching Liverpool play Man Utd, wasn't too impressed, had a big pole blocking my view

But everytime I'm sat watching not really giving a toss what the scores going to be

Give me Tynecastle everytime, even against a Livi or Dumbarton, at least then the result means something

Archived