who is your favourite 3 hearts players that you have seen playing

wattie exploited

Bert Le Clos

I still stand by my earlier picks, but we have had some ******* tremendous players, it really is hard to pick just 3

Particularly left backs and centre halfs.

McKinlay, Pointon, Naysmith, Fyssas, Levein, McPherson, McLaren, Ritchie, Pressley, Webster.... and that's just ones that I've seen.

I've always been amazed how we've never really had right backs to match the rest of our defence.  I suppose Frail and Locke might have go onto be great players for us had it not been for injuries.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bowmans_Boot

For what I've seen (born 70). 1 Drew Busby, I started watching Hearts when I was a bairn, Buzz was the man. 2. John Robertson, wow that is the best finisher I have ever seen. bar none! 3. Craig Levein, best compete footballer I've seen

Superb post :)  Agree completely - Robbo is the best natural finisher I have ever seen and Craig Levein is quite simply the greatest, most naturally gifted player I have ever seen play at Tynecastle - and that includes Keegan, the Bayern side, Larsson, Laudrup etc etc   He had so much talent it was unbelievable.  

Robbo, Rudi, Cameron

Hartley, JC and Levein  just miss out.

Same except it would be Robbo, Cameron and then Rudi for me.

avhudtheteeshirt

My picks are: Craig Levein, great football brain.

John Robertson, great goal scorer.

Jim Cruikshank, made the impossible look easy.

Others that were left out like Bannon, I played along side him when he was young and he could read a game. John Colquhoun he would get knocked down and always got up for more. Willie Hamilton was a magician with the ball at his feet. Rudi Skacel played for fun and goals. There are plenty more, but they are my top three.

Colin Cameron.

Colin Cameron.

Colin Cameron.

There's been lots of great players, Robbo, Rudi, JC, but Mickey is the only one that I've ever really idolised.

andyscott82

Robbo and Rudi are nailed on for my top 2. Number 3 is harder to pick - guys like McCann, Hartley and Mickey all warrant it but I'm going with Crabbe. I remember throwing a major tantrum when I heard we'd sold him to United. I even think back in my early years I would have picked him over Robbo!

Robbie Neilson

Particularly left backs and centre halfs.

McKinlay, Pointon, Naysmith, Fyssas, Levein, McPherson, McLaren, Ritchie, Pressley, Webster.... and that's just ones that I've seen.

I've always been amazed how we've never really had right backs to match the rest of our defence.  I suppose Frail and Locke might have go onto be great players for us had it not been for injuries.

Spot on. So many classy defenders

Goalies too. Gordon, Niemi, Kello and now Alexander

Punks No Deid

Superb post :)  Agree completely - Robbo is the best natural finisher I have ever seen and Craig Levein is quite simply the greatest, most naturally gifted player I have ever seen play at Tynecastle - and that includes Keegan, the Bayern side, Larsson, Laudrup etc etc   He had so much talent it was unbelievable.  

Was talking about Hearts players BB.. stick to topic eh?, we all know you have a different agenda

Bowmans_Boot

Was talking about Hearts players BB.. stick to topic eh?, we all know you have a different agenda

Unsure if joking........  

In  these threads I feel sure I am consistent in saying Jimmy Brown, it would be more than proper and acceptable if someone said you have changed the other two frequently on similar threads. As a boy my reponses would have been Bobby Baxter, Tommy McSpadyen, upon whom I bestowed all credit for my slide tackle ability, Tommy Mackenzie had his moments in my choices, but when I got to know the man in his shop in Station Road Duddingston my mind changed dramatically.  Of course who as a supporter of the fifties team would not mention that whole team, imagine leaving either Conn, Bauld or Wardhaugh off any list, in my latter years I did and still do admire Pressley as a footballer and team captain, Craig Gordon, and Niemi get there also, but my personal legends over close to seventy years are too many to list in any favorites poll.

Robertson. Skacel.

The third doesn't come close but it would have to come from a pool of Levein, Colquhoun, Cameron, Hartley, Gordon.

Punks No Deid

Unsure if joking........  

apologies BB, I thought you were being sarcastic ..

Abbey Craig

Robbo is a given. Then perm any two from these: And I am surprised that two of these three names have only popped up a couple of times:

Craig Levein

Sandy Jardine

Alan Mclaren

Oh how today's defence could do with two of these three! The most composed defenders you are ever likely to see.

3 Favourite players, hmm this will cover a period of 50 years for me. So here goes:

1 Jim Cruikshank

2 John Colquhoun

3 Peter Oliver

Feed The Goat

Takis- possibly the classiest player I've seen in maroon

Robbo- best goalscorer in my lifetime

Pasquale Bruno- absolute LUNATIC

i wish jj was my dad

1. Craig Levein - he really could have played for anybody.  

2. Craig Gordon - ditto and I hope he gets chance to prove how good he is at a proper big club

3. John Robertson - pre-98 he was our 'trophy'.

Only guid Hearts men make my list. 

niblick1874

My three stand out in my mind. 4/5 are a bit behind these guys.

John Robertson

John Colquhoun

Craig Levein

They were mine but I could not give them and leave out Ford Cruickshank Rudi and many more

Bazzas right boot

Has to be Robbo, JC.

The third is tricky, as I think we have had really good defenders.

Naysmith was a very good player as was Wallace.Both never stuck around long enough, but in my opinion were the best Scottish players in thier postion at the time. Levein, Macpherson and McLaren were also quality.

Cameron, Hartley and Rudi are also close calls for a top 3 slot.

Players like Smith,Berry, Mackay also bled Maroon and gave the club a great service

Sticking with my top 2, the 3rd place could go to a number of players.

Difficult to restrict to three but first two are easy

1) Ford

2) Levein

3=) Valois, Rudi, Cruickie, Oliver, Hartley, Adam, Crabbe, Cameron, Jardine and the list goes on........

My brother who is ten years older than me and who I attend the matches with always say's Willie Hamilton.

Never seen him play myself but "Tam the Bam" says nobody can touch him regarding players he actually seen playing.

Broxburn Jambo

Donald Ford, A ray of sunshine in what was a pretty dull period

John Robertson, No explanation needed

Rudi, everything that was good in the Mad Vlad era seemed to involve him.

But as the song says 

I could name dozens more

Cupar Jambo

Dave MacKay, John Cumming and, it is between Cruikie, Cameron, Ford and Johnny Hamilton but it goes to Willie Hamilton

Colquhoun, Robbo and Rudi. To leave others out pains me.

As for Colquhoun............did I ever mention my T-Shirt.............

IMAG0532.jpg

Cruikshank, Niemi and Gordon.

We have had some great keepers.

Skacel, Robertson and................. third one is hard to pick, so many

John Colquhoun, John Robertson and Colin Cameron.

This for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew Busby,J C And Colin Cameron, I vowed never to go back when the pieman sold him

Robbo, Rudi, JC.

Niemi very close 4th for me. Absolutely loved him and was gutted when he left.

On second thoughts, Cameron might just edge out Niemi.

We really have been blessed over the years which makes choosing all the harder.

Ernie Eskilsson

In no particular order...... Donald Ford John Robertson Rudi Skacel

Same three but in order: Robbo, Rudi, Donald Ford

Jambo, Goodbye

Rudi, Hartley and Robbo. Although too young to really appreciate Robbo I think.

travellingjambo

John Colquhoun (to think we were actually after Provan instead from Celtic............shudder!!), Robbo, "Mickey" Cameron.

Really hard to pick only 3. In all honesty my all time favourite 11 would be:-

Colquhouns goalie brother (if he had one)

Colquhouns right back brother (see above)

Colquhouns left back brother (you're getting the picture),

I would have played 9 John Colquhouns plus "Mickey" and Robbo. I ****** loved JC. Most skillfull and honest player i've seen in a Hearts shirt. All my own opinion of course.  

Archived