Where is Edinburgh's best Indian?

Nixie

Jambo, Goodbye

For sit in recently I have had set lunches in Ignite at Haymarket which was good but I thought a slightly better tasting was Bombay Bicycle Club at Tolcross.

For take away I used to get mines from The Clay Oven but the standard over the last year seems to have dipped..especially when they are busy. Just down from the clay on the hill opposite the opening to the Dominion is a take away called 'Amani' - 10/10 this place folks. Open kitchen so all the stuff is cooked in front of you and every thing I have had from there has been immense.

I live one street away from the dominion and have to say haven't tried any takeaways in Morningside yet but I'll be giving this place a bash asap.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the good ones mentioned

Cheap & cheerful : Kebab Mahal (nic square) & mosque kitchen (one in mosque not new one)

Nothing beats mother india,

like kebabish, tuk tuk & kushis also tho.

Went on a work's night out there and 3 us ended up with some serious tuk tuks.  Would never go back.

Samuel Camazzola

The Delhi Diner on Mayfield Road - just down from Minto Street is very good. I've not been over to that side of town for a while so hopefully it's still open! :-)

Archived