Title nerves starting to creep in.......

eddiepolio

Francis Albert

Indeed. The noise when Paterson passed it back to Ozturk at one point...  you'd think he'd just put a Livi striker through on goal.

The biggest ,moan was when Wilson passed from a position where he had more space than Ozturk, who had 2 or 3 Livi players close to him. That wasn't giving away possession but it unnecessarily threatened to do so. The other big moan I heard was when we took a free-kick well into their half and from the free kick made two passes back to our keeper. So converting good possession into much poorer possession. The biggest cheers of the day were on those rare occasions when we strung half a dozen passes together with some movement and pace.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the best performance but some good pressing in the first half and another three points. Hardly a disaster!

Guest oldcastlerock2012

I think the fans are more nervous than the players. I didn't see anything to worry about in that game. We didn't play brilliantly but never looked like losing and could easily have won 3 or 4 nil if the strikers had been on better form. 

Whether it is nerves or just a dip in form is questionable.

Most teams will hit a bad patch at some point.. and if only one game then

most are willing to put it down to an off day.

I dont think its nerves ,, not with the comfortable gap that will not be overtaken.

How the management team deal with the drop in form will be interesting for me,,

I think that fringe players should be given a chance to start.. let some of the established

first team players know that they are not certainties to start and maybe give one or two a

rest / recover from niggling knocks etc

If the team cant relax and experiment with the points cushion they have then i think that

is more of a problem than not performing at full potential every week.

I am not a Jambo but have always been treated very well when attending games and in and

around the ground on match days.. being a weegie i accept the banter, and hope i will be allowed

to stick around and give a view through non tinted maroon specs.

Hoping you go from strength to strength on and off the field. You have a great manager and

I hope you can hang on to him and keep building for the future.

It was not a great game to watch but we won yet again against an overfamiliar, needling Livi side accompanied by a roaster referee who set the tone with a completely unwarranted yellow for us in the first 5/10 minutes.

Would I still rather have that over a swashbuckling 4-4 game that was game of the year for neutrals?

Yep, every day of the week.

Rangers and Hibs fans must be seriously bored and frustrated hearing our scorelines materialise every week.

We can see the finishing line that's not too far ahead now. Let's get over it, enjoy it and sit back with popcorn watching the also rans slug it out.

scott herbertson

I dont think its nerves ,, not with the comfortable gap that will not be overtaken.

I think that fringe players should be given a chance to start.. let some of the established

first team players know that they are not certainties to start and maybe give one or two a

If the team cant relax and experiment with the points cushion they have then i think that

I am not a Jambo but have always been treated very well when attending games and in and

around the ground on match days.. being a weegie i accept the banter, and hope i will be allowed

Hoping you go from strength to strength on and off the field. You have a great manager and

Great first post, and good to hear a neutral view

On the topic of nerves I sensed Billy King looked a bit overwhelmed punctuated by his open goal miss. He needs more time IMHO

Having been involved in title winning teams on at least 10 occasions during my playing days and some of them were won at a canter I can honestly say that we didn't always play scintillating football and the odd goal win was sometimes more enjoyable to play in rather than the easy 4, 5 or 6 goal win. No doubt some of our players feel the same at the moment. Over the course of the season so far, Hearts have been brilliant and a guarantee of a few more big wins before the seasons end is definitely on the cards.

Great first post, and good to hear a neutral view

I am a football fan, my location prevents me attending and unless a team is playing one of the Glasgow clubs then i dont get to see much of other teams. My job used at allow me to travel so me and the workmates went to see local games.. or if staying in digs in other areas was always happy to join the locals in the pub have a night out after the game. My only wish is that we keep the banter and rivalry between clubs but band together as fans to exert some influence ie standing areas and return to drinking etc...

Our game needs fans as we dont have sponsors or a fantastic product.. A united fans group would be hard to implement but maybe the mods on the forums could form a united cross forum group where only they can post but others could read. I am sure the majority of fans have the same complaints -- pricing, treatment by police, shit overpriced food, unhappy with those running our game.

As long as the fans are divided we will be unlikely to see improvements. Hearts fans showed what can be done by getting behind their club and i think the majority of fans at other clubs were all supportive of your efforts ( songs and banners aside). You fans more than most understand the feelings involved when aclub is threatened and how to mobilize that feeling into tangible results.

Don't lose sight of the greater good of the game. Many outside your club admire what you have done.. Can you take it to the next level and share your expertise and knowledge WHILE still making your clubs future the priority.

It is a very serious crossroads in the Scottish game,, You have shown many clubs the system and action required for long term success. I think a cross section of fans is needed to make the changes on the terraces.. Celtic have a huge fan base but i dont think they are the group to lead as they do not represent the typical fan and normal run club. I think it would take clubs like Hearts/Hibs and the 2 Dundee clubs to lead the way in uniting fans..

I will be following the Jambos progress in the summer and think you will be comfortable in the top league next season.

I would also like to wish Gary Locke all the best at Killie.. think he got a rough deal last year and he seems to have been dealt a pretty poor hand at Killie.. the man is certainly getting a whole lot of experience with the shit end of the stick .. i hope things work out for him but with Hindsight you Jambos got a great manager instead, and i think there are many neutrals who are happy for you.

Can you become a major force in the game ... time will tell but i think your club is going the right way about things.

Will tune in next time you are on the box/ stream..

Welcome.

Good to read a neutral's view. I especially respect your closing paragraph......thank you.

My 1st thought on reading full post & reference to good treatment when visiting Tynecastle, was to say "Hi Ally, how's the garden these days?" :rolleyes2:

The fans being on the edge of their seat does not help at times, feel good factor clicked in later in the game, despite 1 - 0 score. Robbie Neilson's decision to introduce Gomis mid way through 2nd half showed he was happy to see out the game with more controlled retention of ball.

Late on when fans were urging Jambos to take a couple of quick throw ins, "Mr Cool" on the touchline was holding out his 2 hands to slow/calm things down & run out the clock :toff:

I will leave team selection & tactics in the capable hands of our Management team.

August Landmesser

:2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

That backwards passing lark will never catch on with Hearts fans

'Get it up the park!'

*ball gets launched up the park, possession is lost*

'Ffs! Hold onto it!'

Some folk just haven't got it yet...

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Captain Canada

Don't think it has anything to do with title nerves. We've played Livi 5 times this season already. Teams get too familiar with each other in Scotland and it makes it tough to keep winning games by 3 or 4 goals.

People seem to forget that Neilson is a rookie manager and will make mistakes. His record speaks for itself though. We'll miss him when he's down south.

Is it fair to say that every team will have a dip in form a some point during the season? Hearts aren't playing well, but still coming away with 3 points every week.

That'll do for me.

This.

We were always going to have at least one sticky patch. Assuming we are in it at the moment and still winning, no worries. As has been mentioned, that's title winning form.

I think the only nerves that are creeping in are among the posters on here, the team looks fine and in my opinion the narrow one goal win against Livi was caused by over confidence not nerves with some of the players looking like they were out for a stroll, could have been more than five if the chances had gone in, still think some teams will get a thrashing from us before the season ends. Onwards and upwards!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

At some stage we're going to reach the point where absolutely everyone accepts that the title is done and dusted. That's when we'll start putting four or five past teams again

The Treasurer

I take those who are saying "we've been pish for weeks" weren't at Alloa when we played some great football from start to finish.

I take those who are saying "we've been pish for weeks" weren't at Alloa when we played some great football from start to finish.

agree. We played well in the first half , imo, on Saturday too.

Some fans just become a bit unbearable with the constant "we've been poor for weeks" sheight.

Even if we have had a few indifferent performances we've still came away with a result and that tells you the team has character and the guile to still win while not seemingly playing great.

Fozzyonthefence

Don't let the 2 wonder goals in the first half cloud your judgement on that performance.  We got very sloppy in that game and allowed a very poor Alloa team (pretty sure they're on the worst run in the league) to get back into a game that they should never have been in at 2-1.  The 2nd half performance was poor (and seems to be a recurring theme).  Simmons also hit the post at 1-0.  It wasn't pretty stuff either but was better than the recent performances at home to Falkirk and away to Livi (I wasn't there yesterday so can't comment on that).

Don't let the 2 wonder goals in the first half cloud your judgement on that performance. We got very sloppy in that game and allowed a very poor Alloa team (pretty sure they're on the worst run in the league) to get back into a game that they should never have been in at 2-1. The 2nd half performance was poor (and seems to be a recurring theme). Simmons also hit the post at 1-0. It wasn't pretty stuff either but was better than the recent performances at home to Falkirk and away to Livi (I wasn't there yesterday so can't comment on that).

That's a wildly inaccurate description of that game. We could easily have scored double figures at Alloa, and played some excellent stuff. Alloa had about 3 shots in 90 minutes.

Teams are pressing us higher up the pitch but we are also not doing the same back, which is something we excelled at earlier in the season.

Added to that we have slowed down the play through midfield which is shutting down the space we exploited earlier in the season.

This is the main reason for our current struggles, but tbh we are still top of the form charts over the last 5-10 games and I will happily settle for scrappy 1-0 wins between now and the end of the season if it wins us the title

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

As an aside I had assumed Anderson was subbed on Saturday as it was considered that formation wasnt working - but having heard quite a few claims that we were actually ok in the first half is it the case that Anderson took a knock and was subbed for that reason?

Archived