Title nerves starting to creep in.......

eddiepolio

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if the pitch being bumpy caused unforced errors or what. Some players like Paterson in particular just can't control a ball with first touch either.

I felt that the teams shape in the last ten minutes as we looked to close the game down was very good.

Gomis made a big difference when he came on.

Had the link up play been that bit sharper, especially when on the break, then they really should have added to their narrow lead.

Paterson disappointing. Eckersley not at the races for me either but that's football. Both will come good again.

Fozzyonthefence

Shouldn't be any title nerves as the leage is won - even Jeff on SSN says so.  We should be able to play with the freedom of having no pressure being put on us by Rangers or Hibs but we've been pish for many weeks now.  I think it's a combination of players losing confidence and teams sussing us out since earlier in the season when wewere ripping most of the smaller teams a new one.  The performances in the 2 previous Livi games (plus today by the sound of it) and the Falkirk game have been brutal and we've done well to take the number of points we have.. 

Zeefuik doesn't seem to hot when he is given time to think.

His chipped pass back today and his penalty on his debut at Dumbarton are prime examples.

Seems to be more of an instinctive player.

Also, to answer the OP's question, if we were truly getting nervous then I doubt we would have managed to take 9 points out of 9 in the last three games.

The panicking shitebags in the crowd really aren't helping the team. The atmosphere in the first half in particular was ridiculous.

I think part of the problem has been the team that RN has put out.... He has not been able to get our midfield sorted and this has caused us problems.

Nicholson last week and Anderson this week just couldn't hack it. IMO we need to start Gomis,Prince, Pollardo and Walker each week. This is our best combination.

Let us be clear we cannot win by huge scores every week! If you look at the goals for we are averaging a couple a game and goal against averaging less than one...so extrapolating just the average we are winning home and away better than 2-1 every game ! I don't think any fan can complain about their team achieving that? I do take the point that the fans want to be entertained but you know we used to slag the likes of Celtic and Rangers fans for the attitude we are now adopting..ish? In short you cannot win every game looking backwards sounds like we missed a lot of chances today though!

Fozzyonthefence

Also, to answer the OP's question, if we were truly getting nervous then I doubt we would have managed to take 9 points out of 9 in the last three games.

Why not? All 3 were against the bottom 2 teams in the league.  We should be beating these teams whether we are pish or nervous or both - and we have, just.

We were ok in the first half i thought but while we were iffy in the 2nd we actually had better chances in that half.

I don`t think we were nervy, i think the fans get too nervy and need to calm down a bit. Yes, one or two players got sloppy but i think generally we took the foot off the gas and that`s what was more annoying.

Gomis did add strength,  Pallardo was very good..  But I agree with the general thing that nereves are setting in a  bit.

This match felt a bit stale having played them the week before?  that maybe a point to keep in mind? 

I think teams are needing points coming to the end of the season, see us as a scalp, we havent been that settled in midfield and we arent playing quite as well as we can.

All in all each has played a part.

QofTS is tough after that Beath' and Dumbarton at home should see everything done. (Im already certain it is)

We have changed our shape and it doesn't suit the players, IMO. We also lack something without Sow, don't know what but he brings something and it gets the best out everyone around him.

Dunno if the players feel the leagues over with and their not putting teams to the sword like we were doing before or if it's just a bit nerves until the finish line is crossed. Certainly not plying the way we were before Xmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There will be a lot more games like this as we close the season out. It would be a lot easier if Hearts fans were okay with us passing the ball and retaining possession.

The panicking shitebags in the crowd really aren't helping the team. The atmosphere in the first half in particular was ridiculous.

Agreed. The crowd was nervous and that projected on to the team.

Agreed. The crowd was nervous and that projected on to the team.

5 older guys sit behind me and the complaining and moaning from them everygame is unbelievable. Even if we are 4-5 up.

They seem so see any form of passing as boring and players should either hoof ball or take a player on.

Plus they always moan about walker so I had a big smile on my face today :-D

RalphieCifaretto

Being poor and winning is what other clubs haven't been able to do this season, and we have, hence our lead at the top. Poor today but big 3 points.

Chaka Demus & pliers

I didn't get the impression that the crowd were nervous today.

The crowd quite rightly had a go at our defenders at times when they made an arse of it and could have cost us a goal.

Paterson had a day to forget.

I dunno what it is, the pace and the pressing seems to have vanished..

its been like that for weeks now. At the start of the season we played at a high pace and teams couldn't cope with us. I don't know why we have stopped doing it but we need to get back to it asap.

We have changed in that we are now taking an extra touch aptly demonstrated when bauben put king through but if he had hit it first time when King made his run he would have been onside this is happening all over the park we are not moving it as crisp as we should but we are still well ahead have to agree walker was immense today he was everywhere and could have scored more took his goal realy well ,he tired obviously in the latter part of the game if there is better player in the league I have yet to see them

Lots of poor individual moments and players out of form. We're still winning as our players are mostly a class above this division but most are way off the boil.

Paterson had a truly awful game but at least his comedy miskick slice shot in the 2nd half got the crowd laughing.

Buaben couldn't seem to get the ball under control and his passing was ropey but at least he never hid.

King and Zeefuik's missed chances were extremely poor.

Ozturk getting himself booked for losing his temper again.

Eckersley looked short of fitness and confidence.

Anderson slipping and falling flat on his face when almost through at the wheatfield side.

We're just not clicking right now for some reason.

A few dodgy performances today. The team Neilson put out today was fine. He obviously wasn't 100% sure that Nicholson could play, and Gomis' performances have been quite weak lately. Criticising his selection would be incredibly daft, IMO.

The impatience and stupidity of the support certainly didn't help.

tough game next week so that should focus us in training this week, i fully expect to see a much better performance against queens..............

It's just the true quality of the team coming through.

We're the best in the league but that team aren't going to hammer teams every week.

Patterson needs dropped for a bit but there's no one to cover for him, apart from mcghee whos also been off the boil lately.

Playing shite and still winning, so not the end of the world.

A few dodgy performances today. The team Neilson put out today was fine. He obviously wasn't 100% sure that Nicholson could play, and Gomis' performances have been quite weak lately. Criticising his selection would be incredibly daft, IMO.

The impatience and stupidity of the support certainly didn't help.

The impatience of the crowd didn't help our players at all. Especially paterson a Eckersley; which makes sense because of their positions and proximity to the stands.

We were still the better team, chances at the end were bad misses, and the referee was shocking in the first half especially.

One of the games where we just ground out a win. And that's what makes Champions become Champions.

:jjyay:

All roads lead to Gorgie

The ball retention is very good at times and we are usually good at getting out of tight situations by short crisp passing however we balanced that with quicker incisive breaks earlier in the season. Now we seem to slow things down waiting for the full backs to overlap instead of slipping King or walker in with early passes but it is more to do with teams squeezing space than nerves and Robbie has set us up to be more careful even if it isn't quite as pleasing on the eye but the points are what matter at this stage.

To listen to some of the comments in main stand you would think it was 12 months ago. Yes we were poor, but we're 20 points clear ffs. Nothing like a bit of kickback hysteria.

If we don't score early the crowd gets on the teams back but if we do score early the team seems to sit back quite a lot and invite pressure on.

I think we've not been our best since ozturk hit that screamer at ER but again we're still winning so it's hard to complain. We're not exactly struggling through games, just not dominating them.

Think some fans really need there head checked!!! Frustrating to listen to some!! They create the nerves!! Players are fine! Not playing fantastic but winning!! Your Chelsea's and real madrids don't play well week in week out

I dunno what it is, the pace and the pressing seems to have vanished..

Very good point to make. There's less high tempo pressing from Hearts than there was earlier in season. Its other teams that are pressing us high up the pitch and were struggling at times to deal with it. We were still superior to Livi today but Nielson and the coaches have had a few warnings that they need to come up with ways of combating teams even although its harsh to criticise Hearts record so far.

Lots of poor individual moments and players out of form. We're still winning as our players are mostly a class above this division but most are way off the boil.

Paterson had a truly awful game but at least his comedy miskick slice shot in the 2nd half got the crowd laughing.

Buaben couldn't seem to get the ball under control and his passing was ropey but at least he never hid.

King and Zeefuik's missed chances were extremely poor.

Ozturk getting himself booked for losing his temper again.

Eckersley looked short of fitness and confidence.

Anderson slipping and falling flat on his face when almost through at the wheatfield side.

We're just not clicking right now for some reason.

Perfect post, nothing to add.

the crowd are a joke ....starting to behave Like hobos

There will be a lot more games like this as we close the season out. It would be a lot easier if Hearts fans were okay with us passing the ball and retaining possession.

:2thumbsup:  :2thumbsup: 

That backwards passing lark will never catch on with Hearts fans

Indeed. The noise when Paterson passed it back to Ozturk at one point...  you'd think he'd just put a Livi striker through on goal.

wattie exploited

Zeefuik doesn't seem to hot when he is given time to think.

His chipped pass back today and his penalty on his debut at Dumbarton are prime examples.

Seems to be more of an instinctive player.

thought Zeefuik was total shit today  :rifle:  :rifle:

Archived