Kenny Anderson

Robert Polson

Jambof3tornado

Could we not have waited until the window was just about to slam shut???

Or is there more to come?????????????????

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Promising signings for positions we need to fill and strengthening while we're on top. We've come a long way since some of the craziness of the Romanov era signing policy.

Real Competition for places throughout the team now compared to last season.  AB, CL, RN and the whole coaching staff are re-building this team the right way.  Keeping all these youngsters until they peak would be good to see how far they can go, but at the same time, they will be upping their profiles down south very quickly.  Jamie Walker is heading for the top if he continues to apply himself and take in everything he is being coached.

...I think exiting times are ahead for us and Mr Anderson, welcome to the famous young man.

Give him a chance dude - He's just in the door!

:duck:

...a bit disco

His date of birth is 14 February 1992

Perhaps will have his debut on his birthday v Livingston?

At last!

Someone who shares my birthday other than Kevin Keegan!

chuck berrys hairline

Didn't realise that our klaxon was sold in the transfer window to the Daily Record! :(

Welcome aboard Kenny hope you double dutch our opponents.

If it's 18 month then I fail to see the point. If he's any good then he'll sign a pre-contract with some English team in 12 month time and he'll leave for nowt.

In which case we'll have had a good player for a full year at least and I've got faith in our current management to sign a quality replacement if/when that happens.

To be fair paying a fee for an 18 month deal would be really daft. If we have the option to extend then 2 and a half years seems reasonable

Cast No Shadow

wum or awol from reality....you decide!?

Is his now former side rock bottom of the Dutch second tier? Yes or no?

This isn't a difficult one for you, but take your time.

Cast No Shadow

Not always a good indication of an individual player's ability. Suso and MacKay-Steven would be two off the bat which jump to mind for players who were at a lower level who made a successful step up in standard. No idea if this guy's any good or not, but it's not always the best indicator of a player's potential.

That's true. Hopefully we've unearthed a hidden gem.

I just hope for his sake some of our more "traditional" fans don't find out what the RKC stands for in RKC Waalwijk or he'll have to score a hat trick on his debut to keep them happy.

Welcome to Hearts, Kenny. If Robbie and Craig rate you, then that's good enough for me.

Prince B has been an excellent signing for us thus far. I appreciate he suffered a dip in form of late, but seemed more like his usual self at Alloa.

That's true. Hopefully we've unearthed a hidden gem.

His team played in the top division last season and he played a number of games by the looks of it so he has played at a decent level.

Is his now former side rock bottom of the Dutch second tier? Yes or no?

This isn't a difficult one for you, but take your time.

oh dear... :/

You sound very switched on and up to speed so not disputing where his former club is/are...

however to shuffle on and make mention of that fact in terms of whether its the be all and end all re the player himself is at best naive and irrelevant IMHO...

hopefully I have answered in quick enough time for ya' as it means a lot to me :)

Enjoy the fact we are signing young hungry players who in our managements eyes have something to offer and potential for possible re-sale....dont fight it champ'....embrace it!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31091718

Hearts have signed central midfielder Kenny Anderson after agreeing a nominal fee with Dutch second-tier club RKC Waalwijk in his homeland.

The 22-year-old, who has a Scottish father, has agreed a contract with the Championship club until summer 2016.

Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson told his club website: "He's a quality player, one who I believe will slot right into our side.

"I feel we will get the best out of him."

Anderson, whose move is pending international clearance, has made 17 appearances for RKC this season, scoring four goals.

He began his career with Willem II.

Welcome.

Never heard of you but I'd never heard of Zeefuik either!

I am quite clued up on Dutch football but I admit to not knowing about Ozturk at Cambur, El Hass at De Graafschap & Sparta and Zeefuik at NEC & Groningen,

Off topic question: why would Waalwijk FC not be the bears favourite Dutch club?  

Watched the clip.

Definitely a WUM. Or idiot!

And I'm not talking about Anderson.

I wouldn't go around calling people idiots when you've devoted your life to god, Colin.  :gok:

I am quite clued up on Dutch football but I admit to not knowing about Ozturk at Cambur, El Hass at De Graafschap & Sparta and Zeefuik at NEC & Groningen,

Off topic question: why would Waalwijk FC not be the bears favourite Dutch club?  

I think he may be referring to this from Wikipedia

KC Waalwijk (Dutch pronunciation: [??rka??se? ??a?l??i?k]) is a football club currently playing in the Dutch Eerste Divisie. Its name is derived from 'Rooms Katholieke Combinatie' ('Roman Catholic Combination' in Dutch) and was a fusion club of HEC, WVB and Hercules.

I didn't think we would bring in anyone in as a replacement for Holt going outa as I figured El Hass would come in for that role.

Since we have this is why Holt leaving never bothered me. I haven't seen him play but I know he is thought of quite highly and some would say above this level. His physical attributes look well suited to this game and he gives off the impression he will give as good as he gets from defenders. All those things are what Holt struggled with. So for a nominal fee all things going to plan we have a player who's a similar age but bigger, stronger and if his talent matches the ability Holt has a far better player for the game we play in this country.

Here's hoping he is all that and more.

Watch his clips he has a great turn of pace, athletic  should  do us a good turn. 

- Kennet . 

I think he may be referring to this from Wikipedia

KC Waalwijk (Dutch pronunciation: [??rka??se? ??a?l??i?k]) is a football club currently playing in the Dutch Eerste Divisie. Its name is derived from 'Rooms Katholieke Combinatie' ('Roman Catholic Combination' in Dutch) and was a fusion club of HEC, WVB and Hercules.

Correct.

In the Netherland religion is split on a north/south divide with the rivers Rhine/Meuse being the boundary. The north is majority Protestant and the south Catholic. Waalwijk is located in the south. I lived in a city called Papendrecht which had the nickname 'Pope City'.  Teams associated historically with the RC church would generally have purple in their team colours.  However, in my time living there I never came across sectarianism in football, the exception being the anti-Jewish attacks on Ajax supporters.

Boxer stuff is lost on me.  Never heard of him - but my boxing knowledge is very poor.

I expected far more King Creosote puns.

airdriejambo3

Jesus this thread needs binned where's all the positive comments about us signing a good prospect, it looks like he was playing for a team with problems but 4 goals in 17 isn't bad in a team that's getting beat everyweek. He was playing with Wesley Sneider's brother maybe he can get a message to Wesley to ask if he wants to join the revolution, I think he would maybe solve the wee problem we have in that attacking midfield area.

As a Dutchman, I really don't understand why religion is being dragged into this conversation again as we certainly don't give a toss in Holland if you're Catholic or Protestant!  We left all that nonsense behind decades ago and so should people here as nothing to do with football or the times we live in.

Oh I've got tattoo's all over and short hair however also hold 5 Economic degrees, speak 4 languages and been working in Financial Services most of my career but still a ned right?  :uhoh2:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

So Kenny has signed, amidst more JKB mayhem. Welcome in Kenny, I hope you settle well at Hearts

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As a Dutchman, I really don't understand why religion is being dragged into this conversation again as we certainly don't give a toss in Holland if you're Catholic or Protestant!  We left all that nonsense behind decades ago and so should people here as nothing to do with football or the times we live in.

Oh I've got tattoo's all over and short hair however also hold 5 Economic degrees, speak 4 languages and been working in Financial Services most of my career but still a ned right?  :uhoh2:

Post of the day Mr Flanders

Welcome to Hearts, Kenny Anderson. Work hard, and wear the shirt with pride, and the support will be right behind you (well most of them anyway!). 

As for Prince Bauben - you have to laugh at some of the posters on here. The same posters decry a lack of loyalty in some players like Holt, yet the minute we sign a new player, Bauben, who has been part of the side that has put us 16 points clear, is slated, and ready to be binned. Where's our loyalty to him? Yes, he's hit a bit of a sticky patch, but there were signs v Alloa that he was getting back to what he was doing so well earlier in the season (one driving run which ended up with him having a shot on goal springs to mind). It's funny that guys can bin Bauben for a guy they've never even seen play! Modern football fans amuse me :)

I hope both Prince and Kenny fire us to the title. We've hopefully strengthened an already good squad. 

P.S. The religious chat is cringeworthy. Who cares???? As DutchJambo says, the guy is University educated, and hopefully a decent football player. Why some folk try to find a negative is beyond me. The religious chat is 'shan'.

Johnson by name....

Biologically we are actually all supposed to have kids younger than society currently does. The societal norm is not a biological norm, but the societal norm is medically problematic. Higher risk pregnancies, more IVF for older mum's whose eggs have overcooked....

Good on Walker for taking steps to try and ensure the NHS isnt overburdened in this respect in future years.

:)

Kenny Anderson has probably played his last game for RKC Waalwijk. The midfielder is in Scotland to finalize negotiations with First Division side Heart of Midlothian.

Both clubs have agreed on the reimbursement sum, according to the Brabants Dagblad . Anderson's contract expires in June, as an option for an additional year required a Salary Eredivisie RKC and can not afford. Therefore director Remco About Ornamental is not unsympathetic a departure. "Anderson will make the step itself. Now we can earn some. Otherwise he runs over four months as the door," he told the newspaper.

Scottish-Dutch soccer player already in Waalwijk since the D3 in season 2002-2003. In 2013, Anderson signed a professional contract for two seasons. RKC could add a third year, but that one sees so from.

http://www.geleleger.nl/nieuws/in-de-media/2972-anderson-op-weg-naar-schotland.html

That's some name that guy's got!

Credit to the fans backing the team as well. If 50k fee reported is correct that's the extra ticket sales over the budget for one home game.

Archived