Ian Holloway leaves Leicester

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

As the title suggests, Holloway has parted company with Leicester. Talksport reckon McGhee is one of "several" candidates Mandaric is working through. Thats all

Bootboy100

A few papers were saying Paul Lambert was favourite for the job.

I really hope Hearts have McGhee signed up doubly quick.

Seymour M Hersh

Well Manderic has a far worse record of binning managers since buying Leicester. Not sure of how many but it's a lot he's hired & fired in his short time as owner.

Hans von Luck

I dont think that Manderic will go for MM, remember how poor Levein did at Leicester.

He will be looking at someone at bit closer to home in my opinion.

I doubt McGhee would be welcomed back at Leicester. Also, Hearts in the SPL or Leicester in Coca Cola League 1?

A few papers were saying Paul Lambert was favourite for the job.

I really hope Hearts have McGhee signed up doubly quick.

Romanov will find a way to drag it out i'm sure.

In the Sun (I think) there was a quote from Mandaric saying that he rated Billy Davies very highly.

Rawrrrrrrr
Well Manderic has a far worse record of binning managers since buying Leicester. Not sure of how many but it's a lot he's hired & fired in his short time as owner.

Since he arrived at Leicester (Jan/Feb 07)

Rob Kelly Feb 06- Apr 07

Martin Allen May 07- Aug 07

Gary Megson Sept 07 - Oct 07

Iain Holloway Nov 07 - May 08

So 4 managers in just under 18 months although 1 wasn't through choice

Romanov

Robertson

Burley

Rix

Ivanuaskas

Malofeev

Korobchka

Frail

Romanov in just over 3 years has had 7 managers

The records are pretty similar really

Ray Winstone

League one footabll can hardly be an attractive prospect to Mghee.

He might as well stay at Motherwell.

Nelly Terraces

Radio 5 have just mentioned Lambert as a possibility for going to Molestor City now Holloways gone.

Gigolo-Aunt
In the Sun (I think) there was a quote from Mandaric saying that he rated Billy Davies very highly.

Did he not play with them later in his career?

Did he not play with them later in his career?

No idea. A little bit before my time (ie that I can remember).

To be honest I would rather have Billy Davies. But this is not the time to be picky.

Charlie-Brown

Martin O'Neil was at Wycombe prior to Leicester and Lambert was O'Neil's captain at Celts so very good chance MO'N put him in the frame for the Leicester job where he is still very highly regarded.

Gigolo-Aunt
No idea. A little bit before my time (ie that I can remember).

To be honest I would rather have Billy Davies. But this is not the time to be picky.

Just checked, mate - 6 games in 1990.

Im available for "A Question of Sport"

:P

As an outside shot and going off on a tangent I'd like to see what Holloway could do at Tynie.

Billy the Jambo
As an outside shot and going off on a tangent I'd like to see what Holloway could do at Tynie.

The place could do with a lick of paint right enough

Bootboy100

No thanks.

Dont get me wrong he comes accross as a hard working and honest guy but there is just something that nags me about his ability even though he done reasonably well at QPR and Plymouth.

Seymour M Hersh
Since he arrived at Leicester (Jan/Feb 07)

Rob Kelly Feb 06- Apr 07

Martin Allen May 07- Aug 07

Gary Megson Sept 07 - Oct 07

Iain Holloway Nov 07 - May 08

So 4 managers in just under 18 months although 1 wasn't through choice

Romanov

Robertson

Burley

Rix

Ivanuaskas

Malofeev

Korobchka

Frail

Romanov in just over 3 years has had 7 managers

The records are pretty similar really

Can you put your hand on your heart and say all 7 were appointed Hearts Managers? Iirc Robbo was appointed by pie-rat, Malofeev and Frail were caretakers only but hey, what the hell.

winston churchill

QUOTE=Hand of Gord;280034]Romanov will find a way to drag it out i'm sure.

:hobofish:

Radio 5 have just mentioned Lambert as a possibility for going to Molestor City now Holloways gone.

I always thought Hearts fans were singing about a Rangers centre half moving to Leicester. Now after reading your thread I'm starting to think I was wrong.

winston churchill
I always thought Hearts fans were singing about a Rangers centre half moving to Leicester. Now after reading your thread I'm starting to think I was wrong.

are you still in the pumas back pocket.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
As the title suggests, Holloway has parted company with Leicester. Talksport reckon McGhee is one of "several" candidates Mandaric is working through. Thats all

I've been told tonight by someone who knows that McGhee would prefer to return to England, rather than stay in Scotland.

Mr Bouncebackability himself

Only a Game
I've been told tonight by someone who knows that McGhee would prefer to return to England, rather than stay in Scotland.

Thats why he's dropping his knickers for Hearts before the seasons hardly gone cold.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Thats why he's dropping his knickers for Hearts before the seasons hardly gone cold.

Proof of the pudding and all that......just what I was told, by someone who's heard it from the horses mouth.

monkfish1979

We could go in for Holloway if we don't get McGhee.

Only acceptable if he can bring a generator and/or a record player with him, though.

Harry Palmer

McGhee is the new Heart of Midlothian Football Club manager. This is in spite of any 'posturing' from Motherwell, it is all part of the necessary show, it will happen.

Now, how many will buy a season ticket when he is appointed? How many will say 'no, he'll be sacked in a couple of months', and not renew? A bit of a quandary... Who do you trust......?

Only a Game
McGhee is the new Heart of Midlothian Football Club manager. This is in spite of any 'posturing' from Motherwell, it is all part of the necessary show, it will happen.

Now, how many will buy a season ticket when he is appointed? How many will say 'no, he'll be sacked in a couple of months', and not renew? A bit of a quandary... Who do you trust......?

I think that most will consider that Romanov has delivered on the January 1st statement. I think that most will consider that McGhee wont entertain coming here under the conditions that previous managers have had to work under

Most people will therefore renew on that basis, I'd say.

If, after two or three months, Mcghee walks claiming interference, then Romanov has shot his last bolt as far as a lot of fans will be concerned.

I think as far as this is concerned Romanov has backed himself into a corner and HAS to deliver on non interference. If he doesnt and loses another manager because of it, he's either a very foolish but dangerous maverick or he has an exit agenda which does not neccesitate having the fans on board in any way shape or form.

jambohhearts2006

What do people think about a possible approach for ian holloway. He has just left leciester city. I know we are still looking at mcghee but if that all falls through would ian holloway be a possible replacement.

thoughts?

No thanks, cant stand the guy

Me neither. I can't put my finger on it, but I really don't like him.

Archived