Wallace and Black

Thought Police

Thought Police

Wouldn't have them back in a million years. Callum Paterson will most likely release Wallace from his pocket later tonight

All young hearts players should look at this pair and templeton as an example .....an example of what not to do in your career.

glastonbury jambo

wallace runs like he has shat himself ... black has lost the little bit that he had ... both finished actually .. and temps well there is a morale in that tale!

wallace runs like he has shat himself ... black has lost the little bit that he had ... both finished actually .. and temps well there is a morale in that tale!

Templeton was forced to sign for rangers.

Black is utter pish, as he was for 90% of the time he was with us btw.

Wallace didn't look like he wanted to be there, but Paterson bossed him all game.

Rudolf's Mate

I've always been of the belief that some players click for certain clubs. Even ones which are/can be outstanding for periods at any club but fail to replicate it at other clubs. Personally I'd have Black and Trigger back as I think we were the right club for them.

Definitely wouldn't have Black. Wallace isn't as good as he was but at least he isn't a total arsehole. Temps would still do a job in the right team imo, he's a victim of Ally's playing style.

Sad to see.

Possibly the best illustration of talent wasted by chasing the money and going to Rangers? First choice Scotland left back to utter slogger in under three years.

I'll never hold him in the contempt I do McCulloch, Boyd etc. because of his Hearts affiliation, but whoever advised/talked him into that moved must be embarrassed. Although I'm sure they'll console themselves with the money they've made from his contract and signing on fee.

Further evidence of how the Scottish game is dominated those looking to make a cheap buck, rather than making the best footballing move. Wallace was good enough IMO to make a living at a middle to lower EPL club, the way say a Phil Bardsley has. Hard to see him ever reaching that level now.

What a waste.

pettigrewsstylist

Walker said something to Black between penalty being awarded and taken

Im all for anything goes on the pitch to unsettle opponents ( well not quite everything)

I just home Jamie wasnt being stupid again. Black for all his faults is a jambo and cup winner from the day to end all days

MacDonald Jardine

Black is a poor mans Scott Brown.

And that's saying something.

I realised for the first time today just what an annoying wee ******* Black is.

For once I can see the Hibs fans' point.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Sad to see.

Possibly the best illustration of talent wasted by chasing the money and going to Rangers? First choice Scotland left back to utter slogger in under three years.

I'll never hold him in the contempt I do McCulloch, Boyd etc. because of his Hearts affiliation, but whoever advised/talked him into that moved must be embarrassed. Although I'm sure they'll console themselves with the money they've made from his contract and signing on fee.

Further evidence of how the Scottish game is dominated those looking to make a cheap buck, rather than making the best footballing move. Wallace was good enough IMO to make a living at a middle to lower EPL club, the way say a Phil Bardsley has. Hard to see him ever reaching that level now.

What a waste.

Tbf Wallace moved before the relegation, he must have had a pretty good reason to stay though.

I might be in the minority here but I think Templeton's a great wee player. If he was under the tutorship of a good manager (Neilson) he could be an excellent weapon to have available. Wasting away at ibrox I'm afraid.

Im all for anything goes on the pitch to unsettle opponents ( well not quite everything)

I just home Jamie wasnt being stupid again. Black for all his faults is a jambo and cup winner from the day to end all days

From what I saw Black approached Walker, probably asked him if he thought it was a pen. Jamie just nodded and got on with sticking the ball in the net. Don't get the Walker seethe on here, only time he's lost discipline this season was against Hibs when on the receiving end of a cowardly tackle.

As for Wallace, I thought the only time Rangers troubled us was when Wallace got forward, still a good player but suffering for playing under a clown.

kingantti1874

I might be in the minority here but I think Templeton's a great wee player. If he was under the tutorship of a good manager (Neilson) he could be an excellent weapon to have available. Wasting away at ibrox I'm afraid.

Let's face it, he wasn't even a regular for us.. I always thought he was a one trick pony

Genuinely feel that Walker now is at the level Templeton was at for Hearts at his peak. As Kingantti1874 says he wasn't even a regular for Jambo's except under Jefferies during the great run in 10/11 season.

Walker has more ideas in his locker I think when isolated one-on-one with the fullback, he can cut inside or go outside and can use both these moves with enough variety to force the defender into making a mistake. I think the competition for places between himself, King and Nicholson is driving him on as a player as well. He knows he must play well to be in the team, whilst at the same time there is the option for Robbie to take him out if he is having a bad run of form.

Staying more on topic, I would possibly take Lee Wallace back at some point, athletic with plenty to offer, and don't think his career is over yet. But Black's peak was 19/05/12 and we all knew that at the time. No surprise to see him struggling in an average Rangers side lacking creativity.

pettigrewsstylist

From what I saw Black approached Walker, probably asked him if he thought it was a pen. Jamie just nodded and got on with sticking the ball in the net. Don't get the Walker seethe on here, only time he's lost discipline this season was against Hibs when on the receiving end of a cowardly tackle.

As for Wallace, I thought the only time Rangers troubled us was when Wallace got forward, still a good player but suffering for playing under a clown.

It was as Jamie was retreiving the ball, Black tried to talk to him and Jamie walked away, Black was unhappy about something. He then approached him again a few moments later on the edge of the box after it had all died down with ref.

Where is this Walker seethe happening? i might go take a look.

It was as Jamie was retreiving the ball, Black tried to talk to him and Jamie walked away, Black was unhappy about something. He then approached him again a few moments later on the edge of the box after it had all died down with ref.

Basically, absolutely nothing happened. Black shouted "Walker" a few times at him, Walker ignored him. Black then did get his attention, said a few (unknown) things. Walker responded by coolly slotting away the penalty.

Nothing remotely untoward from Walker.

Re Black being upset, I'd guess that was because a penalty had been awarded against him.

Templeton was forced to sign for rangers.

Templeton , and his dad, Henry, are massive Rangers fans and always have been.

Although it suited Hearts for him to go at the time due to our financial circumstances, I don't think Temps was objecting too much.

Snake Plissken

Genuinely feel that Walker now is at the level Templeton was at for Hearts at his peak. As Kingantti1874 says he wasn't even a regular for Jambo's except under Jefferies during the great run in 10/11 season.

Nonsense, he was an integral part of that run.

I'm also not having the "he was pish for 90% of his Hearts career" line about Ian Black from another poster.  His best performances, by a long way, came under Sergio but let's not pretend he wasn't, at worst, useful for us in 10/11.  Yes both Templeton and Black have regressed at a quite alarming rate at Rangers but some of this revisionism about them is strange.

They were both decent players for us.  

I wouldn't actually take either back as we have better options now but I'd happily take Wallace back and say that as someone who rates McHattie highly.  

Fozzyonthefence

Wouldn't have them back in a million years. Callum Paterson will most likely release Wallace from his pocket later tonight

To be fair, Wallace was their biggest attacking threat - luckily he left his shooting boots at home - I can recall at least 3 piss poor finishes from him, so where was Paterson then?

Bungalow Bill

Although it suited Hearts for him to go at the time due to our financial circumstances, I don't think Temps was objecting too much.

Fairly sure Templeton is a Celtic fan, his dad was a Rangers fan though.

Templeton can't even get on the pitch for that Rankgers team. Thats a sad state of affairs for his career.

Or it could be an element of poor management.

What has happened to Zaliukas, injured or just not favoured by McCoist?

He cant get in for the brilliance that is Bilel Moshni

What has happened to Zaliukas, injured or just not favoured by McCoist?

Well, if you cannot get a game in that shite defence it says it all, hopefully he is screwing them, salary wise.

I realised for the first time today just what an annoying wee ******* Black is.

For once I can see the Hibs fans' point.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

I said the exact same thing today.

He cant get in for the brilliance that is Bilel Moshni

I have just literally pished myself laughing, off to change my pants.

Tbf Wallace moved before the relegation, he must have had a pretty good reason to stay though.

probably about 10,000 good reasons every week

Rudolf's Mate

Black can clearly be seen shouting 'Walker' several times with Jamie initially just glancing whilst walking away. He kept saying it and then moved towards Jamie which is when they both said something.

Don't see what Jamie did wrong tbh.

Diadora Van Basten

Thought quite a few Rangers players including Wallace had muffin tops.

I suspect Rangers fitness training is poor.

Thought quite a few Rangers players including Wallace had muffin tops.

I suspect Rangers fitness training is poor.

Probably didn't help that their strips were painted on.

Don't understand how these tight strips can be comfortable when you're sweating in the middle of a game.

I feel like Wallace is misguided more than bad. He thinks he's being loyal to a big club when in reality this is a club that just sacked 10 of their ordinary staff to save a portion McCoist's wage. There's no loyalty in a place like that, it's a disgusting thing to be involved in.

He must also look at the Scotland team and really question his life choices, he could've done what Naismith did and kick on his career, he could've been the established first choice left back right now, as it is Robertson has the shirt and Wallace will be lucky if he gets one more cap. Sad waste of talent.

Henry is a Rangers fan but I was pretty sure David was a childhood Celtic fan.

Don't think Black would ever fit into a Hearts side now, but he's a Cup Final winner and a Thumb clatterer so that good enough for me.That said I can now see why opposition fans dislike him. All Wallace can hope for is a move down South and try and get back to half the player he was 3 years ago.

Surely he must now see that it hasn't been the move he hoped it to be.

Dagger Is Back

McCoist and his team have absolutely ruined some decent football players. There's a few players in their squad that would be welcome additions to ours but he's absolutely stuffed thrm.

Wallace and Templeton bring two of the more obvious ones

Not going to slag off any of them. They each contributed significantly to Hearts in one way or another. Temps scored two of my favourite goals at Easter Rd and Anfield. He chose to take a x3 salary hike which any of us would have done and it's sad to see him wasted at Ibrox.

Wallace is a tragedy and should have left with Naismith and Whittaker when he had the chance. Great left back on his day but sadly looks out of his depth nowadays.

Black is a limited player who got his move based on 1 1/2 good seasons at Hearts. He also moved for the salary which with a young family you can't blame him for. You reap what you sow though and he has been part of an absolute shambles of a team for 3 years now.

I prefer to concentrate on those wearing maroon currently and the lads in our team will go farther in their careers than any of them

Thought Police

When they eventually make it back to the top flight I can't but feel that Temps and Black will get a "cheers boys, now off you go"

Don't be silly I would take Wallace back at the drop of a hat, he would be back in the Scotland squad if he was in a decent team with a decent manager.

Henry is a Rangers fan but I was pretty sure David was a childhood Celtic fan.

Completely correct and that is from the horses mouth, Temps himself told me at one of our POTY dances.

JeanLouisValois84

Spotted Zaliukas behind the dugout too, wondered what he was thinking when we went 2-0 up and the place erupted. Not sure if his heart will be in it with sevco.

Diadora Van Basten

Spotted Zaliukas behind the dugout too, wondered what he was thinking when we went 2-0 up and the place erupted. Not sure if his heart will be in it with sevco.

I think a lot of foreign players play for us and don't really realise how good they have it playing for the famous.

I remember mark de Vries saying he would crawl over broken glass to play for us again.

Archived