How Can People Support 2 Teams With the Heart ?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

shaun.lawson
I think you have an interest or follow results of another team but you can only have one team. I?ve had STs at Fulham and Bayern Munich and I still like Bayern (though I hate Fulham - no atmosphere Craven Cottage). However, the key for me is:

If Hearts were to play any "second team" who would I support - Always the Jambos!

You definitely cannot have a second team in the same league - that is just a nonsense.

But there was no atmosphere at the Olympic Stadium in Munich either!

Personally, I can't distinguish between Hearts and Norwich: they're equal in my affections. To be honest, what's unusual about this is that, given I'm English and was brought up in North West London, Hearts are on a par with the Canaries in the first place. It's also probably some sort of emotional protection, though: I've had a tendency to get way too emotionally involved and intense about things in the past, so at least if one side is in a mess, I have another to follow as well.

Mind you, Hearts have just endured our worst campaign since the early 80s; and Norwich, our worst since 1960! What did I do to upset you, oh lord? :sad:

Oh, I forgot: I actually want England to win the World Cup more than virtually anything in the world too. My patriotism generally only manifests itself in sport, and because I adore international football - it's probably my greatest passion of all - am one of the rare breed who puts country over club(s).

crazy_jambo_2006

Obligation, no. Some people (for reasons best known to themselves) are not Patriotic. I happen to be very Patriotic (for Scotland and for Britain).

So it's not an obligation to be proud of your country or nation. Is it an expectation? I would say yes, it's reasonable to expect people to give a damn about their country/nation.

11 Scottish lads out knocking their pans in to try and beat France or get us to the Euros or the World Cup means more to me than some mercenary playing for a club who pay him to do so (ie he'd be at another club if they paid him more).

But for those who are not into International football or International sport, I'll bring this to a club level. I would say SOME players may be more motivated/interested when playing for a club in their country than if they are playing abroad.

example: Terry (who seems to have come through the ranks at Chelsea and is v passionate) broken after last night's pen miss, Anelka didn't seem too fussed (he's a moody guy who is prob only at Chelsea as they pay him so much).

-----------------

I've got lots of passion, cheers, but absolutely no patriotism (for Scotland at least).

Being proud of your nation of birth isn't actually an obligation, y'know.

Goldstone Wonder

I support Hearts first and foremost, then Scotland, then Brighton. Used to support Chelsea when I was very young and before I moved to Brighton at aged 7 and only took up supporting Hearts properly when I moved up here for Uni at the age of 19 although my Dad was a Jambo. Out of the "big teams" in England I prefer Chelsea as I still have the remnants of an old allegiance. Was very disappointed they didn't win last night but didn't lose any sleep over it. Not really bothered about anyone else in the EPL. Like to see Inter do well.

I am also a keen supporter of Sussex County Cricket Club and follow England at cricket even though I would support any other team against them at football and rugby.

I don't think I have to justify my allegiances to anyone, even if I do have quite a few!

dysfunctional hearts
By supporting two teams they are glory hunters. In most cases their other team generally do well in their leagues. So when Hearts are having a season like this one, they can claim well my other team won.

bollocks i love hearts+sunderland

crazy_jambo_2006

Glad to hear someone else on here puts their country before their club. We are "a rare breed" indeed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

But there was no atmosphere at the Olympic Stadium in Munich either!.................

Oh, I forgot: I actually want England to win the World Cup more than virtually anything in the world too. My patriotism generally only manifests itself in sport, and because I adore international football - it's probably my greatest passion of all - am one of the rare breed who puts country over club(s).

Archived