'Jus wait til the injurez n shuspenshuns kick in' - Bears Den

Walrus

Since the season started I have occasionally had a peek over at Bears Den.

One thing that keeps coming up is how our bubble will burst and we will struggle with injuries and suspensions with the size of our squad. Having had a look at both teams 'first team squads' online I am failing to see a huge difference in the size and quality of each teams squad.

We have a lot of good options up front and in midfield. I think a lot of fans would like us to have better cover at centre back but we do have McGhee and McKay who can play there.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=274730&st=0

Thoughts on our squad?

There's a few in the Rangers squad I don't know anything about.

2cwo609.jpg

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our only problem area is defence. That is well known but even then at this level McGee and McKay should be able to fill in when needed. I don't have great faith in McKay but if we keep scoring goals like we have been we could afford the odd mistake in defence and still win.

They claim they have better depth but after seeing the likes of Daly and Peralta coming in for them against Hibs I think their depth is dreadful all over the park.

They also have a big problem with age. Experience is one thing but they have no pace in that starting 11 if they go with the likes of McCulloch, Zal, McGregor, Daly, Boyd and Smith. Law and Black aren't exactly known for blistering pace either.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Lewis Macleod and Lee Wallace are the only two players I'd be remotely interested in from their squad.

That bunch of knuckledraggers think that we only have 16/17 year olds to replace anybody who gets injured or suspended.

They can't see past the end of their blue noses, never have, never will.

This of course is good news for us, because by the time they realise the truth it will be too late for them, and I would love to see the look on their faces when the penny finally drops.

:jjyay:

This demonstrates the difference between learned behaviour and instinctive behaviour in animals. They can't help slavering about injuries and suspensions as it's instinctive behaviour. The same as a dog cocking it's leg up against a lamp post.

Shanks said no

Bears Den is getting interesting as they begin to split even further. There is almost universal agreement that McCoist is a clown but the majority of them are still clinging to "but we are the people" mentality. A few are repeatedly telling them to wake up and smell the coffee but they still think they are a European super power with a righteous attitude. Following their poster GOAT is amusing as he tries to explain again and again that its not a fluke that Hearts keep winning. He might just a deep undercover Jambo.

• 02 Paterson
  • 03 McHattie
  • 09 El Hassnaoui
  • 10 Holt
  • 11 Nicholson
  • 13 Hamilton
  • 14 Pallardo Gonzalez

Hearts subs bench against alloa.

Two Hearts starting line ups from the squad:

Alexander

Paterson Wilson Ozturk McHattie

Walker Gomis Buaben Nicholson

Sow El Hassanoui

Gallagher

McGhee McKay (CB needed) Eckersley

King Holt Pallardo Carrick

Keatings Oliver

That second team there would be competitive against over half the teams in the league never mind adding any players from that first team to it.

Our only problem for me is if we were to lose both Wilson and Ozturk at same time. McGhee and McKay in the centre isn't experienced enough for me, however wouldnt be the end of the world against any of the bottom half

To say we dont have the squad depth to win the league is nonsense

Lewis Macleod and Lee Wallace are the only two players I'd be remotely interested in from their squad.

I would take Zaliukas back.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I suppose their supporters can feel confident of their club avoiding the suspensions that others will suffer, but their aging squad must surely suffer more, and longer, absences from injury than most younger squads. I don't know if the Hearts policy of playing the same style throughout the age groups will have an effect already but I'm sure those knocking on the door for a starting place will be well used to the modern game we play. I expect, though, that TRFC will have no problems in this area either as hoofball needs very little coaching.

It is something of a compliment, though, that these TRFC supporters see their only chance of catching us is if we suffer a greater number of injuries than them, rather than the possibility of them becoming as good our team.

At least they seem to be moving away from the 'war-chest' scenario.

OF fans are on the whole utterly ignorant of the rest of scottish football.

Too many words!

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Na, he's regressed back to his old self after going through a purple patch with us during his peak years. 31 next month.

This demonstrates the difference between learned behaviour and instinctive behaviour in animals. They can't help slavering about injuries and suspensions as it's instinctive behaviour. The same as a dog cocking it's leg up against a lamp post.

You leave our canine friends out of any comparison with the rats in Govan.

The only "dog" analogy I will permit is my favourite - skubala = dog shit!

Not for me - McGhee is a more than able deputy should deputize if either Wilson or Ozturk are out. McKay will also be fine against most of the team in the league.

Having nboiw had a decent look at Ozturk for the past couple of months, I might even be tempted to play McGhee ahead of him until he learns to attack the ball.

The Future's Maroon

Obviously biased but I honestly see our squad stronger after looking at it like that, and why don't they ask themselves the same question - what will happen when injuries and suspensions hit THEM?

And haven't they seen, we have been hit by injuries and suspensions already (the keepers nightmare at the start of the season, Callum's injuriy and the suspension to Walker (I think or was it Robinson) from last season, the two game ban on Walker after Hibs game...not forgetting the fact a few guys who came in were not even fit when signed).

When bored, I venture over there or .net for a chuckle - never fails.

wentworth jambo

The one thing they have cottoned on to is how deep in s**t they are....years gone by, there would have been loads of threads over there and on swallowswallow.com asking "Sam Nicholson / Osman Sow / Prince / Gomis / etc - do you think we should sign him ?" - think they're finally realising the biscuit tin is empty and no blue knight is coming along to refill it ! For all their "wait until injuries / suspensions kick in", what they really mean is "wait until the authorities start to realise we're in danger of not going up"....

I wouldn't. I did initially when he signed for Rangers but not now.

I'm glad we didn't try to sign him.

18Jambo_dave74

The thing that Rangers fans haven't realised is that we have already had injuries and suspensions.

Buaben, Walker, Sow and Robinson have all been suspended already.

Alexander, Gallacher, Paterson, Carrick, King and Keatings have all missed games through injury whilst the likes of Pallardo and El Hass are still trying to get match fit.

I don't doubt that a lot of Rangers players are better than they are currently showing (McCoist largely to blame) but at the moment there aren't many of their players that I think are better than who we have.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

So what they're saying is "if and when the famous lose some of their better players, the Hun will have a chance."

Must be fun down their way right now.

:pleasing:

Kind of on topic but does anyone else think Nicky Law looks like Roger from American Dad?

Nicky+Law.jpgRoger_Smith.png

:lol:

Very much so.

I miss the days of you commenting only in gif form.

Edit: that's not a slight on your post content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Our defence is as strong as".....

We've only lost 4 goals in the league. Rangers have lost more points than we have lost goals.

Plenty good defensive cover too.

I'm not worried about those stone age cretins over in weegie land!!

The delusion over there is unbelievable.

There's the whole "blue tinted glasses" argument and then there is complete and utter idiocy and downright refusal to believe the glory days are over for them. With all of the problems going on over there just now I just can't see how they can be so confident our bubble will burst, because why should it? Everything is going Hearts way, on and off the pitch.

Gulf in class is massive between us and them. Even when we're strolling it in 5-0, 4-0 wins week in week out, grinding out results when we're not on top form against teams they couldn't manage it against, dropping just 2 points in 9 games and still unbeaten yet the majority of their fans still think they're a much better team while we quietly get the job done. I think I will print out copies of that thread for handing out to The Rangers fans at the end of the season.

Although to be fair a few of them over there do seem level-headed and put across an OK argument as to why they have the opinion they do, which is fair enough I guess even if it is wrong (IMO!), but for the most part they seem to think "We're Rangers, we'll win" and there is nothing else to it.

A bit of a tangent but has anyone had a nosy at the Scotland game thread over there? Jesus Christ it's a shocker!

Lee Wallace wasted the best years of his career by staying with the newco and would have had another 20 caps at least if he'd gone down south when the oldco went bust. It's debatable whether he can ever get back to the level he was at 3-4 years ago.

Two Hearts starting line ups from the squad:

Alexander

Paterson Wilson Ozturk McHattie

Walker Gomis Buaben Nicholson

Sow El Hassanoui

Gallagher

McGhee McKay (CB needed) Eckersley

King Holt Pallardo Carrick

Keatings Oliver

That second team there would be competitive against over half the teams in the league never mind adding any players from that first team to it.

Our only problem for me is if we were to lose both Wilson and Ozturk at same time. McGhee and McKay in the centre isn't experienced enough for me, however wouldnt be the end of the world against any of the bottom half

To say we dont have the squad depth to win the league is nonsense

It's interesting to note that, on a couple of occasions, including Saturday, the Prince has moved to centre back when circumstance requires it. This suggests that he's quite happy to play there and that our head coach is cool with that too.

Allowayjambo1874

The depth of their squad is about to be severely tested with 7 games in 22 days, possible for 1-2 games to go to extra time too. Lewis McLeod injury flares back up and Boyd keeps firing blanks (ooh matron) and we may have pulled a little bit further away or they will be out of 1-2 of the cups as just cannot see them winning every single game.

They've got seven games to play in the space of three weeks, starting on Saturday. They have more chance of picking up injuries and suspensions than we do.

Had a good read at this thread on the huns den yesterday. Absolute muppets, "hearts will collapse in dec/jan" they are truly delusional and still reckon the are the best team in the country.. they have no logical reason for thinking they will steam roller through the season other than the fact they are the rangers.

It's interesting to note that, on a couple of occasions, including Saturday, the Prince has moved to centre back when circumstance requires it. This suggests that he's quite happy to play there and that our head coach is cool with that too.

Noticed that as well. Obviusly you don't want that to happen but we have Holt, Pallardo and Robinson to step into centre mid if Prince does have to play at the back.

They've got seven games to play in the space of three weeks, starting on Saturday. They have more chance of picking up injuries and suspensions than we do.

7 games in 3 weeks will give ally some good excuses for getting beat.

Just a comment to the Bears

"just you wait til our passing and pressing game really kicks in, when we start dominating every game from kick off, when our forwards gain full fitness and are sharper creating and taking more chances and when our superior fitness kicks in in second half of season"

sorry guys but what do you have to offer when the going gets tough?

Ain't nothing yet from the Hearts.

Since the season started I have occasionally had a peek over at Bears Den.

One thing that keeps coming up is how our bubble will burst and we will struggle with injuries and suspensions with the size of our squad. Having had a look at both teams 'first team squads' online I am failing to see a huge difference in the size and quality of each teams squad.

We have a lot of good options up front and in midfield. I think a lot of fans would like us to have better cover at centre back but we do have McGhee and McKay who can play there.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=274730&st=0

Thoughts on our squad?

There's a few in the Rangers squad I don't know anything about.

2cwo609.jpg

we are also 9 points clear and their top man Boyd has less league goals than hibs goalkeeper ...they really are worried and probably thinking they won't win a play off.so they brag they'll do this and that and won't admit it but shitting themselves about our position and how we are dismissing teams with ease.i hope their new club dies again.they're good for laughing at.

Just a comment to the Bears

"just you wait til our passing and pressing game really kicks in, when we start dominating every game from kick off, when our forwards gain full fitness and are sharper creating and taking more chances and when our superior fitness kicks in in second half of season"

Yeh that worked for them when they were playing against joiners, plumbers & posties, now that they are playing against other full time teams that ain't going to work.

Total delusion from that mob.

I wouldn't take anyone from that rangers team atm.

Maybe Wallace at a push if he could step his game back up to where it was.

scottish_chicP

I can happily log on to JKB at work however Bears Den is blocked....says it all really!

Its very early days when we are 20 league games in and still top then I will start to see where we are but at present I have no fear of Rangers.

Shanks said no

has anyone got an undercover ID on bearsden? Is it easy enough to set up?

Its quite easy to set up, the difficult part is not blowing your cover, I mentioned the L word in error and all hell broke loose. Fortunately I didn't know what half the names they called me meant.

Its quite easy to set up, the difficult part is not blowing your cover, I mentioned the L word in error and all hell broke loose. Fortunately I didn't know what half the names they called me meant.

haha do you have a link to that? would be funny to read

Yeh that worked for them when they were playing against joiners, plumbers & posties, now that they are playing against other full time teams that ain't going to work.

Total delusion from that mob.

Exactly. I could guarantee 100% that our squad will be much fitter than they're group of wasters. Our players actually train

Exactly. I could guarantee 100% that our squad will be much fitter than they're group of wasters. Our players actually train

Have there been any reports on what their players actually do in training?

has anyone got an undercover ID on bearsden? Is it easy enough to set up?

If you have 1690 in your email address somewhere, i'm sure it will be no questions asked and welcomed with open arms.

We're usually stronger second half of the season also

:antlers:

That's certainly true about last season, when we got much better results in the second half. And I think our fitness levels are much better this year.

We can't control injuries, of course, but Rangers are as vulnerable to them as we are.

Believing that we will 'collapse', or that injuries and suspensions will drag us down, is all wishful thinking.

we are also 9 points clear and their top man Boyd has less league goals than hibs goalkeeper ...they really are worried and probably thinking they won't win a play off.so they brag they'll do this and that and won't admit it but shitting themselves about our position and how we are dismissing teams with ease.i hope their new club dies again.they're good for laughing at.

If anyone had said before the start of the season, that come October, we'd have TWELVE players that had scored more league goals than Boyd, they'd have been laughed at.

Archived