'Jus wait til the injurez n shuspenshuns kick in' - Bears Den

Walrus

I'm hoping Hibs do Rangers in the playoffs and then pull the trap door on Mirren or Well (I have a soft spot for the highland clubs and hope County gets off the dime). That way we still get derbies next year and Hibs spend all summer talking about a "new day" and "doing a Hamilton," only to do another faceplant next season too. :jjyay:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we chill out with the Hibs/Rangers play off chat. There's still a LONG way to go yet. I'm confident we can win this league but let's not get to carried away.

bigsuperslim1874

The old phrase 'tin hat on' here, but ideally IF we win the league I would like to see Hibs get to the play offs and get promoted for two reasons 1. We have the Derby next year and 2. The Rangers stay in the Championship.

:spoton:

If you asked 99% of Rangers fans to name 11 current Hearts players they'd struggle. They're programmed to think about two teams their own and Celtic. And in some respects its not surprising given for a couple of decades it's all they've had to worry about. None of them have really grasped the reality of their situation nor accepted any blame.

Ally McCoist is the scape goat for now but I don't think any of them are really contemplating not winning the league - they are reducing the amount of points they'll win it by but not actually believing they wont win it. And that suits us let them and their circus carry on while Robbie and the team go about their business.

We have four games before we play Rangers, they will have eight if they do not cancel during the next international break. Looking forward to seeing how our injuries and suspensions will be worse than theirs.

I'm hoping Hibs do Rangers in the playoffs and then pull the trap door on Mirren or Well (I have a soft spot for the highland clubs and hope County gets off the dime). That way we still get derbies next year and Hibs spend all summer talking about a "new day" and "doing a Hamilton," only to do another faceplant next season too. :jjyay:

I'd be happier for Hibs to do Rangers in the play offs then **** up against the second bottom SPL side and remain in the Championship for another season, at least.

I'd be happier for Hibs to do Rangers in the play offs then **** up against the second bottom SPL side and remain in the Championship for another season, at least.

The Jackpot Scenario!

As rangers are incapable of bringing through young players, that 24 man squad is a rigid limit of the players they have available

The 23 we have listed there, will no doubt be added to before the season is over, by young lads breaking through from the U20, whether we need to fill in for injuries and suspensions or not

Mac_fae_Gillie

thing Rangers forget is we can buy or pay a loaned in player in Jan if needed, they on the other had are out of money by a massive margin so 23/24 may well change in our favour.

This post pretty much sums them up for me:

"If Hearts are 8/13 on what odds are we. I would like a punt on us as our odds must be far too generous versus the reality that we are better equiped for the long haul of a full season."

They actually think they are still watching Glasgow Rangers, the club that ceased to be a couple of years ago. They actually think they are entitled to romp this league just like the old Rangers did so many times in the past when they had all those expensive players, bought and paid for with money they didn't have. They ACTUALLY THINK that they have a superior squad :err: .

They are basing this on what? the fact they romped the other 2 leagues? Well I should think so, the majority are part timers. I'm sure most Junior teams would fancy their chances against some of those, as is shown in the Scottish Cup every season.

The fact they are struggling just now in the Championship is not just a blip like they seem to think it is, it's because there are a lot of teams in the Championship who could hold their own in the SPL, and Rangers are at present lower SPL level at absolute best. So while they swagger onto those wee pitches, chests thrust out, giving it 'we arra peepul' the opposition are just shrugging their shoulders, rolling up their sleeves and getting in about them. They're not awe-struck like they (Sevco) have maybe come to expect from the lower leagues, and they are causing them problems. Sevco don't like it up them, FACT. They don't know how to deal with teams that don't just lie down to them.

So let their fans grasp firmly onto that last straw that they are 'The Rangers' (although we all know they are not even a pale shadow of what they were). It makes it all the sweeter when realisation finally dawns that they may just not get into the SPL this season.

I wouldn't fancy their chances in the play offs, just saying.

Of course it still requires us to do our part, which I am confident we will, and like I said on a thread yesterday I canny wait until November 22nd.

'Danny Wilsons got a hamstring injury and will miss their next few matches, hope it affects them and these injuries mount up '

Few...as in one...as a precaution, will be back for the derby.

The Future's Maroon

Oh no....we don't have anyone to come in and play at CB as our squad is too small/weak, the title challenge is over so just give The Rangers the title now - what are we gonna do now lads?

Oh no....we don't have anyone to come in and play at CB as our squad is too small/weak, the title challenge is over so just give The Rangers the title now - what are we gonna do now lads?

Relegation, it's the only way. Danny Wilson being out for one game = Doomed.

The old phrase 'tin hat on' here, but ideally IF we win the league I would like to see Hibs get to the play offs and get promoted for two reasons 1. We have the Derby next year and 2. The Rangers stay in the Championship.

That could still happen AND Hibs don't have to be in the playoffs for it to happen. Personally if both of them stayed down and we went up I would laugh my ****** off.

I'd like to see where we are after we have played Rangers at the end of November before making any bold predictions.

And even then I would be wary.

And any sensible Rangers fans should be of the same mindset.

When we get going we have been very good, but in Dumbarton and Alloa (admittedly I wasn't there but going by what folks say we weren't good) we have had 2 really poor performances. So if that is averaged out over the season, it's nearly 25% of games where we just can't get going. Take 2/3 of the points on offer mind.

This league will still be well up for grabs come spring on whenever Easter is this year.

Blackford Hearts

I think this quote from BD sums up the reality:

'We might have a bigger squad, but the problem is that 80-90% of the players are ******* hopeless. Strength in depth only works when the players are any good!'

As long as Hearts management team keep with the strategy that's worked successfully so far, and keep the players level headed we will continue to be successful

I would actually accept rangers or hibs going up through the play offs under one circumstance. They send St Mirren down while doing it.

'Danny Wilsons got a hamstring injury and will miss their next few matches, hope it affects them and these injuries mount up '

Few...as in one...as a precaution, will be back for the derby.

If it was any other player aside from maybe Sow, just because he scored against them, they wouldn't have a Scooby who it was, where he played or whether he was a key player or not. Because its ex-ranger Danny Wilson they know who he is and he's a centre half........their conclusion - we'll lose the game.

It's almost like they've forgotten there is a transfer window in January and we are very likely to be in a position to add to the first team squad if we are looking light in certain areas, whereas they are likely to have no funds to spend unless they can offload high earners, but that wouldn't go down well with the Orcs, who still believe they can buy their way to promotion.

The Future's Maroon

It's almost like they've forgotten there is a transfer window in January and we are very likely to be in a position to add to the first team squad if we are looking light in certain areas, whereas they are likely to have no funds to spend unless they can offload high earners, but that wouldn't go down well with the Orcs, who still believe they can buy their way to promotion.

But, but, but they will have Davor King's millions to spend?!

:facepalm:

I can see us adding a centre half in January.

Presuming that Dannys' injury isn't particularly serious, I don't think we need to. I'd rather we didn't spend money unneccessarily. I think Danny and Oz will come good as they gel over the season.

Jimmy McNulty

One of Hibs / Rangers going up in return for St Mirren coming down?

I hate St Mirren, but no thanks. Would prefer neither Hibs or Rangers come up.

Snake Plissken

I would actually accept rangers or hibs going up through the play offs under one circumstance. They send St Mirren down while doing it.

No.

kingantti1874

Presuming that Dannys' injury isn't particularly serious, I don't think we need to. I'd rather we didn't spend money unneccessarily. I think Danny and Oz will come good as they gel over the season.

We need another for cover.. It's the one position we are a tad short

There are 2 injuries/ suspensions that if lasted a while could dent our challenge. Gomis and Buaben.

Lose one and we're fine, lose both for more than 2 games - I'd be slightly concerned.

We_are_the_Hearts

There are 2 injuries/ suspensions that if lasted a while could dent our challenge. Gomis and Buaben.

Lose one and we're fine, lose both for more than 2 games - I'd be slightly concerned.

It's hard to say but I thought Holt would be a standout in this league and Pallardo has a great pedigree. They would need to go some to be as influential as Prince and Gomis but I am sure they could hold their own in this League. Wilson is also an important player for me. In fact the spine of Wilson, Gomis, Buaben and Sow are the ones we need to keep fit

Teuchterjambo

Hibs up from the paly offs is a must as far as I'm concerned ... why would we want to deny ourselves of one of life's greatest pleasures and a bonus of 12 points ... c,mon , think about it !

The Treasurer

If you asked 99% of Rangers fans to name 11 current Hearts players they'd struggle.

To be fair the same can be said of 99% of most football fans. I'd struggle to name 11 players from any other team. That's not being blinkered, I'm just not that interested in other clubs, my only concern is my own club

Newco players have had a fortnight puting on weight and beer in the bars of the wild West with Sally.

I bet they lose the next yin.

Hibs up from the paly offs is a must as far as I'm concerned ... why would we want to deny ourselves of one of life's greatest pleasures and a bonus of 12 points ... c,mon , think about it !

That's the difference- they wanted to end us, while we don't ever want it to end

12 points has never happened. I'd rather they tread water in the sea of pish that is the championship for years to come, hopefully along with Rangers for at least next season

I would struggle to name more than a handful of Rangers first team players.

Ritchie, Shearer and Caldow; Greig, McKinnon and Baxter; Henderson, McMillan, Miller, Brand and Wilson.

And I have always hated the ****!

But, as you say, can't think of more than a few of the present team.

The Treasurer

Back on the thread topic, I see Zal is now expected to be out for a number of weeks.

What was that about injureez and suzpenshuns ?

kingantti1874

12 points has never happened. I'd rather they tread water in the sea of pish that is the championship for years to come, hopefully along with Rangers for at least next season

It has. A common myth this one

Back on the thread topic, I see Zal is now expected to be out for a number of weeks.

What was that about injureez and suzpenshuns ?

Will he miss the internationals?

Rangers were probably considering playing Alloa on 15 November.

Probably preying for 3 calls ups now.

I P Knightley

I think if we become champions, against all Hun odds, we should be allowed to nominate who comes up with us.

I'd nominate Hibs for the 12 points and giggles.

It has. A common myth this one

12 points? I think you're mistaken there mate.

We did win all four games in 2012 but that was nine points and a cup final.

So we miss Gomis (perhaps) & Wilson this weekend, we still get the 3 points against Dumbarton, we win the derby (another 3 points) and probably get someone sent off (usual) then we meet them at Tynecastle.

They are right....we are falling apart :wow:

Pffft

Another Robbo

I'd settle for that...

kingantti1874

Fark.. Correct silly me

Ally McCoist has finally introduced modern training methods at Rangers.

Lee Wallace was in the company of a workmate of mine last week and told him AMc had them playing crab football at training! :cornette:

Another Robbo

Ally McCoist has finally introduced modern training methods at Rangers.

Lee Wallace was in the company of a workmate of mine last week and told him AMc had them playing crap football at training! :cornette:

FTFY

To be fair, this one is quite good - he doesn't even see how he defeats his own logic:

It's not a theory. We can play better than we have so far.

Hearts are the form team right now but they're not infallible. They had 1 shot against Alloa, we had 15. In the end they won we drew, but I don't fear them because they have had a good start.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

To be fair, this one is quite good - he doesn't even see how he defeats his own logic:

[/font][/color]

Where is he getting that we had one shot against Alloa? :lol: Off the top of my head, Carrick, Sow & Buaben all came close.

Where is he getting that we had one shot against Alloa? :lol: Off the top of my head, Carrick, Sow & Buaben all came close.

BBC match reports.

Alloa v Rangers

Shots 10 16

On Target 5 3

Alloa v Hearts

Shots 9 10

On Target 0 1

We had one shot on target the report says but the hun is taking all their shots 16 but only our 1 on target, to make it look better.

But just look at the number of shots Alloa had on target in both games, 5 against the hun and 0 against us.

At least 2 as we eh...scored and we hit the woodwork or does that not count? Both the orcs and hubz really having to scrape the bottom of the excuse barrel due to our start and the depth of squad that already has had injuries and suspensions. We may not be on fire every game but we win almost every game.

Archived