'Jus wait til the injurez n shuspenshuns kick in' - Bears Den

Walrus

That's certainly true about last season, when we got much better results in the second half. And I think our fitness levels are much better this year.

We can't control injuries, of course, but Rangers are as vulnerable to them as we are.

Believing that we will 'collapse', or that injuries and suspensions will drag us down, is all wishful thinking.

Ermm...

Lee+McCulloch+Glasgow+Rangers+Training+Press+htiflOGxcUCl.jpg

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a good read at this thread on the huns den yesterday. Absolute muppets, "hearts will collapse in dec/jan" they are truly delusional and still reckon the are the best team in the country.. they have no logical reason for thinking they will steam roller through the season other than the fact they are used to be rangers.

FTFY

Remember guys .. The three options they have (1) Sweet FA want them back . (2) They won the tax case ??! Nothing wrong there (3)They have goddamn right to be in the top division ???! Another year out of the top would be catastrophic for Scottish Football ( insert .. We ar the people !! ) and (media redundancies )

Just a comment to the Bears

"just you wait til our passing and pressing game really kicks in, when we start dominating every game from kick off, when our forwards gain full fitness and are sharper creating and taking more chances and when our superior fitness kicks in in second half of season"

sorry guys but what do you have to offer when the going gets tough?

Ain't nothing yet from the Hearts.

And what about when our team really gels and begin to understand everyone, our fitness is up to peak (2/3 sessions a day will undoubtedly improve fitness of all the team, even if they were with us last year, El hass still has match sharpness needed). If a team they have "built" for 2 years haven't been able to put in place a pressing and passing system yet, why do they think it will just click now? Plus they can't keep up with a team that has went through all it has over the summer, been built up over several months and is performing way beyond what anyone expected. Absolute mutants

Lord Beni of Gorgie

OF fans are on the whole utterly ignorant of the rest of scottish football.

Pretty much as said above. They have player's who may be recognized but aren't getting any better. We are constantly improving so therefore the gap could get wider. Never been so confident.

I P Knightley

If anyone had said before the start of the season, that come October, we'd have TWELVE players that had scored more league goals than Boyd, they'd have been laughed at.

Hibs have a goalie who's scored more than Boyd.

That's even more ludicrous.

The Great Khali

• 02 Paterson
  • 03 McHattie
  • 09 El Hassnaoui
  • 10 Holt
  • 11 Nicholson
  • 13 Hamilton
  • 14 Pallardo Gonzalez

Hearts subs bench against alloa.

Dat bench doh

dat-ass016%20watermark.gif

Hagar the Horrible

I love the continuous quotes we will still finish 10 points ahead of them? but it was 20 at the start of the season, now its 10, that's a 19 point turn around, I don't think we will drop 19 points in the remaining 27 games, considering we have only dropped 2 in the first quarter? meanwhile as they have dropped 8 in 8 games, they will need to win every game between now and the end of the season to have a 19 point turnover. best of luck with that? and the wait until they have injuries and suspensions, sorry been there done that, and guess what you have your best 11, and the so called strongest squad yet we are 9 point ahead with an ever improving team still learning and getting stronger. but wait until the winter? good point your long hoof ball will trump our passing game in bad conditions, lets see how that straw holds out to the ever increasing weight of you team?

airdriejambo3

That Rangers squad looks like it will be rock solid when injuries and suspensions kick in (or the realisation that their best players are beyond their use by date). Black,McGregor,Boyd, Law and McCulloch to name but a few are players who are of a similar quality of our players except they think they are superstars and have no interest in playing for a championship Rangers side they are all hanging on for those old firm games that have been pitching tents in their pants since they signed. Little do they know that barring Wallace, McLeod and possibly Bell they will be lucky to sit on a bench in a old firm match. I mean does Blackie or Foster or even Miller think they are good enough to challenge for titles ...... Don't make me laugh, To me the difference between Hearts and Rangers is simple our boys want to play for Hearts and progress in their careers, Rangers players like the IDEA of playing for Rangers and most likely know their time there is running out and its all downhill for them once Rangers hit the Premier.

WorldChampions1902

Did I just imagine one of the worst teams in our league pumping them 3-1 at Ibrox a couple of weeks ago? Thought not. They really ARE deluded.

• 02 Paterson
  • 03 McHattie
  • 09 El Hassnaoui
  • 10 Holt
  • 11 Nicholson
  • 13 Hamilton
  • 14 Pallardo Gonzalez

Hearts subs bench against alloa.

I realize that game was a bit of an inverted bench, but there's at least four players on there with some potential of being regular first team international players for Scotland.

On the bench. For an away league game.

This season: :wub:

rudi must stay

Just wait till its 18 points. Exciting times just now, they have no pace in their team. As football experts you'd expect them to realise that, and where their teams difficiencies are

That Rangers squad looks like it will be rock solid when injuries and suspensions kick in (or the realisation that their best players are beyond their use by date). Black,McGregor,Boyd, Law and McCulloch to name but a few are players who are of a similar quality of our players except they think they are superstars and have no interest in playing for a championship Rangers side they are all hanging on for those old firm games that have been pitching tents in their pants since they signed. Little do they know that barring Wallace, McLeod and possibly Bell they will be lucky to sit on a bench in a old firm match. I mean does Blackie or Foster or even Miller think they are good enough to challenge for titles ...... Don't make me laugh, To me the difference between Hearts and Rangers is simple our boys want to play for Hearts and progress in their careers, Rangers players like the IDEA of playing for Rangers and most likely know their time there is running out and its all downhill for them once Rangers hit the Premier.

Black - never that good and 2012 won't change it. McGregor - hope he continues to be played at RB : I love the way he effortlessly and consistently hoofs the ball up the park. Boyd & McCulloch : 7 games in 22 days , did you say ? LOL.

As for Law, not so long ago he wouldn't have got near Ibrox.

The rest of the squad (Wallace & their starlet in midfield apart) are so forgettable it's not true.

Playing in front of ever decreasing crowds at Ibrox won't help them.

So long as HMFC avoid defeat to Sevco shortly I think the league will be ours to lose.

marshallschunkychicken

Anyone able to confirm how many players we've used this season in the league so far? I wonder how that compares with them?

Fort Vallance

Black - never that good and 2012 won't change it. McGregor - hope he continues to be played at RB : I love the way he effortlessly and consistently hoofs the ball up the park. Boyd & McCulloch : 7 games in 22 days , did you say ? LOL.

The rest of the squad (Wallace & their starlet in midfield apart) are so forgettable it's not true.

So long as HMFC avoid defeat to Sevco shortly I think the league will be ours to lose.

Thats it in a nutshell. They have to win this game. While I expect they'll get all the help possible from the officials, I can't see them as better than us. We can play whatever system / style we like and take it as it comes. A draw wouldn't be a disaster for us but it's no good to them.

I love the continuous quotes we will still finish 10 points ahead of them? but it was 20 at the start of the season, now its 10, that's a 19 point turn around, I don't think we will drop 19 points in the remaining 27 games, considering we have only dropped 2 in the first quarter? meanwhile as they have dropped 8 in 8 games, they will need to win every game between now and the end of the season to have a 19 point turnover. best of luck with that? and the wait until they have injuries and suspensions, sorry been there done that, and guess what you have your best 11, and the so called strongest squad yet we are 9 point ahead with an ever improving team still learning and getting stronger. but wait until the winter? good point your long hoof ball will trump our passing game in bad conditions, lets see how that straw holds out to the ever increasing weight of you team?

I don't think Rangers will go on a run of winning every game in a set of 9, so they will always drop some points.

I reckon due to experience they will get by and each set of 9 games they will win 7, draw one, lose one.

If we are the team that beats them next quarter then it will be difficult for them to catch us and we would have to lose 6 games or so from December onwards.

Dundee lost 9 games all last season; Hamilton 7 and Falkirk 8. It's highly unikely either us or Rangers will lose anything close to that all season as we are just too strong for the rest.

If anything it won't be defeats that will stop us now, we just have to be careful of not drawing too many games, which is why Saturday was such a big result.

Rangers have 7 games in 3 weeks from Saturday and there is the game between us at Tynecastle at the end of November.

End October and end November are 2 big check points that could well define the season for both of us.

With Prince and Gomis I expect us to keep going. If we were to lose both of them for any length of time I'd be worried about the big drop in quality in the centre of our midfield.

I've seen and read a lot about the likes of Holt and Robinson, and maybe Pallardo will be great (without any evidence yet though I have to discount him), but as things stand just now there's a big gap between our preferred midfield pairing and any alternative.

boabyarsebiscuit

The graphic in the OP just highlights for me how utterly crap McCoist is as a manager. They have some decent players, especially for the Championship. But McCoist is easily one of the worst managers in the League, and his totally clueless approach will hurt them.

bigsuperslim1874

Just a comment to the Bears

"just you wait til our passing and pressing game really kicks in, when we start dominating every game from kick off, when our forwards gain full fitness and are sharper creating and taking more chances and when our superior fitness kicks in in second half of season"

sorry guys but what do you have to offer when the going gets tough?

Ain't nothing yet from the Hearts.

I read this as a comment from Mikey1874 TO The Rangers - not a comment from BeardsDen?

The Apprentice

With Prince and Gomis I expect us to keep going. If we were to lose both of them for any length of time I'd be worried about the big drop in quality in the centre of our midfield.

I've seen and read a lot about the likes of Holt and Robinson, and maybe Pallardo will be great (without any evidence yet though I have to discount him), but as things stand just now there's a big gap between our preferred midfield pairing and any alternative.

I agree. We have more than suitable replacements but Gomis and Buaben are outstanding and getting better every week.

Avoid defeat? The game at tynecastle has the potential to be the hammering we have owed them for a long time. Nothing is a given but the way we have been playing at home and the potential for us to only get better as the team evolves.....it could be 10. With the pressure on that team and Ally in charge definitely.

Avoid defeat? The game at tynecastle has the potential to be the hammering we have owed them for a long time. Nothing is a given but the way we have been playing at home and the potential for us to only get better as the team evolves.....it could be 10. With the pressure on that team and Ally in charge definitely.

God, I hope you're right. Even 3 or 4 nil would be a sweet, sweet way to ram it up them after all the pain we suffered at the hands of OldCo.

I agree that the priority is to avoid defeat, though. It's an absolute must-win match for SevCo. A draw is fine for us, as it means they lose an opportunity to make up ground on us, and useless to them for the same reason.

after dumbarton we have, hibs away, raith at home, falkirk away, rangers at home, qos at home.............

if we come through that period of games undefeated we can be confident of going on to win the league.............

the end of this month start of next month will tell us if we are in fact the real deal imo...........

Have there been any reports on what their players actually do in training?

Going by some posts on that forum, not very much. I really doubt Sally will have them doing double or triple sessions like Robbie's got the team doing. When would they get time for Nandos and pints?

What do they mean when injuries and suspension kick in we've already had -

Suspended - Sow, Bauben and Walker all first pick at them moment

Injuries - Alexander, Gallagher, Paterson, Keatings, El Hass

So :wtf:

Even if McCoist now decided "right let's copy Hearts training methods" and started adopting double/triple training sessions it would be too late.

His old pals would not be able to handle doing such intense training sessions as it would only result in injury. These jokers have been tossing it off for the best part of 3 years, their bodies simply couldn't cope with it.

There's only one club going to struggle with injury/fitness come the buisness end of the season........and it ain't gonni be us :lol:

coming away fae ma laddies match yesterday I was told " hopefully the next time I see you cookie yer team will have lost a game "my reply was "ok mate see you in april but I doubt it " and gave him the smug look

We only have 9 games with no midweeks until the transfer window and I'd be shocked if Levein & Neilson do not have a couple of additions lined up including a Centre Half for the window, they have 4 more games up to the transfer window and a much older squad not to mention disgruntled fans rather than the 12th man in the stands we currently have. Maybe wishful thinking but I think they will drop more points than us.

Firstly the majority of their fans seem to believe that a number of billionaires should be lining up to take them over and spend...sorry waste their money on the club, the thought process seems to be is that this is something they deserve because they are 'Rangers'.... nothing more than that just simply because.

Secondly they still live in a fantasy world shared with Hibs where thay have loads of free cash sloshing about to sign players like Steven Fletcher, Pedro or even Wesley Sneijder..........this 'world' must be some place where all your dreams come true and fly in the face of the known financial problems

Lastly they really do believe that their players are of such a high standard that competition for the title was never envisaged and indeed should not even be contemplated.

Did I just imagine one of the worst teams in our league pumping them 3-1 at Ibrox a couple of weeks ago? Thought not. They really ARE deluded.

If that happened it certainly couldn't have been Bibs who inflicted such pain and misery. They couldn't beat anybody 3-1.

Wonder who it was.

There is still a possibility that this new Sevco club will finally attain the stature of their predecessors. I sincerly hope that doesn't happen and as things stand right now, we can all take great pleasure from the reading the Bears Den from time to time. It's not as good as partyplanners but it's still good fun.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

What do they mean when injuries and suspension kick in we've already had -

Suspended - Sow, Bauben and Walker all first pick at them moment

Injuries - Alexander, Gallagher, Paterson, Keatings, El Hass

So :wtf:

Carrick and McHattie were injured too.

Gregory House M.D.

The club with a squad full of 30 somethings are waiting on the "burn-out" of the squad full of 20 somethings.

:gok:

J Cheever Loophole

Do bears shit in the woods? I know they're shitting in their breeks about coming to Tynie!

We only have 9 games with no midweeks until the transfer window and I'd be shocked if Levein & Neilson do not have a couple of additions lined up including a Centre Half for the window, they have 4 more games up to the transfer window and a much older squad not to mention disgruntled fans rather than the 12th man in the stands we currently have. Maybe wishful thinking but I think they will drop more points than us.

Agreed. Our finances are on an excellent footing and revenue budgets are being exceeded due to the fantastic attendances at home.

Now we have put ourselves in a great position to win this league I am sure we will bring in a couple of excellent signings without breaking the bank.

Rangers on the other hand are SKINT and they will have to stick with what they have got.

"Despite our patchy form at present, I am still confident we will win the league. Hearts are having a good run but from what I've seen the are nothing to get overly concerned about."

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

I'm happy to wait and see how this pans out. I'd far rather be us than them.

They could be back in the premiership with us in the bottom tier and I'd far rather be us than them any day.

coming away fae ma laddies match yesterday I was told " hopefully the next time I see you cookie yer team will have lost a game "my reply was "ok mate see you in april but I doubt it " and gave him the smug look

epic

Since the season started I have occasionally had a peek over at Bears Den.

As Friedrich Nietzche said

?Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.?

It feels like confessing a guilty secret but I have taken some pleasure in perusing the Bears Den over recent weeks. While the language makes me blush the blatant sectarianism confirms my view of how horrible they are and have always been.

In recent days it has given me great pleasure to read between the lines. They want to say that Hibs are rubbish and they would be right of course. Trouble is that in two visits to Ibrox, Hibs have suffered one unlucky defeat and dealt out a 3-1 thrasing. Better still, in their next two home games, Hibs have only managed draws against very modest opposition. Meanwhile Hearts are looking down on them both from a great height.

Tough times for the Bears Den contributors. Long may it last.

I have had a close look at the bears den myself and it is becoming clear they are starting to crack under pressure of an actual challenge.

What we need now is (derby matches aside) hibs to get the finger out and go on a really strong run and get right up the arse of rangers or better yet get passed them. The

more pressure on them the better.

Allowayjambo1874

I have had a close look at the bears den myself and it is becoming clear they are starting to crack under pressure of an actual challenge.

What we need now is (derby matches aside) hibs to get the finger out and go on a really strong run and get right up the arse of rangers or better yet get passed them. The

more pressure on them the better.

If we win the league and if Hibs get into play offs I think they could do Rangers over two legs as they seem to have a hoodoo over them. In a perfect world Hibs would then get pumped by St Mirren or Partick and leave them both in the Championship for another year! I am going to have to stop having these wet dreams!!

The Future's Maroon

The old phrase 'tin hat on' here, but ideally IF we win the league I would like to see Hibs get to the play offs and get promoted for two reasons 1. We have the Derby next year and 2. The Rangers stay in the Championship.

zoltan socrates

I don't think any sane person would disagree future, it's great watching the masters of misinformation self implode but, and reflecting the mindset of the rest of scottish football, it has been a real pleasure not having the orcs around with all their musical history lessons etc and for them to remain in the lower div for another season might just engender some humility within them, doubt it though as their collective intellect still wouldn't get them through primary school

I'd like hibs to scrape it, then next year while they fight the big drop we can give them a right doing and put that day in January to sleep forever, while we head back to where we should be, at the summit of our national game

Archived