Dumbarton Away

JAMBO1957

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Treasurer

Looks like the club (TO) have more or less set the first LP threshold just about right, despite the seethe on here.

All fans with highest number of LP's have been able to get a ticket, if they wanted one, and now a few next in line have a chance as well.

The People's Chimp

Of course they did. Can't say I've seen much seethe - except maybe from folk who are well off the mark anyway. Anyone with a decent amount of points but not quite enough should know and understand that those above them in the pecking order deserve to be where they are on merit because they get out there and follow the club.

another superb crowd. well done folks. hopefully with not too many away on international duty we have been able to keep intensity and focus going in training. would hate the international break to have hindered our momentum

I am sure Robbie will have had them all well tuned over the last week.

Nelly Terraces

Few mates bought tickets in the Dumbarton 'end'. Doubt they'll be the only ones. Should be another top day out for the Gorgie Roadshow.

Nelly Terraces

Unfortunatly the Dugouts are on the opposit side of the pitch.

Will have to be a collective effort then. Sure he'll be able to hear 500 people in unison from the other side.

Will have to be a collective effort then. Sure he'll be able to hear 500 people in unison from the other side.

I for one can't wait for the handwringing threads because we hurt his feelings.

:jjyay:

scots civil war

should never have wound the hmfc up with his player assaults and dodgy haircuts,that muppet is going to feel rather stranded on saturday

i notice that theirs a huge big boulder behind their ground,anybody tried it for a viewing point?

might be an idea to take a few megaphones and rip him from there n all

The People's Chimp

Looks like a wee picnic and carry out from the rock would have been a cracking idea, although no doubt Police Scotland would be up with a fine and a night in the cells.

queensferryjambo

Thankfully a friend got us a couple of tickets in the Hearts end.

I am really looking forward to Saturday.

Come on Hearts!

Looks like a wee picnic and carry out from the rock would have been a cracking idea, although no doubt Police Scotland would be up with a fine and a night in the cells.

Outdoor "picnics" are banned by Strath sorry, Police Glas sorry, Police Scotland

I drove through to Dumbarton today and bought two tickets in the Home end, no questions asked. It's a fair trek though, around an hour each way. I believe the ticket office is open again on Friday between 9 30 and 15 30. Worth a shout if you really want to see the game.

X

Haha cheers bud.

The things you do to watch the famous eh?

Colin Nish will no doubt bang in a hat trick and ruin it all.

X

netherleejambo

Bought a ticket yesterday for ?20 and it arrived in the post today - it says 'away hospitality' on the ticket but suspect that's a mistake but may be a wee cash bar at half time?

Bought a ticket yesterday for ?20 and it arrived in the post today - it says 'away hospitality' on the ticket but suspect that's a mistake but may be a wee cash bar at half time?

no - unfortunately it isn't hostpitality. Ticket office said yesterday to ignore.

guessing these were originally reserved for hospitality and then released. Might explain why people were saying 20 odd tickets available then Hearts said 100 when loyalty points threshhold was reduced.

still if you want to try...

portobellojambo1

Unfortunatly the Dugouts are on the opposit side of the pitch.

Was similar at Ochilview Park, the dugouts were on the opposite side of the park to the main stand, i.e. the side on which there was no stand (although I'm convinced / relatively sure/ sort of remember there was either a stand or terracing on that side of the park the last time I was at Ochilview, but that was around 48 years previously)

portobellojambo1

Stennys new ground have the same set up after the old stand was demolished & the new one built on the other side.

So there was a stand of sorts on the other side of the ground in the past, but not on the near side where it now is. I was 10 at the time (I cannot really remember if we even went into the ground at the same place we did this time, it isn't really the sort of thing that sticks in your mind I guess), but I do, for some reason remember looking across the pitch at a stand (or at least being aware there were spectators on the opposite side from where I was going into the ground).

So there was a stand of sorts on the other side of the ground in the past, but not on the near side where it now is. I was 10 at the time (I cannot really remember if we even went into the ground at the same place we did this time, it isn't really the sort of thing that sticks in your mind I guess), but I do, for some reason remember looking across the pitch at a stand (or at least being aware there were spectators on the opposite side from where I was going into the ground).

Certain there was a shallow covered enclosure opposite the main stand.

Sandstone tenements, pubs and kebab shops dominate central Dumbarton. Turn left for the castle and you are on a single access road heading for the famous rock.

There, nestling at the foot of the impressive mound, is the Bet Butler Stadium, where Hearts? quest for the Championship title continues on Saturday.

For those following the Edinburgh club west, this will be like reality setting in. Relegation to the Championship means lower-league venues and part-time teams. Known as ?The Rock?, Dumbarton?s ground is modern but modest ? a single-stand venue with a capacity of just over 2000. Hearts have never played there. It is somewhat soulless with nothing but large metal fencing around three sides of the pitch. On the plus side, it is one of the most picturesque locations in Scotland.

Dumbarton have sold a record number of season tickets for this year and could have sold more. The town is not exactly a footballing hotbed of recent times but older generations remember stars of their era. Players like Murdo MacLeod, Graeme Sharp and Walter Smith all donned the famous gold and black with distinction. Dumbarton is also the club where a certain Freddie Glidden finished his playing career after it peaked with Scottish Cup success at Hearts in 1956. The move to sign Dutch footballing god Johann Cruyff in 1980 is perhaps even more legendary.

Relocating from dilapidated Boghead Park to the new stadium in 2000 brought much-improved facilities. However, Dumbarton are unable to fully capitalise on the most high-profile second tier in Scottish football history. Having Hearts, Hibs and Rangers in their league is great for prestige, but chief executive Gilbert Lawrie is frustrated he cannot increase his ground?s capacity. Even temporary seating isn?t possible.

?The problem with our ground is it?s relatively new,? he explained. ?Under the planning regulations at the time of building, we must have full car parking on site. That?s why the original development was restricted to the numbers we have just now, because the site can only accommodate so many car park spaces and therefore so many supporters.

?There is a single access road all the way round to the stadium and there is housing next to us now, which we didn?t have when we first moved here. Car parking is the big issue, the major stumbling block to any temporary seating. We had discussions about it but, in reality, I think we knew from day one it was never going to happen. To satisfy ourselves and our fans, we had to go through the process of looking at it to make sure that was the case.

?Our capacity is stuck and there is no opportunity to increase it in any way. So an all-ticket game against Hibs, Hearts or Rangers is the same as an all-ticket game against Morton, Dundee, Falkirk, Queen of the South and the rest. It?s not really any different for us. Obviously, the quality of the teams coming are different from a football perspective. You could argue that to a degree, but they are actually in our league now, so we?ve just got to play who we?ve got to play.?

Temporary seating was explored by a number of Championship clubs over the summer once it became clear that three of Scotland?s biggest clubs would be joining the league. ?I spoke to some clubs who did it last year,? said Lawrie, a lifelong Dumbarton fan. ?When you factor in the cost of bringing in these stands, plus additional temporary toilets, temporary food stalls and extra stewarding, I don?t think they made as much out of it as they thought they would. Whilst they made some money, it was maybe more hassle than it was worth for some of them.

?I think a lot of suppliers of these stands knew they had an ideal market and I?m pretty sure all the prices started to rise.?

It is not a completely wasted opportunity. Dumbarton can still try to make the most of home crowds when Rangers, Hearts and Hibs are in town.

?We can maximise hospitality,? said Lawrie. ?One of the big advantages to our stadium is we have two really massive function suites. If hospitality sales go up, we have the capacity to take more than we would normally have. That brings in an extra bit of revenue, but not anything substantial.?

Locals are keen to turn up to see teams they would not usually see this season. Dumbarton even had to cap season ticket sales during the summer. ?We?ve sold a record number of season tickets down here, around 620. There?s no doubt the people of Dumbarton are excited by this campaign,? continued Lawrie.

?We only have a capacity of about 800 for home fans so we need to keep some seating available for the paying punter who wants to come one game at a time. We could probably have sold more, but, to be fair to walk-up fans, we?ve tried to take them into consideration.

?The Hearts game is close to sellout. Hearts were given about 730 tickets plus some hospitality seats and we expect the Hearts end to be sold out. Our end will be very close to it by the time the game kicks off.

?The biggest game we?ve had here in recent years was the [old First Division] play-off against Airdrie in 2012. That was a full house and the game was covered live by BBC Alba, so that?s the biggest.

?When Partick Thistle came here in the last game of the 2012/13 season, their end was full and that was also a big game because they were going up to the Premier League.?

Hearts? arrival will be bigger again. Dumbarton?s ground may be a slight culture shock, but a capacity crowd may just get The Rock rocking.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/dumbarton-our-capacity-is-stuck-we-can-t-raise-it-1-3538167

Bit of a long shot bit still looking for a ticket of anyone has one.

Cheers

Someone's been trying to offload a ticket in the ticket exchange forum since last night. Might be worth a try.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Someone's been trying to offload a ticket in the ticket exchange forum since last night. Might be worth a try.

Left a message. Thanks for the top off!

You'd think if I was looking for a ticket is try the ticket part of the forum!!!

scots civil war

so,this big boulder then.......can you gain access to climbing it,can you watch the game without the fuzz ******* it all up ?

so,this big boulder then.......can you gain access to climbing it,can you watch the game without the fuzz ******* it all up ?

Interesting question. I can't see what they legally can do to stop you. But no doubt there will be some bylaw in place to stop this.

13/08/77 a Saturday where Livingston and District Hearts Supporters Club made front page news in The Sunday Post. For Hearts opening away fixture in the First Division a 53 seater, minibus, 4 cars a motorbike and pillion passenger made sure everyone got there. Tomorrow let's hope for a better score than that day where ex-Jambo Jim Cruickshank played a blinder in a 2-2 draw

Good to see that 37 years later Livingston (& District) Hearts will again be in attendance tomorrow albeit in lesser numbers but only because of ground capacity issues.

Archived