Dumbarton Away

JAMBO1957

Interesting question. I can't see what they legally can do to stop you. But no doubt there will be some bylaw in place to stop this.

From 2pm the road leading to the ground will be closed. Only people with tickets for the game can get past.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
portobellojambo1

Interesting question. I can't see what they legally can do to stop you. But no doubt there will be some bylaw in place to stop this.

The road to Dumbarton Rock is the road that goes past the ground amadjambo (it is around 100-200 metres past the ground by the look of things). No one will get onto that road without being in possession of a match ticket and the road will be totally closed from 14:00.

(Balls - should have read the full thread before posting)

I think you need to pay admission to the castle to get to where that photo was taken. Pretty cheap though, can see almost all if the pitch and can't imagine anyone would stop you. Thinking of heading through early doors tomorrow to try to get one of the few tickets left in the home end, but failing that might stick around and set up camp on the castle rock for the afternoon!

Anyone know what car parking is like at Dumbarton? Take it there is a stadium car park we can use? Any reasonably close on street parking?

What's stopping you strolling up at 1:30 and going to the rock? :laugh: (obviously staying there for 3 hours).

Jambof3tornado

Anyone know what car parking is like at Dumbarton? Take it there is a stadium car park we can use? Any reasonably close on street parking?

There is parking at the stadium and nearest streets are a trek away but we are going to park somewhere and walk down to the ground. Hate parking at grounds as it always takes ages to get away.

Cant fekkin wait. Been getting more excited as today wore on!!!

There is parking at the stadium and nearest streets are a trek away but we are going to park somewhere and walk down to the ground. Hate parking at grounds as it always takes ages to get away.

Cant fekkin wait. Been getting more excited as today wore on!!!

Thanks for the info. Agree about car parks, sit for an eternity waiting to get out.

Can't wait for this either. International breaks suck!!!

Thanks for that. Great info. Looks like the side streets and a walk will be the best option.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ex ST holder here, and my boy, Live just by Dumbarton. My pal offered me and the wee man two seats for tomoro. I was absoluteley over the moon. Picked the wee man up from school today. I said ' Guess where were going tomoro?' It took him two seconds to start doing cartwheels and basically go nuts. I then proceeded to tell him that we are not in the Hearts end and need to watch what we are doing,........He cried from 3 until about 6!!!!! As an ex ST he is raging that he cant jump and sing. Kids dont understand how to say, thanks and keep it zipped.hahahaha

Ex ST holder here, and my boy, Live just by Dumbarton. My pal offered me and the wee man two seats for tomoro. I was absoluteley over the moon. Picked the wee man up from school today. I said ' Guess where were going tomoro?' It took him two seconds to start doing cartwheels and basically go nuts. I then proceeded to tell him that we are not in the Hearts end and need to watch what we are doing,........He cried from 3 until about 6!!!!! As an ex ST he is raging that he cant jump and sing. Kids dont understand how to say, thanks and keep it zipped.hahahaha

Cracker :rofl:

Home tickets still available.. 10am to 12 noon only though.. no scarfs etc though !!!

Only persons in possession of a valid match day ticket will be permitted access to Castle Road or allowed entry within the perimeter around the stadium.

All category A games will be ticket only, with Dumbarton FC only selling tickets to their own fans.

Should any tickets remain unsold the final opportunity to purchase would be between 10.00am and 12 noon on match days.

scots civil war

weather looking rather tasty n all,a top day in prospect

so,does this 2pm cut off point exist or looking like an all day restriction,just because were from the capital?

At the ground just now, just bought 3 tickets in the home end. 7 tickets left all single seats, can pay by cash or card. Spoke tothe guy at the castle too, they are closing at 2pm to stop folk watching from the rock. Shame, cracking view of the pitch from up there

got to ticket office at 10.30, one ticket left, let my mate havw it. sitting in a pub in dumbarton, anyone coming thru with a spare? cash n a pint waiting :-)

Shock. Can't have anyone having fun.

I always thought people were taking the piss when they spoke about the Fun Police. But there you have it.

I always thought people were taking the piss when they spoke about the Fun Police. But there you have it.

believe it or not its the Polis that have to actually deal with all the halfwits of the day when ever something goes wrong anywhere..other agencies pick n choose or simply pass over responsibility to the Polis who underwrite the whole duty of care so you may not fully appreciate the constant drain on the few resources they have....

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

I still have ticket available if anyone wants to head through. Will need to pick up in East Lothian though

Replied on the other thread last night. Bit too late now though.

Thought you'd got rid of it.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

I got a pm and replied but no answer. Was that you

No. I replied to your message I the ticket exchange thread.

Not to worry. There's many more good away trips this season. Good luck getting rid of the ticket.

believe it or not its the Polis that have to actually deal with all the halfwits of the day when ever something goes wrong anywhere..other agencies pick n choose or simply pass over responsibility to the Polis who underwrite the whole duty of care so you may not fully appreciate the constant drain on the few resources they have....

ironically enough, i was just joking.

you can see point of Police etc

society that stops people doing what they want is not unusual but poorer for it though

So to recap, we just let people do whatever they want and we'd be in a better place. Rejoice the paedophiles, rapists, wife batterers and house breakers....

So to recap, we just let people do whatever they want and we'd be in a better place. Rejoice the paedophiles, rapists, wife batterers and house breakers....

well its mostly children being pushed down routes that don't suit them

but on balance yes I'd have favoured keeping the Dumbarton Castle open this afternoon. Same as letting people watch England in big screen on Lothian Road in 2010 another police veto

Your other comments are disproportionate to what is being discussed

but then do you agree with Iranian women being in jail for trying to watch a volleyball game breaking the society's rules?

People should be free to do things that do not endanger or harm others. That is obviously the type of freedom being discussed here.

Why does implied criticism of the police get to you so badly?

scots civil war

its a load of utter bollocks aint it,if this nation gets its independence i hope that they turn this negative reactive stance on society to a proactive one

punters goin thru on a top day,top match etc,you would think yes we will accomodate the visiting fans to our town,allow the boulder to be used whilst not publicising too much,we`ll let them in and let them have their day,they will come back and put more money into the town of course

we will make sure theres no one too out of it getting up there etc and everybody will have a great day

but oh ******* no,its the ******* cops aint it,tarring every punter and their club with the same brush

shameful stuff indeed,what is wrong with those *****

People should be free to do things that do not endanger or harm others. That is obviously the type of freedom being discussed here.

Why does implied criticism of the police get to you so badly?

I wasn't going at this from a Police perspective actually so it's not me with the agenda. I was going at it from the point of apparent lawlessness which you appeared to be advocating.

no detection of that in your post tbh...backtrack springs to mind...

So you didnt notice that i was talking about the 'Fun Police'? A fictional entity. That didnt give you any pause for thought? The fact that you didnt notice the humour in a post about people who don't notice humour and instead became defensive and can't spot the irony in that is not by chance.

If in fact you are polis then i'd get used to a uniform, sonny, as there's no way you're making detective.

I wasn't going at this from a Police perspective actually so it's not me with the agenda. I was going at it from the point of apparent lawlessness which you appeared to be advocating.

Oh aye? Quote where I did that please.

Is it on radio anywhere?

It seems that even the local Dumbarton radio stations are covering the SPFL. Currently putting up with Roughie in the hope that they might get to the JTs game.

It seems that even the local Dumbarton radio stations are covering the SPFL. Currently putting up with Roughie in the hope that they might get to the JTs game.

Nah, it's the Thistle derby. Baws.

So you didnt notice that i was talking about the 'Fun Police'? A fictional entity. That didnt give you any pause for thought? The fact that you didnt notice the humour in a post about people who don't notice humour and instead became defensive and can't spot the irony in that is not by chance.

If in fact you are polis then i'd get used to a uniform, sonny, as there's no way you're making detective.

haha...! Very good...ahh Fun Police you say...silly me...mixing up an expression for fictional entity...I really must stop doing that...ok gramps ill take your advice on board seeing how you seem especially switched on and sensible...cue Jim Jefferies eyes...

haha...! Very good...ahh Fun Police you say...silly me...mixing up an expression for fictional entity...I really must stop doing that...ok gramps ill take your advice on board seeing how you seem especially switched on and sensible...cue Jim Jefferies eyes...

And ignored.

Archived