yvonnejambo

We have 3 Mafia Members

2 Masons

1 Cop

1 Doc

1 Assassin

8 Townies

The rules

Mafia (3) – A Godfather and 2 of his/her cronies. There will be no recruiting in this game.

The team decide their targets together and the GF then sends me the name of the target if the Godfather dies any remaining members can send me a name that has been decided amongst you.

The Mafia get to kill every night.

Masons (2) – Much respected in the town.They will be fed the name and result of the cops nightly investigation.

Cop - Can investigate a player every night and the results are passed on to the masons. The cop and masons do not know who each other is.

Doc - Can choose to save 1 player a night from a mafia/Assassin kill. He/she cannot save the same player twice. They can choose to save themself.

Assassin On the side of the townies, has 3 kills during the game. He/she sometimes makes a mistake though and kills a fellow townie

Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote Romanov and unvote Romanov

If you don't your vote will not be counted.

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you’re the doctor or gossip etc you will be mod killed

A lynch will happen when there is enough votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest amount of votes at that time will be lynched. If it is a tie I will devize a way of picking the winner.

Only players who have a team role are allowed to PM other players about the game. If you receive a PM from someone you are not supposed to please DON'T post it on the game thread, report it to me first. If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role/power PM me and I'll try my best to explain it.

No Pms or chat in other threads or even in real life about the game unless you have a role which allows PMs to other players and then it can only be between the players you have been given by me.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I’ve killed townie type stuff. I will punish players who mis behave at night.

Ghosts can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I will be round to kill them for real-just don’t do it please.

Oh and finally I will Mod kill non posters and voters unless there is good excuse.

Players

1 Dave de le Noir

3 Boof

4 CCP

6 Beverley

7 JamboLad

9 Jamie

10 Riff Raff

12 JennyJambo

13 Commander Harris

14 PaddyHMFC

19 The Doctor

20 Stout

21 Cigaro

23 ArmiyaRomanova

24 MedicoHearts

25 Flux

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Commander Harris

morning peeps!

let the games begin.

vote flux

because if you don't you're a baddie. FACT.

:D

yvonnejambo

Mafia game is going over the pond and you are all inhabitants of a lovely new apartment block. The mafia family have unfortunately moved into the ground floor and watch all the innocents move in upstairs (you can choose your own flat and style (oh wait thats the Sims) :rolleyes: Anyway the mafia are wanting to own the whole block and will kill a resident each night in their own apartmentuntil they have the block and can then invite some more mafiosas over to stay. The townies need to rid the block of the mafia, who look like upstairs resident during the day. Hopefully with the good roled players in the game and smart townies they can claim the block back and lynch all the mafia members first.

Roles have been sent out and 1st deadline 10pm tomorrow night

The Doctor

Nice pad CH.

No PM for me, so for the first time in about 8 games I get to be a vanilla townie.

Yeah!

Vote Cigaro

:D

hmm Think i need to get myself a nice appartment.

Barsteward, I was going to try and get in a vote for you before you got one in for me:laugh:

Vote Jambolad the cheeky bugger.

Its a hell of a town.

Barsteward, I was going to try and get in a vote for you before you got one in for me:laugh:

Vote Jambolad the cheeky bugger.

Its a hell of a town.

If I was not off work this week you would of got me first :D

Unlucky!

Ach, baws.

No role - not even a goody.

Since there's nothing to go on, I'll start at the bottom and work my way up - obviously starting at the top would mean me voting for me tomorrow.

So Vote Flux capacitor

BoJack Horseman

4th game. Still no PM. I can see me getting bored of Mafia awfy quickly! I swear these roles aren't random.

vote Riff Raff. Never seen that name before.

Just off to buy some bits and pieces for my new home so I can settle in :)

Before I do...Vote Armiya Romanova

I don't like the number 23

HMFCjamieHMFC
4th game. Still no PM. I can see me getting bored of Mafia awfy quickly! I swear these roles aren't random.

vote Riff Raff. Never seen that name before.

yeah i was like that for my first 5 games i was just a plan old Townie

The Doctor

Vote Flux

He's been quiet, two posters I like have voted for him, it puts him in an early lead and so there's a bit of pressure, either for him to defend himself or maybe even have others defend him, should we have stumbled upon a roled player.

Crap reasons, I have no clue who to vote for really!

yvonnejambo

Votes so far;

Flux-3

Cigaro-1

The Doctor-1

Jambolad-1

riff raff-1

AR-1

Stout-1

Jamie-1

Deadline 10pm tomorrow or 9 for a lynch (I wont be online tonight till quite late if thats what happens)

yvonnejambo

Have you all picked up your keys and lease agreements? :cool:

Have you all picked up your keys and lease agreements? :cool:

Can I have the penthouse apartment please :D

The Doctor
Not digging the Doc and Boof linking up, whats all this about

And Commander Harris don't forget!

We're not linking up, I explained I stuck my vote on Flux to start to put a wee bit of pressure on him or maybe, if we're dead lucky, some team mates of his.

Truth is, I know feck all.

The Doctor

Woooaahhh!

Too much pressure!

unvote flux

He's not even had a chance to defend himself!

HMFCjamieHMFC

you should probably slow down this full on attack on flux as hes not had a chance to defend him self yet

my ears must have burning!!!

just noticed the game started as well. We can't all be lazy students in our penthouses....

i'm roleless so at least one of the voters for me is a goon.

Stange how boof has started a different approach than the last few games. Is he trying to distract the cop for the previous plans?

ArmiyaRomanova
Stange how boof has started a different approach than the last few games. Is he trying to distract the cop for the previous plans?

He probably doesn't want anyone to see inside his apartment.

And I think I know why.

fancy-749665.jpg

ArmiyaRomanova

VOTE : MedicoHearts

I have no feelings about the number 24 at all.

well hello kids

i'm here, i'm role less and i'm ready to play!

good thing is, only 3 goons and they can't recruit, so while it might be a little more difficult to spot em, they can't grow in numbers so if we manage an early hit, its game on :D

Commander Harris
my ears must have burning!!!

just noticed the game started as well. We can't all be lazy students in our penthouses....

i'm roleless so at least one of the voters for me is a goon.

I'm thinking you are right. :)

would be an easy vote to make and claim it irrelevant later.

Well, I'm not cop or mason (or anything else remotely interesting) so if the cop wants to use the idea go for it.

I suppose there's some new faces around who might not know how it works so I'll explain it and if they want to use it...fine.

That's actually a good plan as it'll save them from having to even drop the slightest hint as to their role.

So, if you're going to use it, and I suggest you check with Yvonne first to see how she's going to reveal the result of night-time investigations, as that could make it relatively easy to spot the cop (from the goons side)...here's what to do.

When the cop gets to investigate, just investigate the player below you on the list.

That's it, in a nutshell.

That way you get the masons to know (a) the result of your investigation and (B) who you are.

Whilst that's of limited use in the early stages, other than to give them one less person to see as dodgy, if it's played well enough it can result in a town victory.

In fact if the cop checks out a mason, he could let the cop know who his buddy is by posting someting along the lines of 'I reckon X is a good guy' - obviously doing it much more subtly than that lest the bad 'uns get a whiff of your goodness.

Clearly it only works if the cop and masons know that it's being used so in order to do that I'd suggest you post on here whether or not you'd use it, in the hypothetical instance of you being the cop - then once the result is in the masons can check back to see if they have that extra bit of info.

If I was the cop, I'd use it. <- something like that should do.

Commander Harris

on previous experience, that plan is all well and good but only if the cop doesn't investigate a goon. If he does people cant resist going for the guilty party and then it gives too much away.

on previous experience, that plan is all well and good but only if the cop doesn't investigate a goon. If he does people cant resist going for the guilty party and then it gives too much away.

As I said - it can work if played cleverly enough.

There's no hurry to get the goons right away - if folk can't see the bigger picture then you're right, it does give too much away.

Just be canny with the info until you really need to use it.

Anyhoo, as I've said, the cop had best check to see how Yvonne's gonna reveal the info.

Anyone else gonna commit to using the Boof strategem? Oooh, that makes me feel all important to have a strategem named after me :D

ArmiyaRomanova

Anyone else gonna commit to using the Boof strategem? Oooh, that makes me feel all important to have a strategem named after me :D

:whistling:

Commander Harris

:P

was just going to unvote you there as well! if I do it now it'll just look dodgy.

:P:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

:P

was just going to unvote you there as well! if I do it now it'll just look dodgy.

:P:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

good point

unvote commander harris

got this message too!

You have included 2632 images in your message. You are limited to using 10 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again.

Images include use of smilies, the vB code tag and HTML tags. The use of these is all subject to them being enabled by the administrator.

Commander Harris
good point

unvote commander harris

got this message too!

You have included 2632 images in your message. You are limited to using 10 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again.

Images include use of smilies, the vB code tag and HTML tags. The use of these is all subject to them being enabled by the administrator.

unvote flux capacitor

yeah, got that message too - although I only had 12 images in there!

Anybody else playing this game?

Let's hear from y'all folks, then I might be able to unvote Flux.

But probably won't.

You gotta look less dodgy first.

Actually, you don't look dodgy...yet...you just happened to pick the wrong number and end up at the opposite end of the list from me.

Anyhoo, if you're the cop, would you use the strategem? I think we just need to get folk committing to it one way or t'other so that the masons know what's going on.

I realise this looks like I could be claiming cop/mason status so if it makes me a target for the goons that's fair enough - I won't mind them wasting a kill on me if it means the especially good guys live to fight another day.

You gotta look less dodgy first.

Actually, you don't look dodgy...yet...you just happened to pick the wrong number and end up at the opposite end of the list from me.

Anyhoo, if you're the cop, would you use the strategem? I think we just need to get folk committing to it one way or t'other so that the masons know what's going on.

I realise this looks like I could be claiming cop/mason status so if it makes me a target for the goons that's fair enough - I won't mind them wasting a kill on me if it means the especially good guys live to fight another day.

i can confirm i am not the cop

Commander Harris

why "strategem"(sic) and not just "strategy"?

He probably doesn't want anyone to see inside his apartment.

And I think I know why.

fancy-749665.jpg

Thats my apartment! How did you get inside :mad:

Not one of the goons sneaking around and trying to take over already by any chance?

VOTE : MedicoHearts

I have no feelings about the number 24 at all.

And what was that for?

typically quiet first day i guess, and as usual, no idea who to vote for.

needle in a list of names again i guess

flux, if you can confirm you're not a cop, can you confirm what you ARE?

i know you'll say townie, but you were a wee bit quick off the "i'm not...." mark.

gonna vote colincameron for no reason other than i have to get a vote in, and his was the first name on the list i pointed my pen at

Archived