Who Has the Best Football Club Song ?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Csaba's Broon Shoes

What club or country in the world has the best football song ?

For quality lyrics and musical accompaniment which is great to sing and be

heard in the heat of a match which makes hair stand up on the back of your

neck that adds to the special atmosphere .

What club or country in the world has the best football song ?

For quality lyrics and musical accompaniment which is great to sing and be

heard in the heat of a match which makes hair stand up on the back of your

neck that adds to the special atmosphere .

We do.

There's nothing better than the Hearts song when it's sung at a packed out Tynecastle when we're gubbing the Hibs once again. Nothing better at all.

i know i'm biased, i know its not objective, but i can't think of any football song better than ours

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Got to say, on a European night when Liverpool sing YNWA it makes the hairs stand up.

Hearts song is great although I prefer the Europe song. Absolute genius.

One of many things that annoy me about the Hobos is that they have to have the worst songs of any football club in the land.

Ooo to be a Hibee? Pffft.

Got to say, on a European night when Liverpool sing YNWA it makes the hairs stand up.

Hearts song is great although I prefer the Europe song. Absolute genius.

One of many things that annoy me about the Hobos is that they have to have the worst songs of any football club in the land.

Ooo to be a Hibee? Pffft.

The Europe song is genius. I remember getting half a beer tent at Glastonbury singing it a few years back and was very proud of myself. Everyone just thought it was a great song. Everyone was right.

Never mind the best, how many other clubs actually have their own official, original song thats not just some made up words sung to another tune? Not many i'd say, always thought it was one of many things that make the jt's unique?! One thing better than the hearts song at tyne, thats the hearts song at a half full hampden, whilst humping the hobs 4-0 in the cup semi, when they could'nt even be botherd to turn up, moan the white stripes!

Having had the opportunity to attend Old Trafford a number of times over the last two seasons there is no doubt they have the most songs (by far) of any club side I know but that probably comes from having the biggest crowds by far. Most of the current squad (yes even Darren Fletcher !) have a song in their honour nevermind all the longer term songs.

Legend Claws
Having had the opportunity to attend Old Trafford a number of times over the last two seasons there is no doubt they have the most songs (by far) of any club side I know but that probably comes from having the biggest crowds by far. Most of the current squad (yes even Darren Fletcher !) have a song in their honour nevermind all the longer term songs.

What is the Fletcher song!?!

Walter Payton
Never mind the best, how many other clubs actually have their own official, original song thats not just some made up words sung to another tune? Not many i'd say, always thought it was one of many things that make the jt's unique?! One thing better than the hearts song at tyne, thats the hearts song at a half full hampden, whilst humping the hobs 4-0 in the cup semi, when they could'nt even be botherd to turn up, moan the white stripes!

The Hearts song is a song with made up words to another tune- the tune's an old hymn...

jamboinglasgow

If you ask jo brand she says Hearts song is the worst song.

Though I think it is great song, though it has to be the 86 verson, it has pace and sung really well. Gives me a great feeling when fans sing it.

Think this season has been lacking in atmosphere but from previous seasons the European song is amazing when it is sung at a match.

Would agree with YNWA on a european night at anfield.

Buffalo Bill

I think every fan of every club would say their own, so I would proclaim that we have the first and the second best songs in football.

But even songs we hate sang by fans we despise are pretty powerful if listened to objectively.

My current favourite is the ?Do the Ayatollah? thing by Cardiff fans. Quality.

Buffalo Bill

Never mind the best, how many other clubs actually have their own official, original song thats not just some made up words sung to another tune? Not many i'd say, always thought it was one of many things that make the jt's unique...[/quote']The Hearts song is a song with made up words to another tune- the tune's an old hymn...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFcfTEMG2a8&eurl=http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13038

Spellczech

Interesting, but it?s only the one line from the hymn and TBH it is such a simple line it could have been written independantly. The Tune is definitely the one from the Butch Cassidy song though - and a right rootin?tootin?humdinger it is too!:)

Spellczech
I really like Panathinaikos 'Horto Magiko', sung at both their football and basketball games.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u0rMe2Vyb9E

The Hearts European song is another cracker, shame we couldn't sing it much this season.

"Magic Garden"? That is a cracker. We should shamelessly nick it! Anyone any good at putting lyrics to a tune?

blondejamtart
i know i'm biased, i know its not objective, but i can't think of any football song better than ours

Yep - that pretty much sums it up for me too! :thumb:

Alan Johnson
My son thinks Blue Moon

i agree great song its brilliant when belted out

Commander Harris

the PAO song has interesting lyrics: :D

translation:

It's a magic weed, give me a little bit to taste, to dream of my PAO and shout as far as God : My Panatha, I love you, like heroin, like a hard drug, like hashish, lsd, for you PAO the whole world is stoned, (or: PAO the whole world is high on you), the whole world. My Panatha, my Panatha, I love you, I love you, wherever you may play I will always follow you, I follow you, PAO here, PAO here, PAO there, PAO there, wherever you may play we will always be together, always together.

Commander Harris

accidently posted this in the McGhee thread :confused:

of course the Hearts song and the european song are my favourites.

for other teams you can't beat the barca hymn: "tot el camp"

Spellczech
the PAO song has interesting lyrics: :D

translation:

It's a magic weed, give me a little bit to taste, to dream of my PAO and shout as far as God : My Panatha, I love you, like heroin, like a hard drug, like hashish, lsd, for you PAO the whole world is stoned, (or: PAO the whole world is high on you), the whole world. My Panatha, my Panatha, I love you, I love you, wherever you may play I will always follow you, I follow you, PAO here, PAO here, PAO there, PAO there, wherever you may play we will always be together, always together.

It?s all Greek to me!

Here?s a carp effort:

"Oh there they go, my football team,

One day they?ll be the best that. I. have. ever. seen,

Oh there they go, Hearts football team,

They seldom win but we can always hold the dream!"

LOL:);):P

I don't care much for West Ham but the following seems to be a perfect metaphor for the experience of following a not particularly successfull football club.

I'm forever blowing bubbles,

Pretty bubbles in the air.

They fly so high,

They reach the sky,

And like my dreams,

They fade and die.

Fortune's always hiding,

I've looked everywhere,

It's happily whimisical and fatalistically melancholy all at the same time.

I don't care much for West Ham but the following seems to be a perfect metaphor for the experience of following a not particularly successfull football club.

They fly so high,

They reach the sky,

And like my dreams,

They fade and die.

Fortune's always hiding,

I've looked everywhere,

It's happily whimisical and fatalistically melancholy all at the same time.

I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles, and I thought that was Michael Jackson's song ;)

Hagar the Horrible

There was a book written by someone (sorry don't know who) who had a list of those songs by all the top sides in Scotland and England I read it in the Gyle Bargain book store a couple of years back.

Hearts had the biggest section by far, but it did include loads from the 70's

Hit em on the head

Pogo

Your goint to get your ******* kicked in etc

Kille fans had "Paper Roses" to this day god knows why?

Rangers and Celtic were pretty much on one page as it did not include songs stolen for other clubs (YNWA) or so called traditional folk songs with connotations:rolleyes:

HIbs only had one song:

Hibbies, clap calp clap

Hibbies, clap calp clap

Hibbies, clap calp clap

But most Hibs fans have forgotten the words?

Although it's quite intimidating when the Tims start their song's,none off them are actual football songs,I can't really think of one tic "football" song at all.

Sorry tell a lie hail hail I suppose,but thats just pesh.

Could watch that all day. The perfectly observed dramatic pause about 30 secs in, then belt it out in unison. Everyone, to a man.

What a top support that night.

Oh for the days of european adventures.....

Nobody in their right mind would take any notice of what an ugly fat lesbian says. :mad:

janie jones

John Peel played the 86 version of the Hearts song that almost great season. He said it was the best football song he had heard. A man of impeccable musical taste IMO so who we are to argue!!

Celtic FC girfuy. This is by far and away the greatest YNWA ever :

My favourites:

1. Clubs

* Hearts song - Hector Nicol version, not the pathetic 1986 chunky chicken version.

* Blue is the Colour - Chelsea FC. Belter.

* FC Barcelona song that's played prior to their home matches with the words coming up on the electronic scoreboards.

* Follow follow - Rangers FC's football classic

2. Countries

* Ally's Tartan Army - from the time when we had a great team and our supporters weren't diddies.

* Three Lions. Top tune, great lyrics. Everything a football song should be.

Rudolf's Mate
I really like Panathinaikos 'Horto Magiko', sung at both their football and basketball games.

The Hearts European song is another cracker, shame we couldn't sing it much this season.

Blue Moon and the original Hearts songs for me though I thought the this link Mugwa posted of Panathinaikos 'Horto Magiko' is cracking. Really gets the crowd going!

The best song by a mile is The Hearts Song - Hector Nicol version

I think that Chelsea's Blue is the Colour pretty special, and I'm sure it is to the 'Bridge faithful in the way Hector is to us.

The WORST...well...

Two Lions on a shirt?

Football's coming home...

Grudgingly, from a music point of view, World in Motion is a good football song, except maybe the John Barnes bit! :)

I am now a PAO fan after that video.... that is ***n amazing!!!

But my fav song has 2 be the man utd song about ronaldo

the hearts european song is my fav hearts song.

when the piper was marching through haymarket playin the tune of the hearts are having a party on the bagpipes i was loving that moment. Just totally summed up the day!!

TimeBandit

was watching a programme a few years back.. (mid nineties i thnk..)..

anyway there was a group of old sailors in it who were singing a song, of which the lead into the chorus was.. "This is my story, this is my song.."

The tune was the same but the rest of it wasn't..!!

I've been trying to find out what they were singing ever since..

Oh and by the way.

We have the best, most origianl and hair raisingly fantastic song ever. End of.

(I don't care that the B side of the single was Glory glory to the gayboyshagmysisterandgivemecrackbees..)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
The best song by a mile is The Hearts Song - Hector Nicol version

I think that Chelsea's Blue is the Colour pretty special, and I'm sure it is to the 'Bridge faithful in the way Hector is to us.

The WORST...well...

Two Lions on a shirt?

Football's coming home...

Grudgingly, from a music point of view, World in Motion is a good football song, except maybe the John Barnes bit! :)

That John Barnes rap is the finest moment in the history of music. FACT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNTmWdfj-LA

if hearts song is not an original tune but an old hymn or folk song(i'm not an avid viewer of songs of praise) then what a piece of lyrical genius by old hector nicol! did he write the words or just belt them out at the top of his lungs? the fact our song has many different verses and has been around long enough to have been printed on vinyl twice makes it a clear winner for me even if its not an original score! have to say though watching 90,000 Barca fans singing their anthem in the nou camp even though i didn't understand a single word was pretty special even for a neutral!

this_is_my_story

Though I think it is great song, though it has to be the 86 verson, it has pace and sung really well. Gives me a great feeling when fans sing it.

Think this season has been lacking in atmosphere but from previous seasons the European song is amazing when it is sung at a match.

Would agree with YNWA on a european night at anfield.

Well then she's a fat munter who kens feck all.:)

Archived