Who Has the Best Football Club Song ?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Anyone who mentions You'll Never Walk Alone as the best song ever needs banned.

maroonlegions

apart from our club song the European song is just fecking class , the words are spot on and always raise the hairs on the back of my neck when sung in unison and loud, even a few hobos i know think it is very good .:107years::107years::dribble:

Can't believe the AEK song/dance thing hasnt been mentioned

Hands forward "oooooooooooh"

Hands back " WHEEYY"

Was quality

Anyone got a video :sad:?

if hearts song is not an original tune but an old hymn or folk song(i'm not an avid viewer of songs of praise) then what a piece of lyrical genius by old hector nicol! did he write the words or just belt them out at the top of his lungs? the fact our song has many different verses and has been around long enough to have been printed on vinyl twice makes it a clear winner for me even if its not an original score! have to say though watching 90,000 Barca fans singing their anthem in the nou camp even though i didn't understand a single word was pretty special even for a neutral!

Me too. and for an international the Welsh, Land of my Fathers is hard to beat, not like the dirge we have!

Hackney Hearts
Interesting, but it?s only the one line from the hymn and TBH it is such a simple line it could have been written independantly. The Tune is definitely the one from the Butch Cassidy song though - and a right rootin?tootin?humdinger it is too!:)

Exactly. But there are other sections of tune, too:

The 'Hearts, Hearts, glorious Hearts - it's down at Tynecastle they bide' bit

...and the 'H, E, A - R, T, S' bit.

It's a real mongrel of a song - that's probably what makes it so effective.

Archived