Most Exciting Game or Team You've Seen?

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

Motherwell 4 Dundee Utd 3 was probably the best Cup Final I've watched as a neutral.

Tom Heaney
Motherwell 4 Dundee Utd 3 was probably the best Cup Final I've watched as a neutral.

I never watch finals as a neutral, I always want someone to lose, not that I want the otehr team to win, I just like someone to lose;)

The Dinamo Kiev team that had Shevchenko & Rebrov were also quite exciting to watch and took some high profile scalps in the champs league.

Agreed. I watched their game with Arsenal (Old Wembley?) that was probably the best and most entertaining nil nil I have ever seen.

Thig Ar Latha
I never watch finals as a neutral, I always want someone to lose, not that I want the otehr team to win, I just like someone to lose;)

Funny nobody's mentioned my first European night. Hearts 5 Locomotiv Leipzig 1. Fantastic night!

Cat Stevens
Liverpool v AC Milan - Champions League final.

I remember jumping about the pub going mad when Liverpool won and I don't even like them!!

What a game that was and Gerrards performance as captain was simply sensational.

I was lucky enough to be at that game. Definitely the most exciting non-Hearts game I've been to.

alwaysthereinspirit
Argentina v Romania in the 1994 World Cup.

Immense.

A couple of Argentina world cup 1978 games were pretty good.

Spurs - Man City 19?? FA cup replay. Ardiles and Villa.

Hearts - Locomotive Leipzig was amazing.

Scotland qualifying for the 1974 world cup. Jordan with the flying header.

portobellojambo1

Portugal versus North Korea, World Cup match at Goodison Park, 1966.

Brazil versus Italy, World Cup Final in Mexico City 1970.

In terms of Hearts I thought we played really well in two matches we ended up losing, the League Cup Final versus Rangers at Parkhead and the second leg of the match versus Bayern in Munich, two games we could have won if circumstances had been slightly different, i.e. if Gazza had become a train driver instead of a football player and German goalposts were slightly thinner.

For two we won has to be the 1998 Scottish Cup Final, and the game at Ibrox when Magic Johnston scored his hat trick was very sweet..

Does it for me. '98 obviously but what a game that was. If it hadn't been for Gascoigne, we would have walked it...

Any other game in the world, Neil McCann would have been Man of the Match. He was phenomenal that day, absolutely brilliant. One of the best performances by a Hearts player I have ever seen.

But Gascoigne was better. He single handedly won that game for Rangers. All the more remarkable given he later admitted having several brandies in the directors box before the game.

His personal life has been full of problems, but he's up there with the best football players I've ever seen.

All in all, it was a great game. When Robbo equalised, it was the most incredible feeling ever - until Stephane Adam :)

I was there with my Motherwell supporting Dad, 2 uncles and grandmother. Given I'd never seen Hearts win a trophy, I had a great time and really enjoyed Motherwell winning.

Whats remarkable these days, is that the cup winning team were in the Dalziel Arms that night having more than a few pints with the fans! Dougie Arnott was feckin hilarious :)

Archived