**Phrases / Terms that need to be Retired Immediately**

Sterling Archer

I P Knightley

You should try going to places like work, or shopping, or stuff like that. You'll hear loads of annoying phrases that I guarantee you won't forget before coming back and typing them into JKB. LOADS.

So, your advertising campaign for going out is "Go out! You'll get properly wound up and pissed off by every C you encounter."??

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alan Johnson

Dusts himself down.

Used every time the player taking a penalty is the same player who was fouled for it.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

I hate 'good'

"How are you today?"

"I'm good thanks"

Noooooooooooooooooo!

'I'm fine thanks' is the most boring answer in the world. I've used it for 40 years and I'm sick to death of it. wtf. Would you rather I use: dandy, ******* awesome, magic, braw mate, feeling like a sex pest today. Nah. I'm not and i'm not going to lie. I'm a grumpy old ******* so good is as good as you're going to get.

You only go outside to go to football matches?

You should try going to places like work, or shopping, or stuff like that. You'll hear loads of annoying phrases that I guarantee you won't forget before coming back and typing them into JKB. LOADS.

:cornette:

What? I'm hardly going to give him a list of my actions over the past week, so I only gave examples he'd recognise.

I have a job and I'm working far more while on 3-month summer break from university. I have hoards of annoying phrases etc but I don't think to post them hours later, and either way would be for the seethe thread.

Father Tiresias

'I'm fine thanks' is the most boring answer in the world. I've used it for 40 years and I'm sick to death of it. wtf. Would you rather I use: dandy, ******* awesome, magic, braw mate, feeling like a sex pest today. Nah. I'm not and i'm not going to lie. I'm a grumpy old ******* so good is as good as you're going to get.

"I'm fine thanks" will do for me. "Good" came over from that land on the other side of the Atlantic, a place that seems to delight in b'stardising our wonderful English language.

Literally.

People should look up what it means before using.

Literally rips ma knitting.

Peter seems awfully defensive about this.

I really really do not care.

:huh:

I like Peter's posts. They're completely harmless.

Damning with faint praise. Harmless? That's the equivalent of being friend-zoned by a nymphoniac underwear model.

Optimus Prime

Might've been said already but...

"You can take the boy/girl out of <insert place> but you can't take <insert place> out of the boy/girl"...........**** off!

Sexton Hardcastle

'Tremendous'

Every halfwit seems to have adopted this word as the choice description of something distinctly unfunny.

Blackcurrent Jambo

One Of My work colleagues will call me and leave a message on my phone Just Calling to "Touch Base"..Me... Not answering you until you stop saying that.

One of girls in Office..".Bear with"..."Bear with" ...Me...Hangs up phone !!

I P Knightley

"Work colleagues"

Where else, other than work, do you have colleagues?

(Apologies to Blackcurrent; you reminded me of one my wife says all the effing time.)

"Here, here" instead of "hear, hear". This one is about spelling rather than the actual phrase so might not qualify for this thread.

HHGH

Agent (insert name of ex-Hearts player).

Snake Plissken

"tin hat on"

******* hate that phrase, any opinion preceded with it is deemed worthless by default in my eyes.

Paterson's Tache

Emojis should be retired until there is equality. If you're not aware what these daft wee things are basically iPhones can download a keyboard that lets you type wee pictures as letters.

However I have a Samsung and the pictures never show up. Nobody should use them until there is equality. Justice for Android.

You don't need to be mad to work here but it helps.

Whenever I have see a job advert that says something along of the lines of 'the chance to work in a fun atmosphere', I know not to bother applying for the job.

RustyRightPeg

This '4 Yard Rule' that the SSN reporters are trying to be funny with using the magic spray to keep the folk away from the camera.

I hate, HATE people that call dessert "pudding". For example, someone eats their dinner and then asks if you would like "pudding" and proceeds to eat a yogurt. Yogurt is not pudding.

Also, I cannot stand when someone is describing their car and uses the phrase: "Yeah it just gets me from A to B". AS OPPOSED TO WHAT? FLYING YOU TO THE MOON?

**** off.

I P Knightley

Also, I cannot stand when someone is describing their car and uses the phrase: "Yeah it just gets me from A to B". AS OPPOSED TO WHAT? FLYING YOU TO THE MOON?

**** off.

To be fair, some men buy high-powered German sports cars to extend the length of their penis or to compensate for being very short.

"tin hat on"

******* hate that phrase, any opinion preceded with it is deemed worthless by default in my eyes.

Ironically, your opinion was preceded by the phrase tin hat on.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Just about all of the terrible vernacular dreamed up by internet dwelling cretins relating to the referendum.

'Cybernat', 'project fear', 'bitter together'.

Also folk just repeating the term 'eat your cereal' over the past week.

I don't know if I've said this before on here but "Boobs". It makes them sound like a mistake.

Snake Plissken

Ironically, your opinion was preceded by the phrase tin hat on.

:lol:

You slippery Soviet rascal you.

"I find it rather interesting that ......" in the context of a point scoring exercise as opposed to something that is actually interesting i.e. caterpillars go into a liquid form before becoming a butterfly.

I don't know if I've said this before on here but "Boobs". It makes them sound like a mistake.

Yep. Hate that word, makes something fantastic sound awful.

...a bit disco

Why do people overuse the word technically?

Usually there is **** all technical about whatever shite they're slavering.

Archived