***Official WORLD CUP FINAL Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ArcticJambo

Even better than the football I've timed my cooking perfectly. A nice bit of venison with veggies for half time snacks. Damn sight better than a pie.

And why had Rio Ferdinand dressed as an airline pilot?

:lol: I was thinking rear admiral.

Vote for Cahill goal of the tournament! Knock on for Ex Jambo involvement good goal as well.

I'm torn now. Prior I wanted Germany to win especially due to the way they'd played. On the other hand I'd love Messi to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and turn on the style. I'd also love Germany to shut up these commentators!

I backed Argentina to win it at the outset, they haven't been overly impressive and I have a saver on Germany as I thought they would be too good in the final, but the game is nicely poised and really could go either way. For once I can just hope the team that deserves it wins the match, cos either way I'll be a few quid up.

Captain Sausage

Rodriguez goal was class, but Cahills goal is just insane. That's a 40 yard ball flying across his body which he hammers into the goal off the crossbar at full sprint.

Best goal I've seen in years.

Argentina have been better then I thought they would and TBF have attacked well.Great game so far.Think Argentina are gonna do it with a messi wonder goal...

BBC all in suits. :verysmug:

ITV in casual daywear :muggy:

Seedorf looks the epitome of cool, suited, open necked shirt, gets the balance just right.

MacDonald Jardine
"A sprinkling of German zealots hidden within the massed ranks of Argentinians...but let's get back to the game." Clive Tyldsley

Terrible isn't it?

Given we've been at war more recently with Argentina I'm going for Germany.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Rodriguez goal was class, but Cahills goal is just insane. That's a 40 yard ball flying across his body which he hammers into the goal off the crossbar at full sprint.

Hard to call, only a baw hair between the two goals IMHO, but both undeniably outstanding efforts and up there with the best ever World Cup goals.

The Old Tolbooth

I'm such a fud, I thought it kicked off at 9pm and missed the first 25 minutes ffs!

:facepalm:

looks like the German back line is gonna be breached more than the Bismarck now Sergio is on. hopefully it loosens the argies up too.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I have never seen a team make as many tackles in forward areas as Germany.

Had to turn to itv because of Lawro! He should be put out to pasture like Hansen.

Watch the match on itv then turn to bbc for the studio.

Misses Lawrenson and Chiles in one fell swoop.

:pleasing:

On a related point, my eldest daughter backed Rodriguez for top scorer after that wonder strike, but she didn't really understand what she was doing and thought she was backing him for the best goal, rather than the most goals :) Still, could work out all right for her as long as Muller stays off the score sheet and Messi doesn't run riot in the second half.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Who's on ITV? Any better than these two muppets? So much for being impartial.

Martin Tyler on SBS out here

:verysmug:

Look at that view of Christo Redemptor :pinilla:

Is that the Spanish spelling? Genuine question...

Anyway, it was a stunning shot. Rio definitely up there with Edinburgh, in terms of naturally beautiful cities I've been to.

Archived