Regal Kingston

The way they swooped into the stands after the match to munch the leftovers was crazy. They have no fear. I'd say get a couple of them shot while thier pals look on May do the trick at tynie. Flying rats.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Left Nut

• Say What Again

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

Sure someone mentioned that the increase is down to the council no longer air gunning the gulls eggs, hence the explosion in their numbers.

So basically council cutbacks have led to more of these ******* gulls knocking about.

Another thing to blame the trams for...

Captain Canada

The trams are just as noisy! Hate gulls as well. We painted the wall in our garden two weeks ago and the paint was barely dry before it got shat on. Made a right mess.

hmfc_liam06

One clearly injured and dying on the 13th fairway at Kinghorn GC today.

Kind of felt sorry for it.

Then I come to my senses.

SirRudolphofSkacel

Magpies as well? Anyone else notice there are hunners of these annoying feckers over the last few years?

Lavrentiy Beria

Magpies as well? Anyone else notice there are hunners of these annoying feckers over the last few years?

Aye i've got a whole Clan of them in my garden, I may have to torch them .

yep, just used to be in pairs. See a load of them squashed on the roads tho.

Had a romantic picnic wi the mrs about 10 years or so ago in the lake district. Game wee feckerz raped ma grub. One of em took a full chicken leg and swallowed it hole! Clean doon the thrapple! Wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of that when it came oot the other end!!!

Horrible creatures but the truth is, if humans didnt give them opportunities to find easy food, they would not be in town centres.

dunno about that mind urban gulls are now dominating the scene now and its down to our disposable living standards. the simple solution is just to cull them. job done?!

• 4 weeks later...
Jamboman1512

This is the seagull that stalks me, was here last year too.

It's out there every morning when I leave for work and every night when I get home.

nyju8ara.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you considered getting solar panels

http://home.bt.com/news/sciencenews/solar-panels-causing-birds-to-burst-into-flames-11363928003169

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I kinda like them...

Here's some wee things about them, I find interesting:

There's no such thing as a seagull. The two that we most commonly refer to as this, are herring gulls, and lesser black back gulls. Same size and virtually the same behaviour, but herring gulls have a grey back when they fold their wings, black backs... Well... Black. Also herring gulls have pink legs and feet, black backs yellow.

Greater black back gulls can swallow puffins whole.

Kelp gulls can take on and kill prey the size of geese.

:thumbsup:

Lavrentiy Beria

I kinda like them...

Here's some wee things about them, I find interesting:

There's no such thing as a seagull. The two that we most commonly refer to as this, are herring gulls, and lesser black back gulls. Same size and virtually the same behaviour, but herring gulls have a grey back when they fold their wings, black backs... Well... Black. Also herring gulls have pink legs and feet, black backs yellow.

Greater black back gulls can swallow puffins whole.

Kelp gulls can take on and kill prey the size of geese.

:thumbsup:

There was a young chap looking for food in the PC World car park , I gave him some chips which had an excessive amount of salt . I don;t think they give a shit about anything . Crazy muthers

Guest Bilel Mohsni

This is the seagull that stalks me, was here last year too.

It's out there every morning when I leave for work and every night when I get home.

nyju8ara.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a lesser black-backed gull. It's probably nesting on a spot nearby. They see buildings as cliff tops and use them as places to raise chicks. If it's got a chick, it'll almost certainly mob you if you get too close. I took a dull one on Inchcolm Island once.

Absolute b4st4rds.

Work colleague of mine was attacked out the back of my work as he surprised one going through the bins.

I nearly ran one over today in a car park as it just stared me down in the car and wouldn't move. Really should have just run the ***** over.

And 4 of us got chased on Inchcolm Island a couple of months ago. Proper scary.

Bungalow Bill

I'm just back from London and I didn't see a single gull, they seem to have them under control but ECC are letting them take over. A cull is required.

There was a young chap looking for food in the PC World car park , I gave him some chips which had an excessive amount of salt . I don;t think they give a shit about anything . Crazy muthers

Feeding the problem.

scots civil war

dont really get gulls in london from what i can remember,they are seas birds aint they.......however the pigeons there are the worst looking ###### i ever saw

we can talk about em gulls all we want but what about em big brown speckled large things that hang around on their own in the periphery of the gulls,they sound like pehistoric pterodactyl type things......what a horrible screeching sound they make,whats their names?

i saw a bloke at annandale st bus depot recently with a buzzard on his arm heading for the roof of the place to have a square go with em gulls n all

i flung a glass of water out of me velux window the other morning onto a gull that was trying to get stuck into me bin outside,it moved allright but not before laying summat on me window a bit later.

Lavrentiy Beria

dont really get gulls in london from what i can remember,they are seas birds aint they.......however the pigeons there are the worst looking ###### i ever saw

we can talk about em gulls all we want but what about em big brown speckled large things that hang around on their own in the periphery of the gulls,they sound like pehistoric pterodactyl type things......what a horrible screeching sound they make,whats their names?

i saw a bloke at annandale st bus depot recently with a buzzard on his arm heading for the roof of the place to have a square go with em gulls n all

i flung a glass of water out of me velux window the other morning onto a gull that was trying to get stuck into me bin outside,it moved allright but not before laying summat on me window a bit later.

The boy had a Harris Hawk .

• 4 years later...

These flying rats are protected because they are migratory. ****ing arsehole of the bird species. From 3:30 am until dusk they squak, squeal, shit and swoop at every passer-bye who dare walk the pavement below their lofty nest in the chimney stack. I feel for the pensioner who informed the council when he discovered a pair of Gulls building a nest. 6 weeks lapsed before the lazy *******s inspected the alleged nest. They confirmed, they couldn't destroy the nest because it was completed, how the **** do they know if it's completed, was there a completion certificate flying from the highest twig?

3 chicks hatched, the runt got devoured by the bigger two, one fell from the roof and broke it's neck (unlucky, lovely neighbouring cats had a banquet) The remaining chick is now as big as it's dad. Saw a sparrow hawk sat in our silver birch the other day, fingers crossed eh?

Cull the ****'s.

On 27/07/2014 at 22:34, Mr Sifter said:

Sure someone mentioned that the increase is down to the council no longer air gunning the gulls eggs, hence the explosion in their numbers.

So basically council cutbacks have led to more of these ******* gulls knocking about.

Another thing to blame the trams for...

Poison might be the answer if it gets any worse.

Open to suggestions. 

On 26/08/2014 at 18:30, scots civil war said:

I was in a private housing complex at Fountainbridge recently and there was a lassie there with a Harris Hawk. I went over and had a wee chat and she let me have a stroke (ooh matron etc). The surrounding roofs were lined with squawking gulls, so it's got its work cut out for it.

1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

I saw that. :(

I also saw this. :(  :( 

I struggle to swallow two paracetamol. **** that. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

Gullzilla...wee dugs will be bricking it.

Work in Dundee and its getting worse there. Folk regularly being attacked for their food in the streets. 

Defo a culling required. Flying vermin. 

I few years ago in Gala, a young lad was walking down the High Street trying to eat a bag of chips, but he was being swarmed by the gulls. In an attempt to be rid of them, he threw his poke of chips into the middle of the road.

As you can imagine, all the gulls went for the chips - must have been 20 of them. The oncoming van driver showed no mercy - absolute bloody carnage as a result. Was really grim, yet strangely satisfying.

1 minute ago, Dunks said:

I few years ago in Gala, a young lad was walking down the High Street trying to eat a bag of chips, but he was being swarmed by the gulls. In an attempt to be rid of them, he threw his poke of chips into the middle of the road.

As you can imagine, all the gulls went for the chips - must have been 20 of them. The oncoming van driver showed no mercy - absolute bloody carnage as a result. Was really grim, yet strangely satisfying.

It's a start 

All ideas welcome 

Not all gulls are *****. I have a wee family of brown headed gulls coming into the garden all summer, they're smaller than the ***** gulls and don't make the annoying noises. I quite like these little guys

I live no where near the coast (central Midlothian) and there is loads of them suddenly in my street. Just a very recent thing. Fkkers wake me up in the morning .cull required.

Edited by Alan_R

I think their numbers may make them more confident. 

Some go about their business calmly but others seem more assertive.

Maybe it isn't so much a problem as it seems. Until say a baby is attacked or something. 

Anyway the Council has a small window to do something. Otherwise people will start to take action. Poisoned pellets are the way I think. 

On 27/07/2019 at 13:08, Lemongrab said:

That's going to be 1 painful shite the next morning.

27 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Never mind the locals. What about the gulls ?

:lol: 

Auld Reekin'
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think their numbers may make them more confident. 

Some go about their business calmly but others seem more assertive.

Maybe it isn't so much a problem as it seems. Until say a baby is attacked or something. 

Anyway the Council has a small window to do something. Otherwise people will start to take action. Poisoned pellets are the way I think. 

Alphacloralose - which just so happens to be a common ingredient in rat and mice poison - is particularly effective, I'm led to believe...   :whistling:

(Disclaimer: the above statement is for information only and should not be regarded as an encouragement to put such substances out for the consumption of seagulls, or any other protected species, as this would - of course - be illegal. Thank you.)

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Bought the crisps today. Not open yet...

You gonna feed them to the gulls?

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Bought the crisps today. Not open yet...

Keep us posted as to their fire content on the ‘Crisps’ thread please.

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

You gonna feed them to the gulls?

Probably safer to do so than risk his own rectum.  

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

My rectum is used to hot stuff so this will be a skoosh. 

Aye, literally.

:biggrin:

2 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Alphacloralose - which just so happens to be a common ingredient in rat and mice poison - is particularly effective, I'm led to believe...   :whistling:

(Disclaimer: the above statement is for information only and should not be regarded as an encouragement to put such substances out for the consumption of seagulls, or any other protected species, as this would - of course - be illegal. Thank you.)

Pest control should of course be done by trained professionals 

Auld Reekin'
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Pest control should of course be done by trained professionals 

Of course: I should have included this fact in my disclaimer.   :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

**** Yeah!

Forget the hawks. We need a shed load of octopuses in barrels all over the place.