Regal Kingston

Regal Kingston

Is it just me or are there considerably more gulls this year?

They wake me up with their squaking at 4 in the morning and never stop

Time for a cull?

Seagulls and pollen are the scum of summer.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Left Nut

• Say What Again

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

My Left Nut

Time for a cull?

Feel the same as you, they seem to be everywhere this year and the constant squawking is a nightmare. They are nesting on the roof of the block of flats where I stay and some fecking arse is feeding them!! I hate seagulls with a passion!!

Time for a cull?

I've noticed it too. They were all having a feeding frenzy outside my flat the other day. Must have been about 20 of them.

My neighbour and I exchanged cornettes and he made a comment about it being like a Hitchcock film up in this mofo.

Def time for a cull

Ron Burgundy

Been up in Peterhead and the surrounding area for the last two weeks. Fair to say I'm sick of seagulls.

brunstanejambo

Think they need to think about a name change for them as theyre never bloody near the sea!

The dirty b@ss@s are referred to as sh!tehawks in my household...

Been up in Peterhead and the surrounding area for the last two weeks. Fair to say I'm sick of seagulls.

I was up there yesterday and the gulls are fecking huge.

Say What Again

Just been sitting at the benches outside Whitefoord House at the bottom of the Canongate, and they were an absolute nuisance. The entire 45 mins I was sat there they circled about squawking and trying to land on the pavement to eat the slightest little thing.

Nothing really new to that area though. 20 years ago when i stayed in the Canongate they lived on the old New Street bus garage roof. Nesting time was an absolute nightmare taking the buckets down to the backgreen or going to a car. The wee ones would land in the backgreen and greet their eyes out, while the adults circled round going batshit crazy and swooping down on anyone who went near.

I'm all in for a cull.

try living with them every day!

Got 6 of the feckers babies on my tenament roof. If I had a crossbow it would be easy pickings as they have barely learnt to stand yet never mind fly. Always pleasing when you end up with a seagull corpse on the road up here. Unwritten rule that you swerve 'just to make sure it is deid'.

Eating my lunch in the back garden today and had the babies and the parents all eyeing up my rolls. I felt victimised. Therefore breech of my human rights (surely?) therefore cull demanded!!!

edit: I'm in aberdeen!

Edited by cuthy2k

Fort Vallance

Got 6 of the feckers babies on my tenament roof. If I had a crossbow it would be easy pickings as they have barely learnt to stand yet never mind fly. Always pleasing when you end up with a seagull corpse on the road up here. Unwritten rule that you swerve 'just to make sure it is deid'.

Eating my lunch in the back garden today and had the babies and the parents all eyeing up my rolls. I felt victimised. Therefore breech of my human rights (surely?) therefore cull demanded!!!

I'm in Arbroath and it's every bit as bad. Apparently you can't kill the ******* though. There was a guy got charged recently for kicking one.

scottish_chicP

I just ran away from the biggest seagull I have ever seen on George Street. They're huge these days!

I saw one attack, kill, eat, and attempt to fly off with the carcus of a baby rabbit.

Horrible creatures. Eric Cantona knew.

Say What Again

I saw one attack, kill, eat, and attempt to fly off with the carcus of a baby rabbit.

Horrible creatures. Eric Cantona knew.

They constantly fly off with the carcasses of pigeons that have been squished under the bridge at Holyrood Palace.

On one occasion they fought over it mid-air which resulted in it being dropped from 50ft and splatting about 10ft in front of me. That would have made my day, pigeon blood, guts and feathers dropping onto my napper on the way to work.

:boak:

Edited by Say What Again

They constantly fly off with the carcasses of pigeons that have been squished under the bridge at Holyrood Palace.

On one occasion they fought over it mid-air which resulted in it being dropped from 50ft and splatting about 10ft in front of me. That would have made my day, pigeon blood, guts and feathers dropping onto my napper on the way to work.

:boak:

They're the devil's doves. :muggy:

I thought this was pretty shan but should give the gull-haters and fox-kickers a chuckle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OmiyaHearts

I got attacked by one when I got off the train at Wemyss Bay, the bugger shat on me as well. Swooped down on me a few times then bombed all over my denims and top, it was a disgusting mud like liquid and couldn't get it to wash off :-(

Some aim though.

I was looking in a shop window walking along and trod in something a bit crunchy. Looked down and it was a quite freshly severed seagul wing. Must have had a seagul pager or something. Put me right off my tea.

Tommy Wiseau

Dicks. Constantly shitting all over my car. I think they target it the day after it's been washed. :muggy:

One of these *******s stole my panini straight out my hand in Monte Carlo last year and another shit on me in Gloucester station a few weeks ago. Despise the flying demons!

Ricardo Quaresma

Council used to cull using air-rifles on the eggs; looks like they cut that back along with other stuff

_

_

_

_

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

scots civil war

i live at the sea,so lots of gulls around shitting on me car.......wash car,shit,wash car,shit,wash car,shit....whats the point etc

me van dont get it tho,which i find strange

My Left Nut

This is the seagull that stalks me, was here last year too.

It's out there every morning when I leave for work and every night when I get home.

nyju8ara.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by My Left Nut

indianajones

Where about in Aberdeen are you? They are driving me mental.

Dicks. Constantly shitting all over my car. I think they target it the day after it's been washed. :muggy:

On the plus side, if they shite a direct hit on the ding it won't show up so much.

Tommy Wiseau

On the plus side, if they shite a direct hit on the ding it won't show up so much.

Et tu, leginten? :(

Cuts deep :(

It's out there every morning when I leave for work and every night when I get home.

nyju8ara.jpg

"Lookin' at me, right ******'' at me, as if to say, "Come ahead, sqerr go."".

Just as well you're no the type of **** that goes looking for ******'' bother, like...

Et tu, leginten? :(

Cuts deep :(

Sorry, man. I feel your pain.

On the subject of seagulls, they're doing my head in up here in Newhaven. Yesterday morning I got myself out to the garden nice and early with a coffee and a good book to get some serious relaxing done only to find about a dozen of the feckers circling above and making the most incredible racket. Went on for about half an hour before they cleared off to make someone else's life a misery.

All roads lead to Gorgie

All over Sainsburys car park Craigleith tonight. That's it the RSPB are getting no more from me.

punkrockcroc

Kill them now, what makes it worse for me the erse over the road likes to chuck bread out for the birds, all the seagulls then appear and end up shitting everywhere.

nyju8ara.jpg

Waiting till you leave to fire into the bursd NAP.

Daydream Believer

I like them.

They're hard as nails as birds go. Will attack a full grown human and as far as I can tell like shitting on people then laughing about it (which is probably what I would do if I was a bird).

I like crows too. I like how they either walk or fly normally, but if you approach them at the perfect speed they kind of hop away from you, always makes me smile.

nyju8ara.jpg

If that was a video clip, it would have the Jaws theme tune as the soundtrack...

My ex's mum left crumbs out on her window sill in the Canongate one year as she felt sorry for the sea gull's chicks ( :facepalm:). For the next couple of years the same gull (I assume) used to come back and peck on the windows for crumbs and wake her and her husband up, not daft these sea gulls :lol:

Edited by Louis Litt

Psychedelicropcircle

Working on biilding sites years ago the plumber used to nail anybody in the open with a putty gun...he throw some bread out and down came the gulls got one a direct hit on it's heed thing keeled over....thinking it was dead he picked it up and throw it in the electricians van....turns out it was only ko'D the spark shat himself loading his tools that day.

I keep a couple of chickens in me back garden and anytime I put stuff out for em to eat the feckin gulls appear from nowhere. I'm nowhere near the sea. It's probably karma paying me back for dropping breeze blocks on em from the top floor of a building site in the Welsh hills when I was a daft laddie. One of our plasterers used to give em bread with something in it and they would kinda blow up as they flew away.