Regal Kingston

The Old Tolbooth

I keep a couple of chickens in me back garden and anytime I put stuff out for em to eat the feckin gulls appear from nowhere. I'm nowhere near the sea. It's probably karma paying me back for dropping breeze blocks on em from the top floor of a building site in the Welsh hills when I was a daft laddie. One of our plasterers used to give em bread with something in it and they would kinda blow up as they flew away.

Is it not baking soda or something like that which makes then explode in mid air?

Never seen it myself but would gladly feed the little gits plenty of it to get rid of them!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Left Nut

• Say What Again

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

Sawdust Caesar

This is the seagull that stalks me, was here last year too.

It's out there every morning when I leave for work and every night when I get home.

nyju8ara.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's giving you the evils mate. @@@@@.

When it draws the edge of its wing across its throat in a cutting motion then I'd really worry if I was you.

Randle P McMurphy

They feathery bassas are definitely up to something. There are more and more of them each year and they get more and more brazen. They eat absolutely anything including other birds and probably humans before long.

Last night there were hundreds of them circling Crewe toll, probably planning on blowing up the petrol station or picking off the vulnerable at the western general. We need to kill these wannabe pterodactyls now before they kill us.

My Left Nut

Seen one today eating something in the middle of Musselburgh High Street, never moved for cars, buses etc. Kept on eating whatever it was!!

Might have been my stalker, hoping it is now roadkill!!

Edited by My Left Nut

My Left Nut

Haha... You're a dick!! A sleep with my window wide open!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeez I opened this thread because I thought it was about the famous Brighton and Hove Albion FC and now I see it isn't

A few years ago, my mate who lives near ocean terminal was harassed by a load of them for months.

he came home and saw a dead baby one near the outside door to his flat so he either moved it or put it in the bin i cant remember which but......... bad idea! the rest of them must have thought he killed it and went mental, every time he got out his car to get into his home or vice versa they would swoop down on him and attack him. it was so bad that he had to keep the curtains closed in his flat because if they saw him through the window they would fly at the window.

they are evil things, and bats**t crazy!

I suppose if the general public didn't feed them and leave food waste about the place there would be less of them as they wouldn't have enough food to eat.

Businesses/councils etc need to act as well.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Loads down here in Jersey as we're surrounded by sea

They have no redeeming qualities

High pitched squaking

Steal food out of peoples hands if not mouths!

Their shite is 3 times as caustic as human faeces

Dive bombing

Leave their spawn to wander about awkward places then attack anyone going near it

Cannibals

Why on earth they are a protected species baffles me. Shoot them all. *****!

King Of The Cat Cafe

It begs the old question: "Why do seagulls have wings?"

So they can get to the council tip before the hobos.

Getintaethem

Gorgie is full of the flying monsters nowadays, it's been getting worse since the council started using the big street bins. They are noisy b@s**** and when they have chicks they get over protective and start attacking and shitting on passers-by. They've driven off all the smaller birds, very rare to see a sparrow, starling or swallow in the area now. The pigeons are still around, but they are thick as mince so that's no surprise. It's definitely time for a cull.

Franco Fascione

Seagulls love a chippie - the left over kind.

Wish I had an air gun, the seagulls and magpies would eat some lead.

TheMaganator

I once had a pigeon nest on my window in my flat in Glasgow. I waited until the day after they hatched and threw the buggers off (top floor).

Given the chance with gulls, I'd do the same. Scum.

All roads lead to Gorgie

It might be my imagination but didn't section G not start singing The Dambusters tune once when a flock of the feckers were circling near the end of a game. :wings:

My Left Nut

Last night the feckers young was in the back garden walking around, clearly can't fly yet but the parents must have kicked it off the roof. about 5 of the feckers are circling constantly and nobody can go in the garden without being attacked. Hoping that a fox had a nice meal last night.

Regal Kingston

Last night the feckers young was in the back garden walking around, clearly can't fly yet but the parents must have kicked it off the roof. about 5 of the feckers are circling constantly and nobody can go in the garden without being attacked. Hoping that a fox had a nice meal last night.

Funny you should say that - my girfriend seen a fox with a fully grown seagull in its mouth last night.

It was still alive and going mental.

It seems ridiculous that we accept Seagulls attacking us when entering/leaving our own houses.

It should be fair game to kill them on your own property/street/area/city etc.

My Left Nut

Funny you should say that - my girfriend seen a fox with a fully grown seagull in its mouth last night.

It was still alive and going mental.

It seems ridiculous that we accept Seagulls attacking us when entering/leaving our own houses.

It should be fair game to kill them on your own property/street/area/city etc.

Is it illegal to kill them then? Should be fair game like you say.

Cairneyhill Jambo

Is it illegal to kill them then? Should be fair game like you say.

All birds are protected, but under Scottish Natural Heritage General Licence 3/2014, certain species of birds, including herring gulls and black-backed gulls, may be controlled using certain methods to preserve public health or safety, or preventing the spread of disease.

http://www.snh.gov.uk/docs/A1148738.pdf

It has been a serious issue in Dumfries for a few years now.

My Left Nut

All birds are protected, but under Scottish Natural Heritage General Licence 3/2014, certain species of birds, including herring gulls and black-backed gulls, may be controlled using certain methods to preserve public health or safety, or preventing the spread of disease.

http://www.snh.gov.u...cs/A1148738.pdf

It has been a serious issue in Dumfries for a few years now.

Fair enough, the councils need to do more to help the the nuisance and people also need to take responsibility with rubbish etc

Coming to work today through town and there was rubbish ever where at the west end, pretty common too,

The worrying thing is the big feckers aren't even afraid of us and are quite happy to have a go,

The problem where I live is that the wheelie bins aren't emptied often enough so people leave bags of rubbish next to them. A black bin bag is t much of a challenge to a fully grown herring gull so the rubbish ends up everywhere. Which in turn attracts more gulls. The evil sods actually sit on the bins at eye height to you giving it the hard man stare when you walk past. I'd love to just whip out a 7 iron one day and smash one of them. Or maybe a tennis racket and ping it over the road.

Say What Again

Once they taste human blood.....

http://news.bbc.co.u.../uk/2097681.stm

"If gulls pose a particular threat to health or safety, councils can conduct a cull - usually by shooting or poisoning. But few authorities take advantage of this right, as it tends to be an unpopular step"

Unpopular? With who? :(

On another note, I just noticed the sub-heading to this thread topic :rofl:

Edited by Say What Again

All roads lead to Gorgie

A word of warning there is an aggressive flock of the little feckers round the back of the Wickes store in Westfield where building work is ongoing at the moment. Passed there last night and they were dive bombing anything that moved.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Say What Again

Is it an urban myth that they explode if they ingest Alka Selzer (sp?) Or do they actually explode?

Afraid so :(

tommythejambo

Used to stay in a flat on Musselburgh high street with single glazing.

Between seagulls, the 44 and 26 I don't think I slept for about a year.

Nothing a few Rennie tablets wrapped up in bread wouldn't resolve.

Flying rat *******s.

So let's get this straight. You reckon they make that awful noise because they are suffering from heartburn?

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
All roads lead to Gorgie

Whole row of cars got shat on in my street today including one where I normally park. Serves the guy right for taking my space. Mon the Gulls. :2thumbsup:

baking powder does the job as well as bi-carb, so i have been told. dont have any issues with seagulls where i stay. fortunately

These bar stewards wake me up every morning. Constant noise. Polwarth area. I hate them.

When will the F off?!

Regal Kingston

There were scores of them at Tynecastle yesterday including a baby one on the pitch.

The nesting period ends in August so hopefully they will quieten down.

Still thinker need a massive cull as they are everywhere with no predators (except the fox!)

I'm in Arbroath and it's every bit as bad. Apparently you can't kill the ******* though. There was a guy got charged recently for kicking one.

I got shat on by a seagull in arbroath once.

It must have just finished a large doner going by the state it left my suit jacket in.

Snake Plissken

Is it an urban myth that they explode if they ingest Alka Selzer (sp?) Or do they actually explode?

Tried once as kids, didn't work sadly.

Used to watch the seagulls at the Wheat Pool in the Port of Vancouver. The pigeons would feed on the spilled grain, when they took to the air a seagull would swat at one of them and knock it into the water, as the pigeon tried to swim and get out of the water the gulls would just keep swatting it until it tired and drowned , It would then be eaten by the gulls. It was one of those survival to the fittest in nature things, but I always hated seagulls after that.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I got shat on by a seagull in arbroath once.

It must have just finished a large doner going by the state it left my suit jacket in.

:lol: :lol:

After today's jobby I've now been shat on 3 times in about ten days. Once at the parents back door second time was going into the citeh game and then again today while doing work on the car. Previously I'd never been shat on it 32 years. FML we need a cull.

One shat on my fish supper in Macduff a few years ago. Thing was I was in a car at the time with the window open about 2 inches, now thats precision bombing!

Seriously though, why are there seagulls everywhere now? Something must have changed in the last few years.

chuck berrys hairline

Seriously though, why are there seagulls everywhere now? Something must have changed in the last few years.

There's less crows these days I think so it could be related

I think going back a few years they all hung about council land-fill sites looking for nosh, now they hang about towns looking for pavement pizzas.