USA v Portugal

NewYorkJambo

Amazed by Jermaine Jones' all-round performance. Didn't think he had it in him.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had 2-1 USA!! Fortunately, I fell asleep halfway through the second half so my TV doesn't have a foot-sized hole in it.

Germany and USA to play out a dull 0-0 draw to send them both through? :ninja:

The winner of the group is likely to play Algeria or Russia and the runners up Belgium.

I think at least the Germans will be trying to win.

lauriesrank

The winner of the group is likely to play Algeria or Russia and the runners up Belgium.

I think at least the Germans will be trying to win.

A german draw still wins them the group but as Alan Handsome said last night; 'I think the Germans will hammer them'. In fairness I think it'll make for a more open game, the Portugal v Ghana game you'd think would be a cracker as Portugal need at least a 5 goal swing!

A german draw still wins them the group but as Alan Handsome said last night; 'I think the Germans will hammer them'. In fairness I think it'll make for a more open game, the Portugal v Ghana game you'd think would be a cracker as Portugal need at least a 5 goal swing!

Not going to happen. USA deserve to go thorough anyway. Portugal are garbage.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

lauriesrank

I agree. Trying to rely on one player much as the argies have tbh.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Watt-Zeefuik

Its nothing to do with the content of the chant itself, but the style of the chant has been sung in Europe for fecking yonks. See the Celtic Celtic come on you boys in green song.

Then you've got the capo who kicks it all off.

Then there's smoke bombs, a drum, synchronised clapping by large sections of the support, a mass, bouncy and the felly who's meant to be menacing with the scarf over his face.

Do you honestly think that chants, drums, synchronized clapping, bouncies, and menacing costumes are new imports from Europe?

That's the wife's alma mater and the school her family obsessively follow, and the hated rival of my family's team, UNC. We don't watch these games together. Hate to admit it, but they have far better atmosphere. As far as bouncies go, UNC has for years started off home games with a mass bouncy to "Jump Around."

And drums? You seriously think the drums are a European thing? Here, watch, you might learn something -- this is basically the scene at thousands of high schools across the country every Friday night in the fall or on Saturday afternoons at small technical schools like NC A&T:

[/youtube]

There's no club in Europe that can drum like an average American marching band.

Scary/ridiculous costumes? Google "oakland black hole," "redskins hogettes," "cleveland dawg pound."

Yes, the smoke bombs are an import, and cringe-worthy one at that. Also, US fans often chant but don't sing in the way European football clubs do. But we've been doing this long before we had any idea what was meant by an "ultras" group.

Get your head out of your arsehole.

Just seen this 'I believe that we will win' thing. :vrface:

Utter pish. Yanks just don't get football.

Thunderstruck

Yeah, they need to get out some sackcloth and ashes. All this optimism will not do. Much better that they should be glum and adopt a "we deserve to get gubbed" attitude.

And yet apparently have the biggest contingent of foreign fans in Brazil at the World Cup.

Funny old game.

Yeah, they need to get out some sackcloth and ashes. All this optimism will not do. Much better that they should be glum and adopt a "we deserve to get gubbed" attitude.

:jjyay:

Archived