Csaba's Broon Shoes

Will George be the benchmark / yardstick for our new manager as from the

start of next season ?

Will our new gaffer be compared to what our national boss built at Tynecastle

within weeks , 3 years ago ?

I hope not .

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

He shouldn't be.

The first test will be who identified any new signings.

portobellojambo1
Will George be the benchmark / yardstick for our new manager as from the start of next season ?

If you mean by the fans then I think yes, that is an inevitable danger.

Whoever is appointed, assuming someone is appointed, will be judged on what has gone before, usually the last manager, and in the eyes of most Hearts fans, rightly in my opinion based on the s h i t we have had since, Burley was the last manager the club had. In reality we should judge whoever comes in on his own merits, but football fans tend not to be that forgiving or understanding.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Given the way that expectations have fallen, I believe the only benchmark will be a significant improvement on Molotov, Chervenkov, Frail et al.

My expectations for the team remain the same given our budget - 3rd place and a decent run in the cup. It remains to be seen, of course, if we do have a manager in place by 30 June. At the moment, I'm far from hopeful.

We don't need benchmarks

we need a manger

I want him to get the best out of our team

playing the best players available to him

for no other reason than ability or form.

Out of interest

why is it you continue to use this annoying and frankly stupid

way of posting? Do you do it on porpoise?

Or, is it a case that you type your response in Word

before posting and you have a spacing issue.

Simple question.

Rudolf's Mate

start of next season ?

I hope not .

In a word..... NO!

Burley is long gone :mad: and there have been far to many fools in his place to use him as the benchmark. I think there will just be a huge relief if we get someone in the calibre of Levien, McGee or even Jeffries!!!

portobellojambo1
Do you do it on porpoise?

May one ask what small dolphin like creatures have to do with any of this. ;)

I was enquiring about his location upon posting it, that may be the reason for the unnecessary carriage return.

OR, I always say porpoise. :)

Drylaw Hearts

Burley will always be used as a benchmark when it comes to discussing a/the new Manager.

As will Robbo when we're needing a goalscorer.

Or Pressley when we're looking for another Captain.

etc etc.

Clinging to recent success stories is only natural when your in the state we're in currently.

PresidentRomanov
Burley will always be used as a benchmark when it comes to discussing a/the new Manager.

As will Robbo when we're needing a goalscorer.

Or Pressley when we're looking for another Captain.

etc etc.

Clinging to recent success stories is only natural when your in the state we're in currently.

No pressure on the captain then - just be a complete snide, who jumps ship when the going get's tough, and you're laughing :eek:

As for the manager, I think most Hearts supporters are realistic enough not to expect a Burley type start, the one's who - like our legendary captain - walk away when things aren't great, might see things differently though :sad:

post of the week IMHO well done:)

JamboGraham

Is this Burley on day one when we were all left rather flat at the choice after some of the names that had been talked about...

Or, Burley after eleven SPL matches...

Not taking anything away from what Burely managed to do in only a few weeks or may have gone on to do. However, we must remember that everyone really should be judge on what they actually do.

However, to rate any manager against the first eleven weeks of the Burley era is going to lead to nothing but pain...

With regard to George Burley. As mentioned by Scott Wilson he was at the Kilmarnock game a last week.

When asked why he was there and who he could be possibly looking at he said

"No-one but I can't be seen to be going to Rangers and Celtic every week!" ;)

I don't recall seeing Frail mention Burley or his achievements, his benchmark seems to be his third place performances in the second half of the season, hopefully he will state his objectives and any benchmarks prior to the season starting.:sarcasm:

rudi must stay

start of next season ?

I hope not .

i hope he is. You can't do any better than how Burley started the season

JamboGraham
i hope he is. You can't do any better than how Burley started the season

To a point...he also managed to get us knocked out the league cup. A tournament that we had a far greater chance statistically of winning compared to the SPL.

I would rather see a realistic and sustainble set of ojectives used as the benchmark of a Hearts manager.

1. Minimum 3rd place finish in the SPL.

2. No Cup (Scottish and CIS) losses at home.

3. We should only be going out the cup tournaments to one of the Old Firm.

Meet these and he matches the perfomance level expected, exceed these and the result is excellent.

There are many more of these and in more detail however, maybe not for this thread..

start of next season ?

I hope not .

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

rudi must stay
To a point...he also managed to get us knocked out the league cup. A tournament that we had a far greater chance statistically of winning compared to the SPL.

I would rather see a realistic and sustainble set of ojectives used as the benchmark of a Hearts manager.

1. Minimum 3rd place finish in the SPL.

2. No Cup (Scottish and CIS) losses at home.

3. We should only be going out the cup tournaments to one of the Old Firm.

Meet these and he matches the perfomance level expected, exceed these and the result is excellent.

There are many more of these and in more detail however, maybe not for this thread..

rubbish, we were top after 10 weeks and 6 points clear. We had an absolutely great chance of winning it. Honestly mate, apart from Hibs who actually cares about the league cup?

Ultimately yes, That run of games will be the benchmark for years to come. However, for starters, the man ( or woman........cos right now I'm not too fussed :P ) just has to indicate that he / she is not a complete plum / Vlad lackey and we'll be dancing in the streets :cool:

I think people fail to forget though, that we were often still vulnerable in the second 45' during those matches. Aye it's all good and well to say "ach the game was over after 25 mins" but our defending was alarmingly shoddy in many of those games ...........although sadly Dode never got the chance to rectify it :sad:

jambopompey

start of next season ?

I hope not .

the last 2 clubs he left went into free fall, albeit we are better than those ****mers who managed to stay a championship club on the last game of the season.

but yes in kind of way, but also since he left and the freefall our club has went through, some would think a top 6 finish is a must.

for me i will take a holiday to try and get any feelings back to following hearts again.

i don'y mind losing but the circus of a club we have the now has made it hard to step through the turnstyles on match day. i have more or less stayed in the pub.

Only a Game

I think people fail to forget though, that we were often still vulnerable in the second 45' during those matches. Aye it's all good and well to say "ach the game was over after 25 mins" but our defending was alarmingly shoddy in many of those games ...........although sadly Dode never got the chance to rectify it :sad:

I think we struggled a bit in second halves because none of the players we brought in had done a pre-season.

Strangely enough we've suffered the last two season partly because the players HAVE done a full pre-season.

Archived