unhappy hamill..

glastonbury jambo

triplefoofoo

seen worse , cheers for the service n good luck

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whos the new manager like? Who's the guy who knows about football to look at these players and see who can take us forward? Gary Locke didnt deserve whats happened to him atall, on saturday we sung his name and he bowed to the supporters you could see it on his face he was one of us and loves this club - two days later hes out on his arse shafted out a job.

People will say "aye gid hearts laddy" and all that pish but if Levein wasnt a "gid hearts laddy" he wouldnt be anywhere near us either.

So every player and manager in world football must be shafted out of a job if their contracts aren't renewed then?

Watt-Zeefuik

Interestingly, I don't see a thing in there where he says he didn't want to leave. He says he'd made other plans because he expected this -- I'm not sure he was too upset about it for himself.

He's clearly upset for Locke, Stevo, and MacDonald and is speaking out for his teammates.

I've got nothing wrong with his statement. I think it was time for him to leave the club, but so does he apparently.

Sexton Hardcastle

Some of the reactions here are much worse than what he has come out with.

Would have been a useful player next year at that level. All the best squire.

Interestingly, I don't see a thing in there where he says he didn't want to leave. He says he'd made other plans because he expected this -- I'm not sure he was too upset about it for himself.

He's clearly upset for Locke, Stevo, and MacDonald and is speaking out for his teammates.

I've got nothing wrong with his statement. I think it was time for him to leave the club, but so does he apparently.

There is nothing wrong with the statement but some don't like him so regardless what he say's they'll pile in.

Jambo Hoggie

He's one of the few people who should be allowed to air his opinion without any abuse, the guy took a huge pay cut to stay and help (which he did, he's our seasons top goal scorer) so he must be in a position to have a go if he want's.

Cheers Jamie, not the most gifted players to grace Tynecastle but you never hid, you never gave in and you helped as much as you could.

Well said, he always put a shift in no matter what and took a pay cut last season to help the club out so is very much allowed to air his opinion. Anyone having a go at him for that or calling him an arsehole need to have a look at their selves. I really feel for the management and players that we're let go today and I wish them all the very best for the future.

To be fair....it hasn't been dealt with completely fairly. These guys could have signed pre contracts elsewhere if they knew sooner. There's no way this was all decided this morning. AB and CL have been planning this for months . Should have gave the players an idea then .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd imagine it'd be illegal for anne budge to tell players they were being let go and should sign pre-contracts elsewhere. In fact, writing that sentence out, i'm sure of it. It will not have been decided this morning, but this morning will have been the earliest realistic opportunity to tell people

I'd imagine it'd be illegal for anne budge to tell players they were being let go and should sign pre-contracts elsewhere. In fact, writing that sentence out, i'm sure of it. It will not have been decided this morning, but this morning will have been the earliest realistic opportunity to tell people

Pretty sure I've heard of players being told that their contracts aren't been extended? I might be wrong though.

:wtf:

Is this the money we got from SMG that JJ was forced to spend or it was going to be taken away?

Oh my word - you actually believe that.........

thirdyboy1976

I'm intrigued with "I had a quick 25 seconds with Craig Levein and then that was me back out the door"

was it CL- "Ho Hamill" JH- "Aye" CL- "your p15h, beat it"

jambo mark

To be fair....it hasn't been dealt with completely fairly. These guys could have signed pre contracts elsewhere if they knew sooner. There's no way this was all decided this morning. AB and CL have been planning this for months . Should have gave the players an idea then .

pretty sure that you cant do that when you're not in power. people say its harsh but look on the flipside - we've told him thank you but you're not going to be offered another contract here as early as we possibly could - giving him the maximum amount of time to find a new club

Pretty sure I've heard of players being told that their contracts aren't been extended? I might be wrong though.

Not by people who don't own the club you haven't. It'd be fraud. Anne Budge was given power on Friday, we had a game Saturday, she told everyone, everything on Monday. At the risk of turning in to a craig david song let's just say that all she's done everything as soon as she could.

To have done anything earlier would've been to open herself up to lawsuits.

Craig Gordons Gloves

See this "25 seconds" stuff.

I'm assuming most of us have experience of telling people they don't have a job anymore? I've had to do it a few times and believe me - both parties want to get out of that conversation as quickly as possible.

A man is unhappy at losing his job, that's fair enough and his answers to journalists questions are honest and not at all "GIRUY". Fair play to him and good luck to him.

Aye because Niemi was a right shite signing, just so happens when we sold him he brought back almost all the cash we spent on all the other players, the guy is obviously clueless.

Rudi - I get it. You're a JJ lover. That's fine.

JJ bullied Chris Robinson and some people won't hear of that being said. But it's true. Niemi was a top player ( I don't actually dispute JJ's eye for a player). Trouble was in his first spell as Manager he would have signed players galore given the chance.

SMG money was utterly wasted.

Caspian Primrose

Don't think what he said is really that bad. Wishes the club well. I'm delighted I don't have to see him in maroon anymore though.

Point is it's not this scathing attack some are trying to make out, he's unhappy for his mates getting the order of the size 10 and thought Gary and Billy deserved a chance, hopes us well and he enjoyed his time with us, whats wrong with any of that.

Whos the new manager like? Who's the guy who knows about football to look at these players and see who can take us forward? Gary Locke didnt deserve whats happened to him atall, on saturday we sung his name and he bowed to the supporters you could see it on his face he was one of us and loves this club - two days later hes out on his arse shafted out a job.

People will say "aye gid hearts laddy" and all that pish but if Levein wasnt a "gid hearts laddy" he wouldnt be anywhere near us either.

CL is responsible for ALL football related business .

I would have given Garry a chance at next season but it was a football decision and any BOSS is going to want their own people in pulling in the same direction.

Really can not understand the seethe from yourself and others . If it wasn't for Mrs Budge we might well have been discussing what to call our Newco team. The least we can do is support her efforts to prepare the club for fan ownership.

Hearts are more important than any individual GL himself has said this many times.

GarryJ-o-s

Some of the reactions here are much worse than what he has come out with.

This. The sensationalism shown by a few here over a couple of understated comments is Daily Mail-worthy. Showed character and fight at the end of the season, and for that I shall be grateful. Best of luck Jamie.

Dagger Is Back

Didn't rate him as a player and didn't like some of his 'behaviour' on the park but that's a pretty dignified response to being shown the door IMO.

With another baby on the way he will be anxious to get another club

Drewjambobusby

Nothing at all wrong with statement.

Not the best footballer ,but good luck to him.

Oh my word - you actually believe that.........

Of course I do, I believe everything I read in the papers. ;)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Very restrained, especially given he took a pay cut. Surprised anyone could take offence. Well done Jamie Hamill I say. Bang on the money and that's not a criticism of the new management it's simply the 21st century way.

Guest C00l K1d

It's hardly a dig.

He is obviously going to stick up for his team mates and manager who are his friends. He hasn't come out and blasted hearts or the new regime just expressed his disappointment which is fair enough.

Hungry hippo

Decent statement from Hanill and good luck to him. Fair enough decision to release him though.

Not by people who don't own the club you haven't. It'd be fraud. Anne Budge was given power on Friday, we had a game Saturday, she told everyone, everything on Monday. At the risk of turning in to a craig david song let's just say that all she's done everything as soon as she could.

To have done anything earlier would've been to open herself up to lawsuits.

I stand corrected. Loving the Craig David reference lol

I'm not sure Jamie says much wrong in that article to be honest.

Today's decisions are undoubtedly harsh on several people, but change is needed and tough decisions needed to be made.

I have no problem with those who are leaving being unhappy about it especially after taking wage cuts themselves in the past.

It is unfair.

It is tough.

That's football.

GlasgowHMFC23

Not said anything wrong IMO. Thank you Jamie and good luck with your career.

Frank Sidebottom

Whos the new manager like? Who's the guy who knows about football to look at these players and see who can take us forward?

Craig Levein. Do keep up.

Hamill and Billy Brown binned on the same day :pleasing:

Billy Brown wasn't an employee of the club, your looking a right tool abusing someone who worked for NOWT helping our players and young manager.

Don't think that he's said anything too controversial. Feel sorry for him as he always gave 100% for the jersey and obviously took a wage cut.

It's the right decision, though. He was poor for the majority of his time with us and we're a much better team with Robinson and Holt in the centre of the park.

Would have been a big player for us next season and stevenson,some people need to open their eyes

Would have been a big player for us next season and stevenson,some people need to open their eyes

Areshole of a bloke. Cheerio. Glad idiots like this are nowhere near us now.

Took a pay cut in our hour of need to help the cause.

Aye, utter **** :facepalm:

Thanks for everything Jamie and good luck

Billy Brown wasn't an employee of the club, your looking a right tool abusing someone who worked for NOWT helping our players and young manager.

Billy Brown was getting paid, get your facts right.

*you're

Why do you always have to be abusive?

Hannibal Lecter

Glad he is gone to be honest, pretty gash footballer but don't see anything wrong in what he as said there.

Pretty sure he went back to being unpaid again though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/26889183

fair enough, fair play to him. probably insensitive post from me considering today's events but i always worried about what brown was telling our players especially after the infamous "strugglin" interview.

wish him all the best in getting another job, just glad to have a new dawn at HMFC - very positive!

Hannibal Lecter

fair enough, fair play to him. probably insensitive post from me considering today's events but i always worried about what brown was telling our players especially after the infamous "strugglin" interview.

wish him all the best in getting another job, just glad to have a new dawn at HMFC - very positive!

Was the right decision to replace him & Locke. New beginning, new start.

Archived